Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2018, 02:43 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terr View Post
According to the FBI statistics, twice as many people are killed by "hands, fists, feet, etc” as are killed by rifles.
Rifles, eh? That doesn't look cherry-picked at all.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:44 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Mark O'Mara, the lawyer who got Zimmerman off the hook, weighted in on this, saying the Sheriff is only covering his own rear taking this to the State Attorney's office. O'Mara says the 3-4 second pause, with the pusher backing away could mean deadly force was not justified, because the guy was not in life threatening danger.

He must have been watching a slow motion replay, it wasn't 3-4 seconds.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:45 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Rifles, eh? That doesn't look cherry-picked at all.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:46 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Well if 'we know this", please provide a link to such factual information, because I have not read anything to indicate it.

I'd also point out how there is no indication he was looking for a fight from the video in this instance, so your link had better be compelling to be believed.

`
Why should others do your work for you? There are quite a few articles and reports about Drejka looking for fights. You've chosen to ignore and disbelieve them.

No.need for others to waste time posting links which YOU don't want to read.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
White guy knocked to the ground by black guy.....black guy, surprisingly, does not take the opportunity to kill the guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=69R4md69GxM

If the white guy had a CCL and pulled it....he would have said to have reasonable fear for his life. After all....it was a BIG BLACK GUY. White guy on the ground....no stomping and kicking followed. This is probably how the Florida incident would have turned out if the white guy did not have a gun.....

Probably? If you're the one on the ground, you gonna bet your health and life on probably?

And there's big differences, in the Taco Bell the guy knocked down was a participant, he faced off with the black guy and he attempted to throw his own punches in return.

And the really big difference, it appears the white guy made the first contact. While standing at the counter, the black guy put his arm out appearing to point at him and the white guy forcibly swatted it aside.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:53 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
As a Gun owner i have to chime in. This dude was 100% looking to cause trouble imo. The last thing any gun owner wants to do is take a life when it's not necessary. If you're going to ccw at lease learn some De-escalating Skills before you carry
I've followed this guy on Youtube for a long time and i Agree with him on this one.

1:53 mark on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TBXz2_o0KM

Old 07-24-2018, 02:54 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
I saw the video.

The way the man reacted for being told off about a handicapped space (the driver was flat out wrong), he deserved it.

...and before someone says it, because somebody is definitely going to bring up race, if the guy who shoved the man to ground was white, he would've still had it coming.

However there are guys who start talkin' **** hoping this will happen, so they have an excuse to shoot people... so it isn't always cut-and-dry as this appears.
You say someone definitely will, and thankfully this thread went a long time without race ever being mentioned.
I don't see how race plays any part in this, as if the exact same thing happened in two white or black people, no one wouldn't think it had anything to do with it.
This incident was over someone being parked illegally in a handicapped spot, and the violent attack by the assailant. I don't know why he attacked the guy, but I doubt race had anything to do with it.

With the hypocrisy of liberals, I'd bet the ones who might be thinking race played a role this time, it wouldn't even cross their minds if the assailant was white and the victim black.

`

Old 07-24-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Imagine this situation:

You walk into the store with your son. You hear some commotion going on outside but you dont think anything of it. You hear your wife/GF outside screaming and yelling, so you rush outside to see whats going on and you see a man in your wife/GF face arguing with her.

Most people would:
A. Yell "hey stop, sir"
B. Observe and watch.
C. Confront and push the guy away.

I'll say A, followed by C if there isn't immediate compliance.

In the video, the dead guy did B, then C. Because it took him 5-10 seconds to reach the guy from the front door, that's 5-10 seconds in which the shooter might have pulled a gun and shot the gf.

Old 07-24-2018, 03:07 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
As I said, cherry-picked. Why do you think Terr decided to introduce rifles to a discussion that has nothing to do with rifles at all? Perhaps because the figure for handguns makes the exact opposite point?

I swear, this place... But thanks for providing he supporting documentation.

Old 07-24-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
As I said, cherry-picked. Why do you think Terr decided to introduce rifles to a discussion that has nothing to do with rifles at all? Perhaps because the figure for handguns makes the exact opposite point?

I swear, this place... But thanks for providing he supporting documentation.

Or perhaps because the point was not to say that fists and feet kill more than handguns, or even a tenth of that, but simply that they kill more than most people might imagine. I would be if you asked people off the street they would say more are killed by rifles than fists/feet, or that more are killed by shotguns than fists/feet, and would be surprised to know that fists/feet kill more people than rifles and shotguns combined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies