Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 10:19 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,788 times

Advertisements

Otherwise clean record... NOT.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:02 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I started to say you need to reread the thread, but that would mean you've read it already and I'm not sure you have. If you had, you would have seen that many, many people already made both the points you made above starting pretty much when this incident made the news.
The thread is over 2000 posts long. I would not be surprised if people have made similar statements before. The points I was making in my post had to do with what people's initial reaction were (probably back to posts under #500 or so. And the narrative changed when he got charged for his actions. And it will likely change again given that he has a track history of instigating issues like this (as per that CNN report).

He's a real winner. So here's a guy that brandishes his gun at people after he's presented the bird because he beeps at people driving the speed limit in a school zone. He's also the guy that honks his horn at another driver for not blowing a red light and then brandishes his gun to make the other driver not confront him***. He also is reported to have brake-checked people.

Yeah, have fun defending this guy. He's out LOOKING for trouble. I know the SYG people would love to have a hero to put on the podium - but this isn't your man. This guy is going around stirring up trouble and backing it up with a gun.

*** I've actually had that happen to me. Guy rear-ended my car while in heavy traffic. Minor damage to my car, none to his. He just sat in his car ignoring me. I came over and knocked on the window (not slammed, just knocked) - and he opened his coat and showed that he had a gun and pointed at me and then pointed at my car as if to say "get back in your car."

For some people, owning a gun is a trump card. I don't know what he would have done had I had a gun too.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:26 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
Otherwise clean record... NOT.
Has he shot other people who have assaulted him or something?

Old 08-15-2018, 06:53 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Has he shot other people who have assaulted him or something?
Oh. So anyone who hasn't murdered someone has a clean record. Hmmm
You've set a new standard for background checks.

Look, you can twist the facts however you need to in order to make yourself feel better. Doesn't change anything.

Bye. <click>

Old 08-15-2018, 06:58 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:

Look, you can twist the facts however you need to in order to make yourself feel better. Doesn't change anything.

Bye. <click>

I haven't wanted to use it against him, but the guy who was shot seemed to have had more incidents on his record than the shooter did.

I can't imagine why you've ignored that point.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:34 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:

Bye. <click>

That's all you can do, as some people cannot be reasoned with. The ignore list is an essential tool.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:39 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
You all keep pointing out that the dead guy was backing away when he got shot, but you never mention that the shooter was 4-5 feet away from the girlfriend, in her car, and he was standing still when he was assaulted from behind. There was plenty of room for the pusher to instead move between the shooter and the car, and the gun might never have come out of the pocket.
Everyone involved coulda, shoulda acted differently. The fact that Mr. M was moving backward when Mr. D shot him, in and of itself, would justify the indictment.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:23 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,700,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Everyone involved coulda, shoulda acted differently. The fact that Mr. M was moving backward when Mr. D shot him, in and of itself, would justify the indictment.
I think that sums up the prior 2000+ posts succinctly. All parties could have done something differently (not parked in a handicapped zone, Drekja could have made his point and moved on to the store, McGlockton could not have shoved the man). Whether all those extenuating circumstances are included or not, the fact of the matter is, Drejka shot a retreating man.

I don't see how Stand Your Ground is going to apply here. I know the gun rights people will harp on about it, but it shouldn't matter how many incidents McGlockton was involved in. It isn't like Drejka would have known that before. The same way McGlockton wasn't aware that Drejka seeks out trouble. In the end, it boils down to Drejka shooting a retreating man. He didn't need to "Stand His Ground."

Drejka got knocked to the ground and his ego was bruised more than his posterior was. The only solution Drejka had was to discharge his firearm into another person who was no longer a threat.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:28 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
I think that sums up the prior 2000+ posts succinctly. All parties could have done something differently (not parked in a handicapped zone, Drekja could have made his point and moved on to the store, McGlockton could not have shoved the man). Whether all those extenuating circumstances are included or not, the fact of the matter is, Drejka shot a retreating man.

I don't see how Stand Your Ground is going to apply here. I know the gun rights people will harp on about it, but it shouldn't matter how many incidents McGlockton was involved in. It isn't like Drejka would have known that before. The same way McGlockton wasn't aware that Drejka seeks out trouble. In the end, it boils down to Drejka shooting a retreating man. He didn't need to "Stand His Ground."

Drejka got knocked to the ground and his ego was bruised more than his posterior was. The only solution Drejka had was to discharge his firearm into another person who was no longer a threat.
This is the fantasy of many of the gun nuts on this forum. The majority are small fragile angry men who have nothing to live for other than the thrill that comes out of waiting for the inevitable day that they will get to shoot someone who crosses their path. It is obvious who they are here. "I will defend myself till the death against anyone threatens me.." is posted daily by the same fools. Who is threatening them? In Drejka's case who was just waiting for that one person to get physical with him. It was inevitably going to happen.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:37 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
This is the fantasy of many of the gun nuts on this forum. The majority are small fragile angry men who have nothing to live for other than the thrill that comes out of waiting for the inevitable day that they will get to shoot someone who crosses their path. It is obvious who they are here. "I will defend myself till the death against anyone threatens me.." is posted daily by the same fools. Who is threatening them? In Drejka's case who was just waiting for that one person to get physical with him. It was inevitably going to happen.
This is the type of response from the emotional, irrational ones who don't care about facts. They aren't men who act against an attacker. Instead they hide behind their unwillingness to protect themselves because they are used to others running their lives for them. These are the ones who will record a beating but don't have the backbone to get involved and stop it.

How in the world does anyone defend that piece of garbage McGlockton who not only parked in a handicapped spot, the very ones we as individuals are supposed to stand up for, he also attacks a person over words. Words! And the absolutely childish way the ones in here make up how Drejka looks for trouble is nothing more than a deflection from the actual incident.

Does anyone here think that McGlockton would have pushed Drejka if Drejka was 6'6" and 280 pounds? Of course not. McGlockton is nothing more than a gutless bully. Is it a shame he payed for it with his life? Of course it is. The bigger shame is how he wasn't raised correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies