Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 08:14 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times

Advertisements

I am confused because, on the one hand, Obama said it was impossible to rig the election. But on the other hand, we are supposed to be very concerned that Russians rigged the election.

So, which is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcjaO2953os
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 08:15 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
He only said that because he knew they were getting help from Russia for HRC.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:17 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
The Obama administration received multiple warnings from national security officials between 2014 and 2016 that the Kremlin was ramping up its intelligence operations and building disinformation networks it could use to disrupt the U.S. political system, according to more than half a dozen current and former officials.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:18 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I am confused because, on the one hand, Obama said it was impossible to rig the election. But on the other hand, we are supposed to be very concerned that Russians rigged the election.

So, which is it?

You don't understand the issue. Obama said the machines can't be rigged at the polls he did not say that another country can not interfere with our elections like Russia did and has been proven.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:19 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

So, which is it?

This is the one and only time I believe Odummy.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:21 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
You don't understand the issue. Obama said the machines can't be rigged at the polls he did not say that another country can not interfere with our elections like Russia did and has been proven.
Ok, explain interfere?

You do realize that Putin's goal was to "disrupt" right? And Liberals are giving Putin exactly what he wants.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:22 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
I belong in the "impossible" camp.
For all the talk of meddling, I have not seen anything that indicates any outsider affected a change in the outcome of 2016 election. With so many polling places and so many different methods of counting the vote, I just don't see where anyone could influence the count.
But that doesn't mean they cannot influence our attitudes about politicians. In that area I think outsiders can do a little mischief, but very little because of all the outside forces - talk radio; Hollywood; late night TV.

Rig? ....... No.
Promote/Destroy a particular candidate? ........... Maybe a little.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:22 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Ok, explain interfere?

You do realize that they've done this before right? You do realize that we have done it too right? This isn't anything new, the issue for you is you don't like the outcome of the election so now you're finally paying attention.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:23 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
I liked Obama enough but boy is he ever the poster boy for a 2 faced slicked up politician.

I still remember the time when he was debating Mittens Romney and Romney said that Russia is our number one foe and Obama laughed and said "Mitt the 80's called and they want their foreign policy back". Everyone had a good laugh at that.

Was Obama that blind or uninformed because suddenly Russia is now the biggest threat to the world and our democracy.

I believed Obama when he said the Russians could not influence our elections but now one has to wonder just how much they were helping the DNC.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:25 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
So, we should be concerned that Russia has tried for many years to rig our elections. But we should also be relieved that they have been completely unsuccessful and we do have a legitimately elected President?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies