Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2018, 10:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I've lived in both CA and FL. I'd take FL over CA any day. First of all, it's a LOT cleaner. The air is cleaner, the streets are cleaner, the water is a lot cleaner, and a very pretty blue. Second of all, it's cheaper to live there and you get more for less while still living near the ocean. The property taxes are nowhere near what they are in CA, even in crappy parts of CA. Third, it's way more interesting.

Wait a minute? My dads side of the family is all over Florida. That is where he was born and raised in Polk County/Lakeland.
The water maybe "cleaner" but you have to hold your nose to drink it!!!
Sulfur Water... Peeeee UUUUU

Old 07-22-2018, 10:52 AM

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I'm not sure why it had to play out that way? Why not warn the guy that he has a gun first before shooting him?

Obviously the guy who died should not have pushed the guy who shot him...but why so quick to pull the trigger?

I'll never understand this way of thinking.
Because brandishing is illegal. In Florida, either a situation merits deadly force (in which case you can pull your gun and use it) or it doesn't. If it doesn't, you cannot pull your gun and give a warning. That's a felony.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:55 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Don't you know?

When multiple posters discretely bring race into the discussion, you know.

Rakin: she's probably on welfare

Urban Adventurer: 'homeboy' deserved to get capped

etc.

We know the dog whistles. We know the buzz-words.

So do you.
Yeah, but the dog whistle is used by both white and black posters and if you ignore that fact, then you also have an agenda.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:56 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I've lived in both CA and FL. I'd take FL over CA any day. First of all, it's a LOT cleaner. The air is cleaner, the streets are cleaner, the water is a lot cleaner, and a very pretty blue. Second of all, it's cheaper to live there and you get more for less while still living near the ocean. The property taxes are nowhere near what they are in CA, even in crappy parts of CA. Third, it's way more interesting.

In the summer, it's very hot, all day, all night. However, most people go from their air conditioned home to their air conditioned car to their air conditioned office, so they don't get the real feel like those who work outside. (The last job I had, I worked outside...brutal in the summer.) But November through April....beautiful. Far better than CA.

As for politics, a co-worker asked me to join him for a Tea Party protest. I went along because I'd never done such a thing, and I took a ton of photos, talked to a lot of people. Didn't see a single "redneck" there. Most of them were Cuban. But leave it to the left to screech about "rednecks" when any redneck I ever met was a Democrat in FL. (My co-workers at the job outside were total rednecks, and they were all lefties.)

Once you get out of Miami, FL is actually pretty nice. I would never live in Miami again if someone paid me to. The incessant honking of the horns and jaw dropping incivility was enough. Go north, or even to Key West, everything changes. People are way nicer once you get out of Miami.

Also, the pedos in FL..maybe there's not more than any other state, but it seems like there are.

But, at least in FL, you don't have to run and hide somewhere and hope the police arrive in time if you're being attacked or your house is getting broken into lest you get some extremely liberal jury who live in an alternate reality where no bad guy has a gun or would hurt/kill anyone. Stand your ground means you stand your ground...you don't have to run and hide. You stand up and protect yourself against the attack.

Does that mean you think it's okay to shoot someone who shoves you because you were berating their wife ?

Old 07-22-2018, 10:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
So, everyone is supposed to just lay down for a bully because it might have a gun?

Sounds like an NRA wet dream.

Bully? That little handicapped guy threatened to kick someone ass? If you don't move that car, I'm going to shoot you? Naw, she was being drown in her own selfishness.

If words telling you how you are wrong and how you are wrong to even argue it is bulling, I'd hate to see what physical action is?
Ever here the phrase, "**** off". Then getting in the car and leaving?????

Old 07-22-2018, 11:00 AM

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Does that mean you think it's okay to shoot someone who shoves you because you were berating their wife ?
In this case the wife deserved to be 'berated.' And the person is allowed to use deadly force to prevent themselves from being assaulted.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:04 AM

1,066 posts, read 629,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
In this case the wife deserved to be 'berated.' And the person is allowed to use deadly force to prevent themselves from being assaulted.

Correct. She was in the wrong, and he confronted her. If she was in a regular parking spot there would of been zero need to be harassed. Stupid is as stupid does, acting like she wasn't in wrong is ridiculous. Its not illegal to call people out on their wrong doings. I actually see people do things often, I personally saw a guy throw trash down in a parking lot and I was like "pick that **** up" and he came over and shoved me, punched him in face and broke his nose.

Anyway long story short. it was self defense and I got no trouble over it. (the infantryman) in myself doesn't tolerate bs. Had he pulled a gun on me, I would of shot him. I meet with equal force. If I was old, I wouldn't of punched, I would of shot him. I think thats something a lot of you posters are not reading, he was an old man half his size. He shot him to make up for that difference in force. He cannot fight him, and hes been assaulted.

I wish more of you people would stick up for the right things and call people out for their bad actions, and not let **** people get away with **** things. Our nation becoming a cesspool with degenerates in our new generation.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:05 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
TOTAL BS!

The shooter waited at least five or ten seconds before he killed the man. Plenty of time to change his mind.

Plenty of time to realize the man was NOT coming after him.

As a matter of fact, the man moved AWAY from him.

And he was not deranged or violent, nor was he standing over him. That's fantasy.

I swear, it's like some people get enormous vicarious pleasure in these stories. It's what they dream of doing, I'm sure, but don't have the guts to do it.

Deplorable!

Yes -

He was not hit - he was shoved. There was no blow, there was no closed fists and the man (dead now) was not even standing over him. The shooter was (is) a self-righteous vigilante wanna-be who has now killed a father (not a criminal) over illegal parking.

That is the reality of the situation.

Most FL Legislators probably never envisioned that Stand Your Ground would be used by gun toting citizens patrolling for handicap parking violators.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:06 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Wait a minute? My dads side of the family is all over Florida. That is where he was born and raised in Polk County/Lakeland.
The water maybe "cleaner" but you have to hold your nose to drink it!!!
Sulfur Water... Peeeee UUUUU
2 fixes for that.
Dig deeper for your well.
Install a filtration system.

I think the deepest well I had dug for an irrigation system or even for house use, was maybe 90 feet? Depends on the area. About 70-90 to get below sulfur/iron. For those with intricate filtration and pump systems, they can go 30-50 feet and so long as they stay on top of their filters they're fine, no odor or staining of driveways/siding.

At 4 feet, when doing fence posts, you're hitting putrid smelling brown water. But that's okay, just dump a bag of concrete stir with a shovel drop the post in allow it to dry then fill it and tamp it.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:08 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why because you said so? lol

Just another poster who can't discuss the issue so it's time to falsely play the race card.
No, not just because I said it. Because there must be a million posts from racists on this forum who push this agenda every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies