Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2018, 03:26 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,846,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'm of one mind on this: She done good! He's lucky he didn't get a good swift kick in the

A-M-E-N! I'm all for E-V-E-R-Y female being trained in self defense and carrying a taser, as well!

Old 07-21-2018, 03:33 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
The guy is wrong. I don’t know anyone who would do such a thing. What a creep. He is lucky she didn’t know karate. Some people have to learn the hard way. He’s one of them.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:38 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,366,655 times
Good for her … he got what he deserved … but ..

I can't help but wonder …

If the genders had been reversed, what would have been the outcome?

Old 07-21-2018, 03:49 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,950,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I'm older than dirt. I was in the work force in the 60s and 70s when women were treated like they are shown on the TV show Mad Men. I'd been shoved up against walls and groped more times than I can count, and raped a couple of times. I was in the front lines literally fighting to get laws passed against sexual harassment in the work place that her generation benefits from today. So thank you very much but I don't your lecture on what kind of treatment "she probably had been getting for years." I have bras older than that girl was and I still say her reaction was out of proportion for what he did and it could have gotten her in a world of trouble if he'd gotten hurt. That's my opinion. You don't have to like it but then I don't like yours either so we're even.
Thanks for clarifying where your POV comes from, and I'm not at all surprised by it. So because you had to smile, keep on acting "like a lady" and endure it in your day, my generation and younger must do the same? I don't think so, and thankfully neither does this woman.

Would you still say she went too far had he gone further and put his hand on or in her privates?

And she is not the 1st to have done this. I remember reading another story exactly like this a year or so ago; the guy was in tears, he was so embarrassed.

https://www.distractify.com/trending...o-harrased-her

Oh, and another one:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dis...er-beat-up-guy

Last edited by ContraPagan; 07-21-2018 at 03:58 AM..

Old 07-21-2018, 03:58 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
A fine. That never occured to you? lol The public shaming of a married man with kids worked fairly well too.
The sexual assault meme is a bit overdone in this case. It really cheapens the charge on the ones who do get physically assaulted in a bad way. This one is low on the list.
Yes it occurred to me, but I didn't want to prompt you.

I actually agree with you on a fine, a fairly hefty one, let's say in the $1000 range for a first offense. Second offense, let's say 3 days in jail and a $2000 fine and on up with each offense and after a certain amount of offenses they go on the sex registry.

I don't think an offense like this one should put a man [or woman] on the sex registry right off the bat.

If they continue to offend after several incidents, that signals a dangerous lack of control that could escalate into more serious offenses so going on the sex registry at that point is fair, IMO. They had more than fair warning that such behavior is a crime and will not be tolerated.

Shaming isn't good enough because some people have no shame and not every incident would get a smack down on video or get the same amount of exposure.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Not really. Have you ever worried about those kind of advances escalating into an actual rape somewhere down the road?

Women do.
Plus look at all the comments on those threads about female teachers boffing male students: "boy, where was SHE when I was that age???" But if the sexes are reversed, "put that pervert UNDER rhe jail!!!!"

Old 07-21-2018, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
So it's okay if a black man gets hit for staring at a white woman? You'd be okay with that, right? It's your sense of justice at the time that matters and not the rights of the individual.

It's never about me. It's about the act and not retaliating when there is no threat. The sooner we the people discover what rights are, the better off we'll be.
IOW, no, you wouldn't step in and deal with a man who grabs your woman's rear end.

Wow.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:20 AM

24,625 posts, read 9,454,674 times
I never understood why men do this. Is it a power/insecure thing? Is it overcompensation for a lack of endowment?

You never ever put your hands on a woman. Let a lone a complete stranger, let a lone on her buttocks.

Only billionaires like Donald Trump can do that (just joking).

Old 07-21-2018, 05:14 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
That a**hole got what was coming to him, especially the www fame.

That's out there forever.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:19 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I'm of two minds on this one. At first I was thinking good for her for confronting the guy and humiliating him. He definitely had it coming. But then she calls the cops on him and he ends up going to jail over it. I think that takes it too far. Slamming him to the ground and humiliating him is a punishment that fits the crime. Throwing him in jail is going overboard. That butt grab was not a life altering moment for the waitress, some simple public humiliation should suffice.

Customer in Savannah grabs a waitress's backside so she tackles him | Daily Mail Online
"That butt grab was not a life altering moment for the waitress,"

How do you KNOW?

So you are OK with groping?

Sick, VERY sick!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies