Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2018, 01:44 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,528,439 times

Advertisements

I see some posters here totally ignoring the fact that the shooter initiated the verbal argument with the female who was illegaly parked. Some of you posters are acting as if the victim nonchalantly and for no reason what so ever just decided to shove that man to the ground.

What is to say that the shooter didn’t threaten the woman’s life the way he threatened the other person’s life who once parked there illegally according to the store owner.

The shooter is not a figure of authority to enforce parking laws. Nor does he have a right to threaten someone’s life for parking illegaly.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:46 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,508,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I see some posters here totally ignoring the fact that the shooter initiated the verbal argument with the female who was illegaly parked. Some of you posters are acting as if the victim nonchalantly and for no reason what so ever just decided to shove that man to the ground.

What is to say that the shooter didn’t threaten the woman’s life the way he threatened the other person’s life who once parked there illegally according to the store owner.

The shooter is not a figure of authority to enforce parking laws. Nor does he have a right to threaten someone’s life for parking illegaly.
Verbal threats don't justify a shove.

A shove doesn't justify a shooting.

Both took it too far.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:52 PM

2,362 posts, read 770,480 times
Quote:
This is not a thing. The man was perfectly within his legal right to confront someone parked in a handicapped zone. Hell, he could have been cussing them up and down, that still would not give any legal right to the attacker to shove him.

Quote:
You're allowed to confront people over their antisocial behavior. He can't enforce it, he can give them a piece of his mind however. They can't assault him over it. period.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:53 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,451,110 times
[quote=greatblueheron;52571799]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

The deceased IMO was showing no signs of NOT staying violent.

He should have never assaulted him.

------

That's it in a nutshell.

The deceased was backing away when the gun came out. Maybe if the idiot with the gun hadn't had acted like a wanna be parking cop, the guy would still be alive. Next time someone starts an argument with your wife or GF, are you gonna get it the other persons face and stop him or not?

Old 07-22-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
A responsible gun-owner isn't looking for attention... let alone trouble. Good luck being a busy-body in prison
Chances are good he won't be charged. If he's charged, that's mostly due to a media witch hunt, and he will probably be acquitted like Zimmermann was. Nothing is for sure, but the odds are in his favor. Police tend to be quite liberal with arresting/booking so if they don't see it, most probably the state attorney won't either and the jury definitely won't.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:55 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,451,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
This is not a thing. The man was perfectly within his legal right to confront someone parked in a handicapped zone. Hell, he could have been cussing them up and down, that still would not give any legal right to the attacker to shove him.

You're allowed to confront people over their antisocial behavior. He can't enforce it, he can give them a piece of his mind however. They can't assault him over it. period.

And what would you do if someone was yelling and screaming in your SO's face? Would you get in front of the guy and if he got in your face, shove him away?

Old 07-22-2018, 01:56 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,528,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post

And if i’m not mistaken, if you have a CCP you’re not allowed to place yourself in a hostile situation which is what this man did.

At least this is what I was told by my instructor when going for my CCP.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And what would you do if someone was yelling and screaming in your SO's face? Would you get in front of the guy and if he got in your face, shove him away?
I know some of you fancy yourselves as internet tough guys but I'm more intelligent than that. High School for me was decades ago.

I wouldn't shove him unless he shoved my wife. Shoving the man makes me a felon if he decides to press charges. What good does shoving a man get me?

I'd insert myself into the argument. In this case, I'd realize my wife was at fault and repark the car.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:58 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,048,118 times
Quote:
And if i’m not mistaken, if you have a CCP you’re not allowed to place yourself in a hostile situation which is what this man did.

100% agree with your instructor.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:

He was blindsided by the guy. He did not get into a fight and then pull out a gun. Just because you have a CCW doesn't mean you can't call out people's antisocial behavior. You probably should diffuse situations but he wasn't exactly given that chance when that guy decided to blindside him. Was he?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies