Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 08:15 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Last words of 10 year old as she died in mother’s arms after being shot in the chest by four masked men in crime-infested DC.

Makiyah Wilson's mom reveals her daughter's last words | Daily Mail Online

Why are Dems attacking our great President for nothing while kids are being gunned down in their own Dem-ruled cities? Why are they going after legal gun owners while reducing sentences and enforcement for violent crimes? Serious questions Dems. Why are you passing laws to let killers of kids like this basically go free while accusing Trump of “treason” for not staring a war with Russia?

I've seen some stretches in my life, but this one takes the cake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2018, 08:17 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
[quote=MJJersey;52548205]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post

I just had to evolve. I never cared about race until the media made it the centerpiece of every story for the last 10 years or so.
Post of the day. The media cherrypicks stories to keep people fighting.

The whole carp-fest of news inciting violence??? Zuckerberg needs to criticize the MSM. They do it all the live-long day, race baiting, gender baiting, class baiting ... all day long, inciting violence. If anyone needs to be accused of inciting violence it's the MSM. It's their ENTIRE PLATFORM.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:18 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Yeah, because DC doesn’t have enough gun control laws.
They love to layer on more useless laws to the already law abiding. That way they can think they "did something" even if something is nothing.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:20 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I just have to shake my head at the sad irony of any Obama or Hillary supporter that says they care about children.
Its like saying you're a vegan as you chow down on a cheeseburger and bucket of KFC.

Old 07-20-2018, 09:20 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I just have to shake my head at the sad irony of any Obama or Hillary supporter that says they care about children.
Its like saying you're a vegan as you chow down on a cheeseburger and bucket of KFC.

I know it drives me crazy too.

The bleeding hearts are shedding tears for the poor "migrants" that are flooding the border seeking asylum from abusive men, gangs, cartels and economic problems yet is there a single tear for the poor people that populate the inner cities?

Doesn't a mothers son face the same pressures to join street gangs and turn to a life of crime?

Doesn't a mothers daughter face pressures from gang members to try drugs in exchange for sex and a chance to hang out with the "cool kids" ?

Doesn't a mother face economic issues otherwise she would move out of that dangerous neighborhood where her family faces a daily threat of robbery, mugging, harassment by gangs and addicts and a chance of catching a stray bullet?

Where can these people seek their asylum?

What is really sad is that this 10 year old girls death will not be used as a rallying cry to get tough on criminals but her name will be added to the list of statistics of gun violence and serve as an example that guns should be banned from the law abiding.

Old 07-20-2018, 09:50 AM

590 posts, read 555,051 times
Losing the 10-year old child is sickening, and I'm sure her mother has to suffer the agony of losing her child for the rest of her life.

Old 07-20-2018, 09:54 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
There is another topic right now on a Dem CA law that will allow violent crimals to go free if they take a diversion class.
And that is heading for a monumental, epic fail.

But it’s California, they won’t learn from results.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:06 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
We could get shirts made like this.....and sell them to both parties.
I agree. This stuff is getting out of hand, on both sides. I thought this would be about the actual shooting, but it turned out to be about gun control and some people wanting to abolish prisons. I guess that’s why it was posted in POC instead of Current Events? At any rate, I don’t believe people are going to want this to go unpunished.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:17 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Poor girl. The issue with gun violence affects all political parties, obviously.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:30 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
[quote=newtovenice;52551037]
Quote:

Post of the day. The media cherrypicks stories to keep people fighting.

The whole carp-fest of news inciting violence??? Zuckerberg needs to criticize the MSM. They do it all the live-long day, race baiting, gender baiting, class baiting ... all day long, inciting violence. If anyone needs to be accused of inciting violence it's the MSM. It's their ENTIRE PLATFORM.
How so? Give specific logical factual links of this supposed claim that the news incites violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies