Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2018, 03:08 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
When a much younger man shoves someone half his age to the ground, I feel no sorrow for any consequences the younger man faces.

His violent reaction to what should have been a discussion was Thug behavior. The deceased instigated the violence.

When you start physical assaults, you must be prepared for a counter attack.
I'm in the middle. Like I've posted previously, chastising someone doesn't mean you can push the guy and being pushed doesn't mean you should shoot someone.

To me, they were both wrong, but the guy who did the pushing was wrong first. People who claim chastising someone started it must be quick to escalate situations that aren't initially violent.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Nah, it isn’t.
Pretty wimpy of you to post something and then back pedal, but not surprising.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:10 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Pretty wimpy of you to post something and then back pedal, but not surprising.
Shrug, your opinion means zero to me.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:19 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I agree to an extent, but you have to analyze the entire incident.

- Victim comes out of store and sees a man aggressively arguing with his wife face to face.

- Victim has no idea what’s going and shoves the aggressive man in what I assume was an attempt to protect and create separation between shooter and the female.

- Shooter pulls his weapon and aims towards the attacker

- Inital attacker sees weapon and begins to retreat no longer posing a threat to the shooter.

- Shooter pulls trigger and kills man.

This is not a clear cut case of SYG and I predict the shooter will be charged soon.
You may be right.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Shrug, your opinion means zero to me.
Thank you! It always validates me when a poster who is consistently off-base and has a clear agenda, such as yourself, doesn't value my opinion.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:27 PM

5,957 posts, read 2,875,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
The guy who shot that man should have minded his own business about the parking space. He wanted to be a tough guy because he had a gun. Now he has to worry about the victims family going after him.
If he has to fear the family perhaps he had good reason to fear for his life.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:34 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuterion View Post
In California this would be a clear cut and the shooter would be in jail for Manslaughter or some kind of Murder charge. You cannot escalate a situation in this state unless you are in imminent danger...the Stand Your Ground law is trash.
Right, we all know what a pillar of law and order CA is! In CA, anyone caught beating on an old white guy is considered a hero.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:38 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
LOL. That's all. My son is moving to Floriduh from Chicago and I will worry about him ten times more in Floriduh.

So true! The shooter instigated the whole thing - THEN thought he might lose a fight so he took out a gun and killed someone.

Brilliant, Florida. Just brilliant.
Chicago=sh|thole.
Florida=sun, surf, armed old dudes!

Go Florida.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:38 PM

2,362 posts, read 777,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Right, we all know what a pillar of law and order CA is! In CA, anyone caught beating on an old white guy is considered a hero.
In CA they acquitted the illegal immigrant who shot the girl (by accident supposedly). So I'm guessing they'd acquit this individual acting in self defense as well.

Old 07-22-2018, 03:40 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,296,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
He didn't do that. He shoved him and the guy fell down. Maybe a younger guy would not have landed on the ground from that shove.

Stop trying to change the narrative. You're retired now, right? No need to make up excuses.
Well guess what he isn't some young kid. He is a middle aged man. If you don't see it as a violent shove then that's your opinion. I definitely see it as a violent shove. I also believe the shooter is 100% wrong for discharging his firearm. The deceased was walking backwards and the shooter had to have seen that. The shooter should be arrested for what he did. I am not making excuses for anyone. Please stop being triggered for someone who is giving an honest evaluation on what he sees. Lastly I am 100% right when I say the states attorney will have the last say on the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies