Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 04:21 PM

18,432 posts, read 15,184,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Oh yeah, that’s what’s happening, oh wait, you’re just killing them.

Americans have a manifest destiny complex, we think we have a right to do as we will (slaughter civilians, destroy homes, etc.), same as in the trail of tears.

When we invade Afghanistan, Yemen, Somalia, Niger, Iraq, Syria, Cambodia, Vietnam, etc. it is are moral right and we are never the terrorists.

Same with Israel, they have a moral right to destroy Lebanon, they have a moral right to kill Palestinians, this is taken for granted.

How pathetic.
I’m killing them? I don’t even own a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 04:23 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,400,865 times
These are the people you claim are destined to control both the West Bank and Gaza through forced deportations (something you all agree with since the trail of tears). It is your nature to see yourselves are morally superior to the people you oppress and butcher.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.jpost...Law-564628/amp

Old 08-11-2018, 04:24 PM

7,302 posts, read 3,384,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Just to put the land mass of Arab and Muslim-majority counties in perspective (from which, by the way, nearly 1 million Jews were expelled, their property stolen), here's a map. There's plenty of room for the Palestinians in Jordan.

Political Map of Saudi Arabia, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen - Atlapedia® Online
What Russian property did the Jewish created and led communists steal?

Were the Jews okay with German plans to relocate them? Yes or no?
Where was there "plenty of room" for Jews outside of Europe in WWII? Did they willingly go?
What was the Jewish opinion of German detention of Jews in open air camps? Was it just or unjust?
Did the Jews in WWII agree with the German declaration of an ethnostate? Yes or no?
What was their response then and now?

Don't expect to have history two ways.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I’m killing them? I don’t even own a gun.
You support there killing and hope for forced deportation. That is pathetic.

Though as an American you see it as your right to determine the future of everyone else, a future where the state is in control.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:31 PM

18,432 posts, read 15,184,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
You support there killing and hope for forced deportation. That is pathetic.

Though as an American you see it as your right to determine the future of everyone else, a future where the state is in control.
I would prefer no killing at all. I would prefer if the Palestinians accepted one of the multiple offers of a country of their own, and that they lived side by side without bothering each other. But the Palestinians had something else in mind. I support Israel defending itself, and to You, that is supporting killing. But that is your problem, not mine.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I would prefer no killing at all. I would prefer if the Palestinians accepted one of the multiple offers of a country of their own, and that they lived side by side without bothering each other. But the Palestinians had something else in mind. I support Israel defending itself, and to You, that is supporting killing. But that is your problem, not mine.
Your wrong, the Israelis have no right to kill Palestinians as they see fit.

As for peace treaties, that is laughable: you have no conception of how your country works, you find these peace treaties as fair? https://www.alternet.org/world/choms...complete-farce

Admit it, all you care about is that Israel remains a power in the Middle East to pursue US interests, you don’t care about the rights or lives of other people, because like always, you are morally superior to everyone else.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:46 PM

8,490 posts, read 3,310,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
The major problem here is that there is no such thing as "Palestinians". Keep playing make believe all you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The problem is the above statement is not factual. The term is often used as short-hand for Palestinian Arabs because of their forced displacement.
Not that familiar with international law ... but the issue of who holds title to specific land should, in theory, be separate from actions taken by so-called "Palestinian" authorities (much less those of sovereign nations like Egypt) - particularly, if the argument is that there is no Palestinian state. Some Palestinians probably were free-holders; others no doubt were tenant-farmers with the title held by Arabs in other states.

Many of the Palestinian refugees were just that - refugees who anticipated they would be able to return "home" once fighting died down. The "Law of Return" is one of the essential points of disagreement, and one where Israel will never capitulate. They simply cannot, because of the demographic time bomb.

The Middle East is simply a place where one picks sides, with "rightness" and "wrongness" pretty hard to come by.

Americans, by and large, have picked Israel.

Just the way it is.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:57 PM

57,060 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Not that familiar with international law ... but the issue of who holds title to specific land should, in theory, be separate from actions taken by so-called "Palestinian" authorities (much less those of sovereign nations like Egypt) - particularly, if the argument is that there is no Palestinian state. Some Palestinians probably were free-holders; others no doubt were tenant-farmers with the title held by Arabs in other states.

Many of the Palestinian refugees were just that - refugees who anticipated they would be able to return "home" once fighting died down. The "Law of Return" is one of the essential points of disagreement, and one where Israel will never capitulate. They simply cannot, because of the demographic time bomb.

The Middle East is simply a place where one picks sides, with "rightness" and "wrongness" pretty hard to come by.

Americans, by and large, have picked Israel.

Just the way it is.
When you speak of a demographic time bomb are you referring to Israel or Palestine.

Old 08-11-2018, 05:16 PM

8,490 posts, read 3,310,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
When you speak of a demographic time bomb are you referring to Israel or Palestine.
The birthrate among Palestinians is much higher than among Israelis. Those who did not flee were given Israeli citizenship. The ones who did (in some cases, because of disinformation spread by Israelis) languished in the refugee camps.

As in many things in life, it's complicated. The Arab world chose not to incorporate the Palestinians - in part to fan the flames but also because that population was potentially destabilizing. Certainly, that was the case for the Jordanian monarchy with the Jordanian-PLO Civil War of 1970. And then also for Lebanon.

If Syria has taught anything it should be that the Arab world is not monolithic. Palestinians really had no natural home - and the generations raised in the camps are ripe for terrorist-recruitment.

I don't really see a bad guy here. Rather, every "side" has fought at times ruthlessly for its own benefit. For example, I have little doubt that Israelis deliberately attacked US forces - bombing the USS Liberty (a spy ship during the 6 day war) killing US sailors.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

From how defensive Israelis get about that incident, my take is that it's pretty much a given that it wasn't an "accident."

We chose to support Israel along the way for various reasons, and while no doubt the US has paid a higher price than may have been initially anticipated it is what it is.

For the record, I'm "pro-Israeli" but simply don't sugarcoat the history of it.

Old 08-12-2018, 05:16 AM

57,060 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
The birthrate among Palestinians is much higher than among Israelis. Those who did not flee were given Israeli citizenship. The ones who did (in some cases, because of disinformation spread by Israelis) languished in the refugee camps.

As in many things in life, it's complicated. The Arab world chose not to incorporate the Palestinians - in part to fan the flames but also because that population was potentially destabilizing. Certainly, that was the case for the Jordanian monarchy with the Jordanian-PLO Civil War of 1970. And then also for Lebanon.

If Syria has taught anything it should be that the Arab world is not monolithic. Palestinians really had no natural home - and the generations raised in the camps are ripe for terrorist-recruitment.

I don't really see a bad guy here. Rather, every "side" has fought at times ruthlessly for its own benefit. For example, I have little doubt that Israelis deliberately attacked US forces - bombing the USS Liberty (a spy ship during the 6 day war) killing US sailors.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

From how defensive Israelis get about that incident, my take is that it's pretty much a given that it wasn't an "accident."

We chose to support Israel along the way for various reasons, and while no doubt the US has paid a higher price than may have been initially anticipated it is what it is.

For the record, I'm "pro-Israeli" but simply don't sugarcoat the history of it.
Interesting points, there is also going to be changes in Israel when they become a majority Arab.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies