Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 05:57 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times

Advertisements

If you really believe that Putin and the Kremlin are more trustworthy. If you really believe the FBI, NSA, Senate Intelligence Committee and others INSIDE the US cannot be trusted more than Putin, then what do you really think about the future of America.

I really don't wan't to debate WHO is MORE trustworthy. My question is for those who agree with what Trump said in Helsinki. You are entitled to your opinion, as I am mine.

But I really wonder, for those that agree with Trump, what path forward to you see for the USA? Serious question. Honestly, if it's true that we can't trust any of our own intelligence community, then:
1. Do we really even have a country any more?
2. If we don't have a country (USA), then what are your plans

I'm asking. I prefer that people don't deflect. IF YOU AGREE with Trump, then what are your thoughts about the current and future viability of the USofA as a country? As a world leader? Do you think our days are numbered?

Discuss. Try to keep it civil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 06:02 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
I believe that anyone with basic common sense would understand that having a president that Putin and the Kremlin or any other country first should know better. I said SHOULD because some how they have their heads stuck in the sand and can't see the forest for the trees.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:03 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
How about I dont trust either one and for basically the same reasons?
How many thousands are dead because of the CIA?
How many dictators has the CIA supported? Dictators that were known for killing their own citizens by the thousands?
How many corrupt leaders has the CIA supported?

Now the left loves the NSA. Yeah because everyone loves to be spied on when we talk on the phone or send an email.

The FBI. Well thats a love hate thing there. The left loved when the FBI elected not to prosecute Hillary for breaking the law, but hated that they caller her incompetent for breaking the law.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:08 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
I think some posters on here need to read The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire to see how close America is to losing it all right now. When the citizens start doubting everything about their own government, it is one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel. Our once strong country is so divided, and so alienated from the rest of the world that it is very scary.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
How about I dont trust either one and for basically the same reasons?
How many thousands are dead because of the CIA?
How many dictators has the CIA supported? Dictators that were known for killing their own citizens by the thousands?
How many corrupt leaders has the CIA supported?

Now the left loves the NSA. Yeah because everyone loves to be spied on when we talk on the phone or send an email.

The FBI. Well thats a love hate thing there. The left loved when the FBI elected not to prosecute Hillary for breaking the law, but hated that they caller her incompetent for breaking the law.

I get what your saying but you having our president saying that he trusts Putin over our own government is just plain wrong. I don't care which party is in office. It's still wrong.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:14 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think some posters on here need to read The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire to see how close America is to losing it all right now. When the citizens start doubting everything about their own government, it is one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel. Our once strong country is so divided, and so alienated from the rest of the world that it is very scary.
We are not alienated from the world. We are bombing more countries than ever before all at the same time. It is the strength of the state that should scare you, not it’s weakness.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:15 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Neither can be trusted. We have been lied right to our faces by our own intel community. They even lie under oath (Comrade John Brennan). Our intel agencies also meddle in elections around the world. They assassinate political opponents and run propaganda schemes to influence elections. Stop your faux outrage. It's childish.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
We are not alienated from the world. We are bombing more countries than ever before all at the same time. It is the strength of the state that should scare you, not it’s weakness.

We're the only country in the world that has military bases around the world. Why is that? What's the point of it?

Old 07-17-2018, 06:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
We can all clearly see that the situation is now:

tRump vs America

That lyin' lump o' lard has no intention of serving the nation's best interests. He's selling out the USA for personal gain of some sort, and I suspect that over the course of coming events we will know what exactly it is that he's expecting to receive in return for his servitude to Putin.

It's also clear that he's not going to get away with it.

Oh, he might seem to be getting it all his way for a few months longer, but stay tuned.

America will win.

But we might have to do so w/o any assistance from tRump's party, who seem hellbent on supporting his treason.

Old 07-17-2018, 06:18 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I get what your saying but you having our president saying that he trusts Putin over our own government is just plain wrong. I don't care which party is in office. It's still wrong.
Trump never said that. He said he wants proof from both sides. Knowing how our intel agencies use propaganda and lie regularly, If I was POTUS I'd want proof too, especially after they did everything they could to try and take him down. The ONLY thing our intel agencies are going by about this stupid election meddling is a report from a third party vendor Crowdstrike. They have absolutely no first hand knowledge of any hacking of any servers. You would think the FBI\CIA would be concerned about that but they aren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies