Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 09:47 PM

16,078 posts, read 10,744,030 times

Advertisements

I don't think Pence has any strong investment in continuing Trump's ridiculous policies because he has his own ridiculous policies to pursue. In some ways he would be worse because he thinks he is God's agent in government and he knows what God wants. (Trump thinks he is God.) The Bible thumpers will be happy but Trumpers will see him as a traitor on many issues. If Trump survives the first term I think he will dump Pence if he runs in 2020. They are not friendly and Trump wanted to dump him in 2016. Pence's only shot at being President is to get Trump out of office before 2020.

A Pence regime would probably be less theatrical than Trump's but would not get much done in the short time it would exist.

After Trump, the deluge -- all Trumpers will be discredited for a decade or more and Pence will have to distance himself if he can. I suppose he could be a university president at Liberty or some other Bible thumper school. The GOP will disown everything Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 09:50 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
Isn't Pence automatic if Trump is impeached, or dies, or gets too sick?
If Trump is impeached, it would depend on whether or not Pence was involved in whatever got Trump impeached.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Mike is an unknown quantity, and, while he will certainly be EXTREMELY conservative, he, at least to me, seems a lot more rational and sane than the current buffoon in charge. I don't think Pence will go off the rails , like his current boss, and probably be a lot more sensitive to our foreign allies and others around the world.

I can not say I dislike Mike. Yes, he would love to push his religious agenda, ie abortion, gays, etc, but I would take those in a heartbeat over the insane, counter productive methodology of the 5 year old who is hidden in that fat, 70 year old body.

I would take ANYONE at this point to see Donald Trump back in that gold plated penthouse in NYC, and out of our lives forever.
Nah. Look to how he ran Indiana.

I do not agree with him politically, but I’d support him taking over immediately.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
He'd lose almost every Trump supporter, hence no chance until 2024.
But, he would not lose every Republican and he would definitely gain some who refused to vote for Clinton or Trump, including some independents.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:55 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
There, I tweaked that a little for you.

Nope - and only an a$$ would do what you did. America and Americans can only hope that Pence will continue the great work started by PRESIDENT Trump.

You need to loosen up that pu$&y hat a bit - it is cutting of blood flow to your brain

Old 07-18-2018, 10:09 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
He would have several large vats installed around the WH to hold the snakes so that he can handle and stroke them while he preys every night.
Equating Pence with snake handlers. I think that's a little unfair. To the snake handlers that is.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:17 PM

923 posts, read 494,964 times
You'll get a chance to find out in six years due to term limits.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:24 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Nope - and only an a$$ would do what you did. America and Americans can only hope that Pence will continue the great work started by PRESIDENT Trump.

You need to loosen up that pu$&y hat a bit - it is cutting of blood flow to your brain
What has been Trumps greated accomplishments. Oh adding to the deficit where the rich prevailed

Old 07-18-2018, 10:26 PM

923 posts, read 494,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What has been Trumps greated accomplishments.

Keeping Hillary from becoming president; anything else is pure gravy.

Old 07-18-2018, 11:12 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
The reason Pence was put on the ballot, was to make it unlikely that Trump would be impeached. He was on the way to being defeated after his first term as governor of Indiana and his political career would have been over. So he jumped at the chance to stay in the game. For a stuffed-shirt like him to become president, would be an atrocity of a very different type than Trump being in office, but it might be just as bad. He would extend the current kakistocracy more than any other possible successor (a government with the very least qualified and honorable of its citizens, becoming its leaders).

The so-called "Freedom Caucus" in the House would try to use him to foist arch-conservative and evangelical agendas on the country. He's simple-minded enough to think his having entered the Presidency through the back door, was a mandate for him to carry-out such things. Let's just hope that there's not enough time left for him to take office and stack the Supreme Court, before his party is ejected from power, by the fall elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies