Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 11:40 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,271,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Interesting that you didn't choose to comment of Tall Traveler's post, just LifeIsGood's. It's almost like you have a bias.....
Did I miss something? Tall Traveler didn’t put down an entire group of people based on their political affiliation. Saying that the two are the same insult makes you look like the bias one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 12:07 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,029,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Beat me to it.

Also, higher intelligence has been shown scientifically to be linked to less happiness. Liberals tend to be higher educated, and higher education tends to correlate to higher IQ.

Btw, OP, one things conservatives definitely are more of compared to liberals is afraid.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ical-attitudes
If liberals are so high in intelligence, then why do they force schools to lower the standards of getting into college for areas dominated by democratic voters? Also, most "intelligent" careers like physicians, physicists, engineers tend to lean more toward republican in voting.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:15 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,029,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Policies that encourage a better work/life balance probably don't hurt, either.
We would have better work lives over here if the democrats stopped taxing people to death with all of their regulations and social programs, and then sign laws that allow businesses to ship jobs overseas, and then sign laws like DACA and scream for open borders so there is an unlimited influx of low wage workers pouring into the country. You guys can't scream for unions while leaving back doors open to invite loopholes that screw the American worker.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:20 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,581,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Did I miss something? Tall Traveler didn’t put down an entire group of people based on their political affiliation. Saying that the two are the same insult makes you look like the bias one.
Tall Traveler generally refers to liberals as Demonic Rats. If that's not a put-down, I am rather curious as to what you think a real put-down might be.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:44 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,271,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Tall Traveler generally refers to liberals as Demonic Rats. If that's not a put-down, I am rather curious as to what you think a real put-down might be.
And how can I possibly know all his posts?!? I was referring to this thread and comparing those two comments.

And you’re right, calling someone rats isn’t nice either but let’s stick to what was said in this thread.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:28 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,511,169 times
Post deleted by me, Joe the Photog. See post below this one

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 07-19-2018 at 02:14 AM..

Old 07-19-2018, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
And even when they took the polls in other countries, conservatives were much happier.
In 2006, PEW showed republicnas at 47% very happy while only 28% of democrats were.
And every survey since shows co servatives more happy.

This explains to me why you see so much anger, hate-mongering, vulgarity, intolerance, and devisiveness with democrats —they are pretty unhappy.

Maxine Waters, Pelosi, Schumer, et al — they are always outraged at something even when a democrat is president. Hollywood celebrity liberals are so often substance abusers, depressed and suicidal, and their movies are full of perverse violence and sex. Democrats rant, riot, harrass people, and lack civility and manners.
You just don’t hardly ever see republicans doing this. (I do not include Trump as a real republican, he was a dem for much longer and fits more with their angry bullying temperament)
“
You know, I replied to this thread under the pretense that it was a real thread as to why one party is more depressed than the other. I stupidly believed -- eve if for just a few minutes -- that it was really about depression, but it's actually just another excuse for folks on different sides of the aisle to bash the other side over the head.

I do know one thing. There is not a political reason for why people are depressed. Not that anyone in this thread cares about that

Old 07-19-2018, 02:39 AM

33,306 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
As opposed to the premise of the thread in the first place?

Interesting that you didn't choose to comment of Tall Traveler's post, just LifeIsGood's. It's almost like you have a bias.....

The link was wrong all along, I noticed that yesterday but you could try DMing a mod to get it corrected.
I probably should have made myself clearer, but the reason I typed posts, rather than post, was that I meant overall....as in many posts, in many different types of threads. IMO, it is a thing re that poster's overall attitude, not specific to this thread..

Old 07-19-2018, 02:55 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,616,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yep, richer, smarter, happier, better looking...sux to be liberal.
Quite a silly statement since most of the wealth in America is in Liberal states such as Cali & New York and the most populated too.

better looking???

https://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/ar...ong%20Main.jpg

yeah !

Old 07-19-2018, 03:07 AM

Well, there is Hope Hicks, too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies