Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2018, 10:24 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Those old white republican men are jealous and envious of the trump cheaters. That's why they support him. Trumps Playboy bunny farm puts him on a pedestal. Media should stop talking about thus stuff. That's what elevates him. Focus should be on the crimes.
No doubt some of this is in there......

His "base" are this mixture of many very small groups....from women who believe they are subservient to guys who wish they had a harem....add in all the other types (I want free money, I want to pollute more, I want more for my defense contracting factory, etc.) and it's not hard to get to 40%.

A country steeped in selfishness...that actually honors it "Greed is Good" and "Sink or Swim" is not likely to succeed in the longer run.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:28 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Gavin Newsom (Kimberly's first husband, the Lt. Governor of California, and current candidate for Governor of California) is almost like an additional son to Composer/Philanthropist/Investor/Oil Heir Gordon Getty. Gavin's father (retired judge William Newsom) and Gordon Getty are very close friends (they have been friends since both prepped at SI (my late father, and many of the men on that side of my family...also SI alums), and Gordon lived with the Newsom family while at SI). Bill Newsom helped Gordon get control of the Sarah C. Getty Trust after J. Paul Getty died. Gordon and Ann Getty hosted Kimberly and Gavin's wedding reception at their house in San Francisco. At the time, some referred to Gavin and Kimberly as 'The New Kennedys'.
So her ambition is completely bi-partisan.

Fascinating.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:29 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Liberals should get their idol Harvey Weinstein to make a movie about this it's so important.

Maybe Al Franken could play Trump Jr in parody.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Maybe Al Franken could play Trump Jr in parody.
Be a comedian doing comedy - get thrown out of Government.

Be a perv grabbing puzzies regularly, cheating, bullying, committing cons, etc....and be celebrated by 10's of millions!

You couldn't make this stuff up. It's as if people never watched Sesame Street "which of these things is not like the other"...currently called

whataboutism
and
false equivalency....

A slap is not the same as carving someone with a knife.

Etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

UNLESS one doesn't apply logic or reason.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:09 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
And that tweet bought Don Jr.'s wife enough $$$ from the Trump's to be able to pay her bills!
Leftists just can't keep up

Vanessa Trump is an Heiress in her own right - in fact her recent inheritance might have had something to do with the timing of HER filing for divorce after a long troubled marriage.

Vanessa Trump is a marinara sauce heiress |Page 6, New York Post

Old 07-21-2018, 11:18 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Kimberly Guilfoyle, a Fox News host and Junior's mistress, is leaving Fox News to join Junior on the 2018 campaign trail. They can talk about family values. Junior's wife Vanessa filed for an uncontested divorce this year, but Junior changed his mind and is contesting it.
I guess you haven't yet realized that Trump does not represent traditional Republican 'family values.' Wow, are you slow.

I'd think this would count as a plus for your side, the party of Clinton, Weiner, Weinstein, Jesse Jackson, etc. Not to mention Kimberly's ex, Gavin Newsom, who boinked his campaign manager's wife while running for SF mayor. At least Don Jr. appears to do 'em one at a time. Maybe he could be an honorary Democrat.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Leftists just can't keep up

Vanessa Trump is an Heiress in her own right - in fact her recent inheritance might have had something to do with the timing of HER filing for divorce after a long troubled marriage.

Vanessa Trump is a marinara sauce heiress |Page 6, New York Post
We need to educate you about NYC values.

Her mom bought a slum for 6 or 7 million in NYC.

If your apartment doesn't cost at least 20 million, you are a nobody. I know of a complete nobody (you would have never heard of) whose apt there is north of 20 Mil - in addition to other homes.

There is money....to you...and money to them. It's sort of like those Texans from a generation back - they talked only in "units", a unit being 100 million.

So if she doesn't have that or multiple of that, it's nothing. We'd need to know if she has any siblings, how many, if her dad left to charity and much more to know if she is "NYC rich"......

There was a great article during the Recession about how many women were complaining to their hubbies because they were only worth 20-30 million after the crash.

These are the people many think really care about the "forgotten man" in the hearthland. Amazing.

In this case, it appears Junior Trump wants some of that sauce money. He can probably file personal bankruptcy and convince the court to award something to him.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:30 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,317,781 times
Not sure where the Republican Party has run on family values since the 1980s, almost 40 years ago people.

Individuals may vote on their own family values. but I just can't find for the Republican Party. The country has gotten pretty much individualized that I don't think it would work like it did back then.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
Not sure where the Republican Party has run on family values since the 1980s, almost 40 years ago people.

Individuals may vote on their own family values. but I just can't find for the Republican Party. The country has gotten pretty much individualized that I don't think it would work like it did back then.
Hmmmm....I watched and listened to interviews with "family values" folks....from people on the street to the people of the 1000's of orgs that make money from "family values" and they all were toting the company line - even in the election of GW Bush.

I remember distinctly people saying "At least we know he talks to God" - shorthand for we forgive any and all shortcomings he has because he claims "faith".

No, the Christian Right has been up and about right until the present day. In fact, they are more partisan than ever...instead of just using "family values", now they simply tell their flock directly who to vote for. In most cases it is put to them that the other person is Satan or the Anti-Christ. This allows the flock to consider that while they are voting for someone who breaks every one of the commandments many times over, at least it's not a two-headed AntiChrist serpent.

Oh, and guns too. That's a religion closely associated with the same group.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:46 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
We need to educate you about NYC values.

Her mom bought a slum for 6 or 7 million in NYC.

If your apartment doesn't cost at least 20 million, you are a nobody. I know of a complete nobody (you would have never heard of) whose apt there is north of 20 Mil - in addition to other homes.

There is money....to you...and money to them. It's sort of like those Texans from a generation back - they talked only in "units", a unit being 100 million.

So if she doesn't have that or multiple of that, it's nothing. We'd need to know if she has any siblings, how many, if her dad left to charity and much more to know if she is "NYC rich"......

There was a great article during the Recession about how many women were complaining to their hubbies because they were only worth 20-30 million after the crash.

These are the people many think really care about the "forgotten man" in the hearthland. Amazing.

In this case, it appears Junior Trump wants some of that sauce money. He can probably file personal bankruptcy and convince the court to award something to him.
Poor woman.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...31540625_zpid/

Fifth Ave., fully renovated with wrap around terraces across from Central Park. It’s lovely and perhaps she’s not so insecure so she doesn’t need to be showy like your friend.

Last edited by shadowne; 07-21-2018 at 11:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies