Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2018, 08:39 PM

501 posts, read 303,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Where did you get that information?
One source

Another source

Third source

Old 08-17-2018, 08:47 PM

16,578 posts, read 8,596,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
Prosecutors say Drejka initiated the confrontation. They're right.

Some people are tripping all over themselves looking for someone to blame other than Michael Drejka.

Blame the woman who parked in handicap spot.
Blame the owners of the store for having a business in that location.
Blame it on the Bossa Nova.

One person is to blame for the death of McGlockton: Michael Drejka. He shot him.
ABSURD

The victim did not start the confrontation, it was instead the assailant when he physically attacked the victim, thereby breaking the law and starting the confrontation.
I, you, or anyone has the right to speak to other people and express our pleasure or displeasure with them. Telling a able-bodied woman she has no business/right to park in a space reserved for handicapped people is not breaking any law, and is not a confrontation.
The woman's BF sucker pushed the victim, thereby starting the confrontation.
While I do not believe the victim should have shot the assailant, your post has everything backwards. The primary person to blame for the assailants death is himself. Had he conducted himself in a lawful and civilized manner, he'd likely be alive today, and we would have never heard about this incident.

`

Old 08-17-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Notice Terr dodged all my simple questions. Instead went off on irrelevant tangents. Typical.

One thing is certain---->> Drejka has a criminal record NOW.
WT?

The victim will only have a criminal record if he is convicted of whatever he is being charged with. Therefore he does not presently have a criminal record.
Sounds to me like you have an emotion based view, having convicted him prior to a trial.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:08 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,052,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
ABSURD

The victim did not start the confrontation, it was instead the assailant when he physically attacked the victim, thereby breaking the law and starting the confrontation.
I, you, or anyone has the right to speak to other people and express our pleasure or displeasure with them. Telling a able-bodied woman she has no business/right to park in a space reserved for handicapped people is not breaking any law, and is not a confrontation.
The woman's BF sucker pushed the victim, thereby starting the confrontation.
While I do not believe the victim should have shot the assailant, your post has everything backwards. The primary person to blame for the assailants death is himself. Had he conducted himself in a lawful and civilized manner, he'd likely be alive today, and we would have never heard about this incident.

`
No one needs to carry a gun looking for a fight which he did. He could have just minded his own business which most of us do unless we feel someone is in danger. And don't blame the victim for thinking this guy was a threat to his family and shoving him away from them. His little kids were in the car.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:33 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,345,880 times
Michael Drejka initiated the confrontation. He was yelling, cursing, and gesturing...so violently that witnesses became concerned and alerted McGlockton.

So don't give me that poor old man being a good citizen BS.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No one needs to carry a gun looking for a fight which he did. He could have just minded his own business which most of us do unless we feel someone is in danger. And don't blame the victim for thinking this guy was a threat to his family and shoving him away from them. His little kids were in the car.
Not this again. Yes, his little kids were in the car, and get to watch daddy physically attack another adult and commit a crime.
Great lesson to teach the kids.

Would you really expect or want your husband to blindside someone like the assailant did in this situation?
You obviously see what it could potentially lead to.
Lets say the victim smashed his head on the concrete, developed a brain bleed and died. Wouldn't that be a stupid way for your husband to ruin all your lives?

As an FYI, a decent amount of people object to regular folks abusing the handicapped parking spaces.
While I initially try to be pleasant in pointing out how they should move, things have on occasion gotten heated.
I don't look for trouble, but I will not shy away from it if the person gets aggressive with me. Fortunately when it has happened, most people will get back into their car and move. I then give them a thumbs up or a wink. Sometimes I get a nice response, others have shot me the finger, and it isn't their thumb.
The point being that I would not expect some jerk to try and cowardly blindside me for asking someone to move out of a restricted space.

Why some of you all don't understand this is beyond me, unless you just are too afraid to get involved on behalf of those people who cannot stand up for themselves.

`

Old 08-18-2018, 08:24 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,181 times
If you watch the video, Dreijka seems calm talking to the GF. You see him say a few words then point to all the empty spaces just a few feet over that she could have parked in. The reason he became heated was this GF idiotic response:
"I didn't do nuthin' wrong, I can park where I want!" If she had been even half a humun and less of a self entitled pea brain, she would have realized that Dreijka was right and that she could end up with a $200 ticket and moved the f'g car. This would have turned this into a non event.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:47 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,411 times
World Class Shover shoves his way to the center of the photo event.

He stood his ground. (NATO)

He can eat flak like it's candy.

He might fire NATO if it doesn't pay its debt.

What a bunch a sorry debtors!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4otCS3FJxas

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 08-18-2018 at 08:59 AM..

Old 08-18-2018, 11:51 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,345,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
If you watch the video, Dreijka seems calm talking to the GF. You see him say a few words then point to all the empty spaces just a few feet over that she could have parked in. The reason he became heated was this GF idiotic response:
"I didn't do nuthin' wrong, I can park where I want!" If she had been even half a humun and less of a self entitled pea brain, she would have realized that Dreijka was right and that she could end up with a $200 ticket and moved the f'g car. This would have turned this into a non event.
You have no clue what GF said, if anything.
Drejka was not calm. He was yelling & cursing so loud that witnesses alerted McGlockton.

Old 08-18-2018, 12:07 PM

501 posts, read 303,336 times
Quote:
You have no clue what GF said, if anything.
Drejka was not calm. He was yelling & cursing so loud that witnesses alerted McGlockton.
Not being calm is not a crime. Yelling is not a crime. Cursing, however loud, is not a crime.

Shoving someone to the ground is a crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies