Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 09:04 PM

3,437 posts, read 2,407,005 times

Advertisements

I always thought being Jewish was religion, cultural, and heritage. Combination of the three or any one or two of the three. So you could be born and raised Jewish but not embrace it, so the religion part doesn't apply to you. But the heritage part does. Or you could be born something else and convert, so the religion and culture applies but the heitage doesn't.

It's not a race or ethnicity as far as I can tell. If it was ethnicity there'd be physical traits that all Jews have in common. But there are European Jews, Spanish Jews, African Jews, Egyptian Jews, Scandinavian Jews - I don't think they all have any physical traits in common. So not a race either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2020, 12:55 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,043,961 times
LOL!

Quote:
Isn’t it a bigger problem that men are refusing to take responsibility for abusing women, and abusing their power? “No. When you have power, you don’t take responsibility for abusing others. You enjoy the power. That’s the way it works in reality.”

I can tell you about a very well-known actress coming up to me and saying, ‘What do I have to do to get in your film, Terry?’ I don’t understand why people behave as if this hasn’t been going on as long as there’ve been powerful people. I understand that men have had more power longer, but I’m tired, as a white male, of being blamed for everything that is wrong with the world.” He holds up his hands. “I didn’t do it!”

“It’s been so simplified is what I don’t like. When I announce that I’m a black lesbian in transition, people take offence at that. Why?”

“I don’t like the term black or white. I’m now referring to myself as a melanin-light male. I can’t stand the simplistic, tribalistic behaviour that we’re going through at the moment.” He smiles. “I’m getting myself in deeper water, so I have to trust you.” I’m not sure what he’s trusting me to do.

“I’m talking about being a man accused of all the wrong in the world because I’m white-skinned. So I better not be a man. I better not be white. OK, since I don’t find men sexually attractive, I’ve got to be a lesbian. What else can I be? I like girls. These are just logical steps.”
The Independent:Terry Gilliam: ‘I’m tired of white men being blamed for everything wrong with the world’ After two decades of trying, the director and former Monty Python member has finally managed to make ‘The Man Who Killed Don Quixote’. But he’d rather talk to Alexandra Pollard about #MeToo, the trials of being a white man, and why he’s decided to become a ‘black lesbian in transition’

Old 02-06-2020, 04:50 PM

I guess no gave Omar the memo that Azkenazi were no longer part of the Teutonic peoples.

Black Skins, White Masks (search jewishness of the jew & next page).

Old 02-10-2020, 06:31 PM

Ye who calls forth the wind, shall reap the whirlwind.

Quote:
When DataGrid, Inc. announced it successfully developed an AI system capable of generating high-quality photorealistic Japanese faces, it was impressive. But now the company has gone even further. Its artificial intelligence (AI) system can now create not only faces and hair from a variety of ethnicities, but bodies that can move and wear any outfit.
Forbes: AI Can Now Create Artificial People - What Does That Mean For Humans?

Last edited by kovert; 02-10-2020 at 06:43 PM..

Old 02-10-2020, 06:42 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Ye who calls forth the wind, shall reap the whirlwind.

[]quote[When DataGrid, Inc. announced it successfully developed an AI system capable of generating high-quality photorealistic Japanese faces, it was impressive. But now the company has gone even further. Its artificial intelligence (AI) system can now create not only faces and hair from a variety of ethnicities, but bodies that can move and wear any outfit./quote]

Forbes: AI Can Now Create Artificial People - What Does That Mean For Humans?
Someone will refuse to hire/buy them because they aren't religious enough. [Sarcastic]

Old 02-26-2020, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Someone will refuse to hire/buy them because they aren't religious enough. [Sarcastic]
Well as I said before, oftentimes, people get the gubmint they deserve.

Quote:
A woman who is wanted by police for trespassing after climbing into the lion enclosure at the Bronx Zoo told reporters in a bizarre interview that she wasn't afraid to approach the wild animal.

“I am the lion now. Can’t you tell? Have you ever heard of reincarnation? Do your history young man!” she instructed a reporter. Then she complimented his eyes and smile.

“Do your history, it’s called reincarnation. I am the lion now," she repeated.
NBCNews: Woman wanted for climbing into Bronx Zoo lion exhibit: 'I am the lion now'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies