Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 10:46 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the Russians started their interference program in 2014 for this last election... they don't care who is in charge, they want to interrupt the success of the USA, and first hacked the RNC,
Not so. The Russians hated the tough stance (sanctions) of the previous administration. They hated both Kerry and Clinton and wanted “their people” in foreign policy. I read a story yesterday that they actually vetoed Trump’s first choice (Romney) for SOS so Tillerson, who Trump had never met, was installed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 10:48 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
A good read of a lot of what was going on and why Putin hates Hilary can be done here. This isn't just Russia wants to F#$% with us just b/c. There are some roots to all of this.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8...lped-trump-win
They hated Hillary enough to give her $145,000,000 Million dollars Nice story Bro. All documented

Old 07-19-2018, 10:49 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Trump being puitn's buddy or being blackmailed by him is getting very tiresome and reflects badly on democrats.
And WHOM does exhibiting more loyalty towards Putin than your own administration's intelligence community reflect badly on other than Trump?

Old 07-19-2018, 10:51 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Not so. The Russians hated the tough stance (sanctions) of the previous administration. They hated both Kerry and Clinton and wanted “their people” in foreign policy. I read a story yesterday that they actually vetoed Trump’s first choice (Romney) for SOS so Tillerson, who Trump had never met, was installed.
wrong

they started BEFORE Trump was even a candidate, they loved Bill Clinton and paid him 100's of millions, but cackling hitlery did the "Gun running" through Benghazi to oust Assad, and that is what turned the Russians off of the Clintons

501 posts, read 303,428 times
I support President Trump. This is my stance on Russia:

Russia is an authoritarian state. The election process in it has been hopelessly compromised. Its media is mostly state-run. Political opposition is harassed by the state all the time. There is constant anti-Western propaganda and xenophobia is being instilled in the people by the state-run media. Russia positions itself quite often in opposition to the US and the West in general. And the annexation of Crimea, its activities in helping the Ukrainian separatists and its actions in Georgia are to be and should have been opposed much more strongly than they were, by Obama and by Trump.

Why are you asking?

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Of course, I forgot to mention the other ridiculous viewpoint, that there are only two options for dealing with Russia: beg for forgiveness, or start a nuclear war.
It's an interesting response. Seems to be common the last week.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:54 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
What is the conservative stance on Russia?

Russia would be just another country.

Trade opportunities - investment opportunities.

The only problem is they abrogated some important border agreements with their neighbors and they don't want us to interfere in their aggression, so they tried to influence American politics through various means including spies, a disinformation campaign and hacking. It also looks like they may have been funding political groups in violation of our law.

Republicans before Trump would have been aghast at any of this. The Republican 2016 party platform had THIS PLANK*, before Trump's campaign forced it out.

* “Today, the post-Cold War ideal of a ‘Europe whole and free’ is being severely tested by Russia’s ongoing military aggression in Ukraine ... The Ukrainian people deserve our admiration and support in their struggle.”

Trump didn't like that.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:55 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
I think Russia is a crumbling society. Suicides are up, drug use up, their economy flounders, 20 million live below the poverty line... yeah, doesn't paint a bright and shiny picture. Now all that , and the country still has the largest nuclear arsenal in the world.
I think it would be wise for our country to at least keep a watchful eye on them , keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Nothing worse than a country that has nothing to lose and having the largest nuclear arsenal. Just my opinion.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:59 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
They hated Hillary enough to give her $145,000,000 Million dollars Nice story Bro. All documented
I think it's a little bit more complicated than Russia just writing a check to Hilary for $145,000,000 all in one go. It's the details of when this transpired and all who were involved that no ones cares to look into. I'm not defending the Clinton's at all but it isn't as simple as the conservative media always makes it seem.

Also my point was about when Hilary pissed off Putin and what effects of what she said had on him which made him want Trump in the WH, or so they say.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:59 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Of course, I forgot to mention the other ridiculous viewpoint, that there are only two options for dealing with Russia: beg for forgiveness, or start a nuclear war.

Oh right, so you post a another thread about Russia ,to add to the hundreds of threads about Russia ,and you are trying to position yourself as the voice of moderation...

Its real simple. Russia does not deserve the attention they are getting because they are not a first class power on the world stage. All sane people want is the end to the derangement. Russia cannot control the US, and if it could, then we have far more to worry about from the rest of the world. A state like India that could flood our social media with lots of IT savvy English speakers . Hey, maybe they are even behind the US going on a gold standard so that they could buy half the country with their jewelry. . That would be a far more credible threat than Russia.

I think our immune system is aware of Russia. Meanwhile Israel ,China and Saudi can clean their boots on our dining room floor and no one bats an eye lash.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 07-19-2018 at 11:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies