Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 07:19 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,063 times

Advertisements

Trump Derangement Syndrome?! This gay, interracial couple has suffered, in that our liberal neighbors have disowned us because we support Trump.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:23 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Over 3,000 people were killed on 9/11. How many Americans has the Russian government killed within U.S. borders? Orders of magnitude of difference.

Unless my property rights and/or income are violated it is a nothing burger.
Strangers dying does not “personally affect” me. That was your question. If you want to reframe your question to argue that any act is a nothingburger unless it results in Americans dying within US borders or personally affects one’s property rights or income, why don’t you post that question using your government subsidized electricity infrastructure on a government-created internet that uses fiberoptics (that were only made economically sensible by restricted competition) on your computer that utilizes taxpayer funded research using language you learned at a government-funded school, Mr. Anarcho-Capitalist?

Last edited by TEPLimey; 07-18-2018 at 07:35 PM..

Old 07-18-2018, 07:23 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,597,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Trump Derangement Syndrome?! This gay, interracial couple has suffered, in that our liberal neighbors have disowned us because we support Trump.
Ok. Im sure they can take solace in the fact that some conservstives will sell them a gay themed cake. Oh wait

Old 07-18-2018, 07:25 PM

30,137 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Ok, great. So I guess we are done here. Those of us who feel diferent can continue to be concerned.

Its fine to be concerned with the future and the direction of the country. I am. I don't think its fine to obsess over it to the point of affecting your physical or mental health which seems to be the case for a lot of democrats as it was for GOP when Obama won. You have to go out there and enjoy life. I take a kayak out on a lake near me everyday for an hour. Its very therapeutic for me. Life is very short and stressing over things you have no control over is not the best way to use your time in my opinion.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:25 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,063 times
Quote:
Ok. Im sure they can take solace in the fact that some conservstives will sell them a gay themed cake. Oh wait
You're watching too much Rachel!

Old 07-18-2018, 07:28 PM

30,137 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Pretty low threshold for behavior, I'm not impacted by the Russians shooting down an airliner or annexing Crimea so I have to give them a pass.

That seems to be Trump's take on those events.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:34 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,544 times
Quote:
The environment of the nation in which you live is still greatly affected by team blue or red. Your causes, which I share a love of, in my way is laudable. Neither party is great. But I invite you to vote blue because on issues of the environemnt in which countless animals live is much more benefecial in team blue.
Anarcho-capitalists don't really care about big business destroying the environment because it doesn't personally affect them in overtly tangible ways. You don't instantly know if inhaling poison will lead to lung cancer so it doesn't register on the idiotic "non-aggression" scale.

Of course, the "non-aggression" utopia will be shattered the first time someone violates it and chaos reigns because people realize that the strong can kill and steal from the weak without reprisal because of the absence of a system of laws or means to enforce them evenhandedly.

Fortunately for the anarcho-capitalists, they won't have to worry about aggression from big business because the idea of a corporate entity that shields an individual's liability is a governmental fiction that will cease to exist, thus allowing people to claim recourse against the business owners, managers, and employees for any subjectively perceived transgression that violates the non-agression pact, which will result the near-term destruction of economies of scale, and thus the entire modern economy that has progressed since the days before the formation of the East India Company.

If you want to live in a lawless agrarian hovel without the benefit of infrastructure or creature comforts like running (nevermind clean) water, the internet and heat, there is no need to demand that the US resort to anarcho-capitalism. You can just move to outer regions in Papua New Guinea where less than 19% of the indigent people living there have a toilet. Go on, be a leader.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:49 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,117,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Strangers dying does not “personally affect” me. That was your question. If you want to reframe your question to argue that any act is a nothingburger unless it results in Americans dying within US borders or personally affects one’s property rights or income, why don’t you post that question using your government subsidized electricity infrastructure on a government-created internet that uses fiberoptics (that were only made economically sensible by restricted competition) on your computer that utilizes taxpayer funded research using language you learned at a government-funded school, Mr. Anarcho-Capitalist?
Okay--I'll bite. 9/11 personally affected me in these ways:

-A new government agency was created and was given leeway to sexually violate air travelers, regulate shampoo bottle sizes, make people take off their shoes in the airport, rummage through our private belongings, and steal thousands upon thousands of items of personal property.

-A new government agency was created with an ominously Third Riech-sounding name and was given carte blanche to disregard nearly every principle upon which this country was founded.

-A government agency that had existed for 60 years was given MASSIVE new powers to snoop on our phone calls, emails, texts, and to collect our personal, private data.

-Two massive wars were launched almost simultaneously, without cause, and have U.S. income theft victims about $5.6 trillion. The average cost per income theft victim is about $23,000 each.

p.s. Electricity infrastructure would be cheaper without government subsidies--just like college tuition and healthcare. The internet would also have been cheaper to design and build without government interference. I have also learned far more post government school than I ever did in it.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Its fine to be concerned with the future and the direction of the country. I am. I don't think its fine to obsess over it to the point of affecting your physical or mental health which seems to be the case for a lot of democrats as it was for GOP when Obama won. You have to go out there and enjoy life. I take a kayak out on a lake near me everyday for an hour. Its very therapeutic for me. Life is very short and stressing over things you have no control over is not the best way to use your time in my opinion.
Btw, in NYC there is lots of Kayaking. I have kayaked several times and when putting on the life jacket its filled my back with severe pain in that position. Any tips ? I gave it up. I hike and bike. Life is too short. Enjoy my friend.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Okay--I'll bite. 9/11 personally affected me in these ways:

-A new government agency was created and was given leeway to sexually violate air travelers, regulate shampoo bottle sizes, make people take off their shoes in the airport, rummage through our private belongings, and steal thousands upon thousands of items of personal property.

-A new government agency was created with an ominously Third Riech-sounding name and was given carte blanche to disregard nearly every principle upon which this country was founded.

-A government agency that had existed for 60 years was given MASSIVE new powers to snoop on our phone calls, emails, texts, and to collect our personal, private data.

-Two massive wars were launched almost simultaneously, without cause, and have U.S. income theft victims about $5.6 trillion. The average cost per income theft victim is about $23,000 each.

p.s. Electricity infrastructure would be cheaper without government subsidies--just like college tuition and healthcare. The internet would also have been cheaper to design and build without government interference. I have also learned far more post government school than I ever did in it.
Should we not care about animals being abused cause it doesnt affect. Our income ?

Last edited by bxlover; 07-18-2018 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: Typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies