Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2018, 10:31 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
We can only speculate what was in the man's mind as he was lying crumpled on the ground with a deranged, violent individual over him.
TOTAL BS!

The shooter waited at least five or ten seconds before he killed the man. Plenty of time to change his mind.

Plenty of time to realize the man was NOT coming after him.

As a matter of fact, the man moved AWAY from him.

And he was not deranged or violent, nor was he standing over him. That's fantasy.

I swear, it's like some people get enormous vicarious pleasure in these stories. It's what they dream of doing, I'm sure, but don't have the guts to do it.

Deplorable!

Old 07-22-2018, 10:37 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuterion View Post
So if the Cops wouldn’t have been able to do anything about it WTF was he gonna do about it? NOTHING! He should have minded his own business, sitting lecturing them was not going to change anything. People need to learn how to go about their own day...something this trivial ended up in a father being killed in front of his kids. It’s a travesty...

The Supreme Court has already ruled, cops are not there to settle your war, nor do they have to.
They are only there, to take names and cart off the casualties in the aftermath.

Don't start a war, you are not planning to give your life for.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
The people bringing race into this story are irrelevant. Just because some racists are happy at the end result doesn't mean we should needlessly subject a man through the stress and financial burden of a capital crime legal defense.
Oh, heaven forbid he has any repercussions from murdering someone!

Now a family of three children just had their father and co-breadwinner murdered.

I wonder how that will affect that family now that there is only one breadwinner?

But, let's not think about that...

Old 07-22-2018, 10:42 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
I'm not sure why it had to play out that way? Why not warn the guy that he has a gun first before shooting him?

Obviously the guy who died should not have pushed the guy who shot him...but why so quick to pull the trigger?

I'll never understand this way of thinking.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Saying the word welfare is being racist or refers to one race?

Homeboy means close friend and used by the less educated in all races.
Yes, you know very well that is exactly what using the word 'welfare' implies. If the woman had been white, Rakin would not have made that assumption.

I doubt the poster who used the word 'homeboy' is a close friend of the man who was murdered. So, if not, what else does that word mean? Why would he use that word?

Because it's a buzz-word. Because it's a dog-whistle to all the other racists out there. They think they're being clever but they're not even close to being clever.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:48 AM

241 posts, read 143,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Oh, heaven forbid he has any repercussions from murdering someone!

Now a family of three children just had their father and co-breadwinner murdered.

I wonder how that will affect that family now that there is only one breadwinner?

But, let's not think about that...
Well mom becomes sole breadwinner, mom forced to move in the worst part of town cuz that’s all she can afford, mom is at work when kids get out of school, she can’t sign them up for after school programs because the schools in her neighborhood are underfunded, kids end up being influenced by the remnant populations of decades of underinvestment due to redlining and white flight, kids get locked up, get a record, and can’t get a job....citydata posters bad mouth kids and say they should have made better choices and need to pull themselves up by their boot straps.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:49 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Yes, you know very well that is exactly what using the word 'welfare' implies. If the woman had been white, Rakin would not have made that assumption.

I doubt the poster who used the word 'homeboy' is a close friend of the man who was murdered. So, if not, what else does that word mean? Why would he use that word?

Because it's a buzz-word. Because it's a dog-whistle to all the other racists out there. They think they're being clever but they're not even close to being clever.
Why because you said so? lol

Just another poster who can't discuss the issue so it's time to falsely play the race card.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:49 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I live in Florida and it is definitely a cesspool. It is full of crazy rednecks in MAGA hats and vicious old White Wing people.

The very fact that the shooter was hassling and confronting total strangers in a parking lot over a relatively minor matter, plus carrying a gun in the middle of the day, shows he was another George Zimmerman---some kind of over-wraught good-for-nothing, looking to "police" other people over next to nothing, and always looking for a fight. A total loser. I hope he ends up getting charged and locked up for life. Our society does not need people like him.
Sounds like you need a go fund me page to get you outta there!!
Even I got property in the sticks to get away from the liberal cesspool in the city, where there are so many gullible incapable people with more money that sense and willing to part with it, it's called a job.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:50 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuterion View Post
Well mom becomes sole breadwinner, mom forced to move in the worst part of town cuz that’s all she can afford, mom is at work when kids get out of school, she can’t sign them up for after school programs because the schools in her neighborhood are underfunded, kids end up being influenced by the remnant populations of decades of underinvestment due to redlining and white flight, kids get locked up, get a record, and can’t get a job....citydata posters bad mouth kids and say they should have made better choices and need to pull themselves up by their boot straps.
I think you mean bad mouth the mothers? It's the men who deserve to be bad mouthed. I don't think there is anything sleazier than abandoning your children. Over whelmingly it's men who do that. But why raise your kids when government will, right?

Old 07-22-2018, 10:51 AM

2,362 posts, read 778,305 times
Quote:
TOTAL BS!

The shooter waited at least five or ten seconds before he killed the man.
No he didn't. Everything happened within a couple of seconds.

Quote:
And he was not deranged or violent,
Yes he was. He came out of nowhere and shoved an unsuspecting older individual half his size to the ground. He then proceeded to encroach until the man pulled out his gun. Why you're dying on the hill of defending some thug is on your conscious and your conscious alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies