Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2018, 06:16 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
No. You are just SCARED. The situation SCARES YOU. You put yourself in the situation of the shooter and not the person being shot. F'ck the law. Slavery was the law....but was immoral. Law has little to do with morality. People get pushed every dam day without it resulting in death. I am tired of every confrontation being viewed as a threat to ones life. The guy PUSHED the other guy. He did not throw a punch. He could have done far greater damage by throwing a hard punch to the guys temple. He had the size and power to do that....but did not. He did not use his MOST physical lethal force. On the other hand, the shooter did not have to shoot the guy....he DID use his most lethal force.

I am tired of the "feared for my life" defense. You know how many killings in the inner city could be argued to be "feared for my life"? Yet, people just look at those killings as if the people are savages. If someone told me they were going to kill me and I believed them because of their reputation if I see them and kill them first....out of fear for my life....how is that morally different?
You're so good at writing fiction you shouldn't waste your time writing it for us. See if you can write a book and get it published instead. Better use of your time and you won't be hijacking every thread with your fantasies.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:19 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,877,477 times
Quote:
You are just happy that the black guy got killed and that is the bottom line. You are fed up with crime statistics concerning blacks. You are tired of being scared and feeling like no one is doing anything about it. You empathize with the shooter because you also would like to speak up about people breaking rules or laws.....especially if people of color. You don't do so because you are SCARED that it might provoke a confrontation and YOU will get hurt. This is why you support the shooter. He is like a HERO to you. The other persons life has no value to you. He is just a "thing" a "statistical probability" of being violent, not a loving parent, a low IQ, living off the system type parasite. One less drain on your tax dollar.
Wow you got all that from that post?
What I got was you assault someone and you might get more than you bargained for.
I have known people who complained after starting a fight that the other guy didn't fight fair. The fact that they threw the first punch is lost upon them. The other guy knew karate and didn't warn him. Yeah for real...

It is a shame a man died. Worse still in front of his little boy. No child should ever witness that. The shooter was knocked to the ground (slammed according to the police) by the man who was shot. That man committed the first violent act, the shooter finished it. All of it should have and could have been avoided if the first people in the wrong had simply 1. parked legally or 2. Once confronted moved to one of the many open spaces..
Situation resolved, no one hurt, no one assaulted. No one shot.

Others will argue that the shooter should have minded his own business. LOL They say that until they need someone to be a witness for them. Or to call the police when they need help or report a crime against them.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:29 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Wow you got all that from that post?
What I got was you assault someone and you might get more than you bargained for.
I have known people who complained after starting a fight that the other guy didn't fight fair. The fact that they threw the first punch is lost upon them. The other guy knew karate and didn't warn him. Yeah for real...

It is a shame a man died. Worse still in front of his little boy. No child should ever witness that. The shooter was knocked to the ground (slammed according to the police) by the man who was shot. That man committed the first violent act, the shooter finished it. All of it should have and could have been avoided if the first people in the wrong had simply 1. parked legally or 2. Once confronted moved to one of the many open spaces..
Situation resolved, no one hurt, no one assaulted. No one shot.

Others will argue that the shooter should have minded his own business. LOL They say that until they need someone to be a witness for them. Or to call the police when they need help or report a crime against them.

You saw the video I assumed. Why do you feel the need to note that the police refereed to it as a "slam to the ground". That is sensationalism if you ask me, to pull emotions to one side. I am aware of a "body slam"....but never heard of a "push slam". He was either pushed or slammed. Slammed evoke different emotions than pushed, which seem to have been the intentions of the police. Again, the pushes power is a function of the strength to weight ratio and the pusher was a bigger stronger guy. A punch to the face from the bigger stronger guy would have done far greater damage and obviously the shooting victim made the CHOICE to push the guy as opposed to punching the guy, which tells me he had no intention of doing great bodily harm.

The shooter should do prison time....at the very least as the moral consequence of his act, but the draconian law allows it to be legal.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:39 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
You saw the video I assumed. Why do you feel the need to note that the police refereed to it as a "slam to the ground". That is sensationalism if you ask me, to pull emotions to one side. I am aware of a "body slam"....but never heard of a "push slam". He was either pushed or slammed. Slammed evoke different emotions than pushed, which seem to have been the intentions of the police. Again, the pushes power is a function of the strength to weight ratio and the pusher was a bigger stronger guy. A punch to the face from the bigger stronger guy would have done far greater damage and obviously the shooting victim made the CHOICE to push the guy as opposed to punching the guy, which tells me he had no intention of doing great bodily harm.

The shooter should do prison time....at the very least as the moral consequence of his act, but the draconian law allows it to be legal.
Ignorance of the law is no excuse. If you live in a SYG State know the law. That would mean you can't assault someone without the possibility of getting ventilated. Is it THAT hard to figure out?

Old 07-24-2018, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're so good at writing fiction you shouldn't waste your time writing it for us. See if you can write a book and get it published instead. Better use of your time and you won't be hijacking every thread with your fantasies.

The thing is.....the only person who would know that it is fiction is the person who it was directed at. I based my PROFILE of this person on the many peoples post I have read on this forum who are obsessed with black crime statistics and how its not racism, but the behavior of blacks, that warrant blacks be feared as suspects. You cannot divorce that from people analysis of this situation. Especially that of a white conservative.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:40 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,978 times
I wonder how different this thread would be if the woman shot the man who confronted her about the parking space. Or how there is the very natural reaction to someone probably confronting your wife/girlfriend. Maybe he felt his wife was being threatened, so he took action. But he didn't have a gun. So he pushed the guy.

How different would the conversation be if the victim shot the guy outright? "My wife felt threatened. And I felt threatened that his man would do us harm, so I shot him." He'd be in jail. For the same crime.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ignorance of the law is no excuse. If you live in a SYG State know the law. That would mean you can't assault someone without the possibility of getting ventilated. Is it THAT hard to figure out?

I am not down my law....I am down by morals. Obviously you cannot defend your loved ones either.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
I wonder how different this thread would be if the woman shot the man who confronted her about the parking space. Or how there is the very natural reaction to someone probably confronting your wife/girlfriend. Maybe he felt his wife was being threatened, so he took action. But he didn't have a gun. So he pushed the guy.

How different would the conversation be if the victim shot the guy outright? "My wife felt threatened. And I felt threatened that his man would do us harm, so I shot him." He'd be in jail. For the same crime.

Absolutely. People are divorcing themselves of the possibility that the shooting victim was simply trying to defend his girl friend and family. Keep in mind again that the shooting victim made a conscious choice to PUSH instead of PUNCH. That is not insignificant in understanding his intentions. However, note that it is not about HIS fears or HIS intentions.....just that of the shooters. Stereotypes are being used to judge the shooting victim and family.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:44 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL I'm with the Floridians when Stand Your Ground cases get national coverage they all say the same thing
"Don't like it? Don't move down here then, you loud mouth Yankee carpet baggers."
Unfortunately, Florida is 100% reliant on those carpet baggers....without them they would go bankrupt.

THEY made the decision to be the Wild West of Real Estate and allow people to be fleeced, etc.

You can't have it both ways. Even Rick Scott instituted a bunch of gun control laws immediately after Parkland.

So, talk to the Gov and the legislators (mostly real estate developers) about your plans to stop other people from coming to FL...

BTW, many have already canceled vacations and even going there - not due to guns, but due to another "lack of regulation" - that is, the pesky red tide and algae problems that are destroying fishing, waterfront enjoyment AND air. Now that is a pollution Red States can get behind...a three-fer!

Old 07-24-2018, 06:46 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
The thing is.....the only person who would know that it is fiction is the person who it was directed at. I based my PROFILE of this person on the many peoples post I have read on this forum who are obsessed with black crime statistics and how its not racism, but the behavior of blacks, that warrant blacks be feared as suspects. You cannot divorce that from people analysis of this situation. Especially that of a white conservative.
I'm a moderate Democrat, if the *white conservative* is directed toward me.

You always want to bring race into every discussion because you're obsessed with white people, and what we think and what we post. You lump all white people together and insist white folks are afraid of black folks. That's a fantasy of yours. It seems abnormal, and that's the nicest way I can say it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies