Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 04:53 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,090,217 times

Advertisements

California has the nation’s highest poverty rate.

TRUE: California has the nation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 04:56 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,796,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Help me understand. Democrats hate the rich AND they hate the poor?
No. Why? The OP just posted statistics. What's that got to do with Democrats?

Old 07-18-2018, 04:56 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
LOL. The counties I see on the list I recognize like Concho Cty TX are very agrarian, low population, low COL and pretty decent places to live.

I'd much rather live in Concho Cty than St Louis, Detroit, NOLA and the other crap Democrat holes.

Too bad you can't put crime rates with this list.

Old 07-18-2018, 05:01 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,633,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Perfect, when you can tell me any red state that has POOP maps, so you know not where to go, then get with us.....until then, who cares.....
You do, that is who.

Because you know full well Red state economics are failing and they are failing the bottom 90% the most.

Meanwhile states like WA that used to be Red , have gotten wealthy by turning blue. It makes you sick to see Seattle full of liberals, but getting richer and richer and richer everyday.

You hate it, because it proves everything you guys say is false. The Red states making money are digging things up out of the ground. The majority of red states are getting poorer not richer. The IQ of red states is dropping because your smartest people are leaving to live in Blue states where they can live FREE.

And there is the irony! you guys talk about freedom, but want it only for a select few and thus you live much poorer and without the freedoms found in blue states.

Want to live free? want to have the chance to learn and grow, or just get rich? Come to a blue state. It really is that simple.

You won't see Amazon setting up it's new HQ is some Red state red city. They will avoid that, they will ONLY move to a liberal area because they need lots of smart , hard working people and they can't find that in deep red areas...

Old 07-18-2018, 05:07 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,704,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Help me understand. Democrats hate the rich AND they hate the poor?
I don't believe either was inferred in the OP. The OP was pointing out that if Republican policies were so great, why are the 100 poorest counties mostly republican? It's a valid question.

Old 07-18-2018, 05:10 PM

609 posts, read 302,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
You do, that is who.

Because you know full well Red state economics are failing and they are failing the bottom 90% the most.

Meanwhile states like WA that used to be Red , have gotten wealthy by turning blue. It makes you sick to see Seattle full of liberals, but getting richer and richer and richer everyday.

You hate it, because it proves everything you guys say is false. The Red states making money are digging things up out of the ground. The majority of red states are getting poorer not richer. The IQ of red states is dropping because your smartest people are leaving to live in Blue states where they can live FREE.

And there is the irony! you guys talk about freedom, but want it only for a select few and thus you live much poorer and without the freedoms found in blue states.

Want to live free? want to have the chance to learn and grow, or just get rich? Come to a blue state. It really is that simple.

You won't see Amazon setting up it's new HQ is some Red state red city. They will avoid that, they will ONLY move to a liberal area because they need lots of smart , hard working people and they can't find that in deep red areas...
9 of the top 10 fastest-growing economies (by GDP and job growth) are hard Republican states. Washington is the only exception, and it's because we in "Silicon Valley North" only needs to be slightly less libtarted than California to siphon off tens of thousands of jobs!

Old 07-18-2018, 05:13 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,904,772 times
There has always been the rural poor, and, people in city ghettos with benefits dependency. So...

Old 07-18-2018, 05:22 PM

609 posts, read 302,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
The irony of you pointing it out is the purpose of a second HQ is so they aren't at the mercy of Seattle liberalism!

Old 07-18-2018, 05:23 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,040,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Rural areas have low population density. This means a smaller sample size. Smaller sample sizes are more likely to end up at the extreme end of the bell curve. Rural areas also have more unmeasured income from farming. My grandfather’s farm left him with little need to buy groceries.
Yeah, I met a rancher once and asked him his monthly income....in today's dollars it was around $500.

He then smiled and said...you do understand that my entire life is a business expense.

Old 07-18-2018, 05:27 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,117,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HedgeYourInvestments View Post
Name one right-wing policy idea that is supported by well-researched facts.
There are none. Just like there are no left-wing policy ideas that are supported by well-researched facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies