Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 06:23 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,877,477 times

Advertisements

Reagan. Reagan was a man who could command an audience. His opponents disagreed with him, but both liked and respected him.
He had Charm, he had class and he spoke above a third grade level. He and his VP were the last presidents we had that made any real attempt to represent all of the people.
Clinton wasn't terrible, he just wasn't great at it. I'll even give him a nod.
GWB was manipulated and used by his VP and others. Nice man, but completely out of his depth.
Obama the great divider, the my way or the highway president.
Trump has a lot in common with Obama. Arrogant, an ego the size of Alaska. and a complete disregard for anyone who doesn't 100% agree with him. Obama was a far better speaker, but Obama had no issue making bad deals for America as long as he thought it would make him popular in the world.
Reagan was far and above more of a peoples President than Trump. He also knew how to talk to foreign leaders and our allies. I miss Reagan style leaders.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:26 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Reagan has principles and guts. Trump is a sycophant puppet and coward. There's the difference.
He had the "guts" to give amnesty to millions of Mexicans and to have his administration support death squads that murdered 1000's in Central America. Guts to go behind our backs and trade arms with a sworn enemy, Iran.....

Gut in that more members of his admin were indicted than any before or after (I think Trump will beat that)...

To think that people approve of this is pretty amazing. It just shows how bad "normal" has gotten.

He was an actor- Hollyweird and all. But present Trumpies wouldn't have liked him because he believed Russia was the evil empire...NK also. He didn't brag about those types of people being great and strong and nice.

Again, only with Trump being so horrible can people then relate and call a Hollyweird actor who made his government fame by being a snitch (turned in fellow actors for "anti-american" worldviews) a "great"....

I wonder if current republicans or conservatives would call a POTUS that gave millions Amnesty...someone with cajones?? I think not, but I could be wrong. So far the definition of "great" seems to be anything Trump does - no matter how much against reason or the Constitution.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:31 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Looking back, the two guys are very similar. And knowing now about MK Ultra and Bush 41's very shady past, maybe Reagan's near assassination wasn't the work of a lone crazy. Especially troubling is the current political climate in DC. Trump should be watchful. I'm sure he now has insurance so the deep state will be loathe to try anything, but we are reaching a point where they may tip their hands and make a full on move against the country and take the risk.
Not sure what you are saying, but isn't it quite a coincidence that the dead are folks quite far onto the progressive curve like JFK, MLK and RFK? Seems strange.....

Old 07-21-2018, 06:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Trump. By a long shot.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:37 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,388,956 times
Trumps has gonads but regan had class, but ones a business man ones a politician , one has a train skilled with education behind it and ones a actor that can read a script

Old 07-21-2018, 06:39 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Reagan. Reagan was a man who could command an audience. His opponents disagreed with him, but both liked and respected him.
He had Charm, he had class and he spoke above a third grade level. He and his VP were the last presidents we had that made any real attempt to represent all of the people.
Clinton wasn't terrible, he just wasn't great at it. I'll even give him a nod.
GWB was manipulated and used by his VP and others. Nice man, but completely out of his depth.
Obama the great divider, the my way or the highway president.
Trump has a lot in common with Obama. Arrogant, an ego the size of Alaska. and a complete disregard for anyone who doesn't 100% agree with him. Obama was a far better speaker, but Obama had no issue making bad deals for America as long as he thought it would make him popular in the world.
Reagan was far and above more of a peoples President than Trump. He also knew how to talk to foreign leaders and our allies. I miss Reagan style leaders.
Spoken like a true Never-Trumper RINO! Max Boot, George Will, Bill Kristol - globalist warmongering "republicans" are your style, I'd bet.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:39 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
Reagan was a Republican and a gentleman. Trump is posing as a Republican and the most uncouth, disgusting lying treasonous traitor there could be. Can't compare them to each other! And, I was not a fan of Reagan.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:40 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
Trumps has gonads but regan had class, but ones a business man ones a politician , one has a train skilled with education behind it and ones a actor that can read a script
Trump's sister is a Federal Judge. Trump went to Wharton.

Nothing but idiots coming out of that family, it appears.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:43 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,656,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I too disagreed with many of Reagan's policies but the man had three things Trump will never have: Cojones when needed, Civility, and Class.
......and a head of real hair.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:44 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,656,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Trump. By a long shot.
LOL, no, no ...not close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies