Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 05:27 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,401 times

Advertisements

Lots of armchair quartebacks here.
Lessons learned. Dont park in a illegal spot when there are many more Legal spots available.
I feel no sympathy for guy that physically assaulted someone.
Nice shot placement though..
White guy will be harrassed for days to come, but cant be sued thank God.
The Black guy was a 7 time felon, and had a history of aggravated assault and resisting arrest.. State is saving money on him now.
MCGLOCKTON, MARKEIS DEON
DOB: 3/28/1990

6/25/2008 AGGRAVATED BATTERY DOMESTIC, 784.045(1)(/F
6/25/2008 RESISTING ARREST W/VIOLENCE, 843.01/F
6/25/2008 DISORDERLY CONDUCT, 877.03/M
5/5/2009 SALE OF COUNTERFEIT DRUGS, 893.13(1)(A)(1)/F
9/10/2010 POSSESSION OF COCAINE, 893.13(6)(A)/F
9/25/2010 POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBS COCAINE, 893.13(6)(A)/F
9/25/2010 POSSESSION OF COCAINE, 893.13(6)(A)/F
9/25/2010 SALE OR DELIVERY OF COCAINE, 893.13(1)(A)(1)/F
9/25/2010 POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA, 893.13(6)(/M
9/21/2011 PETIT THEFT, 812.014(3)(A)/M
9/21/2011 DRIVING UNREGISTER VEHICLE *NCTC, 320.02(1)/M
9/21/2011 DWLSR *NCTC 1, 322.34(2)(A)/

DWLSR = Driving with License Suspended or Revoked
* NCTC = Non-Cooperative Target Classification

Old 07-23-2018, 05:33 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Exactly. If they review this situation and find the shooter guilty of something, that's fine. But let's not fudge the facts and pretend that the physical assault he engaged in wasn't the reason this guy died. That was the only reason. The shooter had arguments with other people according to the article. Only one of them was shot - based on a physical assault that never should have happened.
That one got me thinking...
Did he really harass and scope people out for parking violations?
Or is this business owner trying to do some sort of damage control to alleviate being sued for some whacky reason by an ambulance chasing lawyer.

Because if that business owners words are true... and the guy really was a menace, and harassed people, why wasn't he trespassed? I'm not so sure I believe the business owner. If someone harassed my customers or employees. I would have them trespassed. Or at least have the police arrive to deal with the guy, and if the guy showed signs of instability in front of the police, they would have Baker acted him and no more firearms for him. There's the flip side of the coin folks don't know about Florida laws.

We have stand your ground, absolutely, and it works. You are not going to be punished for defending yourself as you see fit, whether it's with hands, a knife, a pistol whatever. On the flip side of the coin, demonstrate questionable behavior? You can be Baker acted.

The Baker Act allows for involuntary examination, what some call emergency or involuntary commitment. It can be initiated by judges, law enforcement officials, physicians, or mental health professionals. There must be evidence that the person: possibly has a mental illness as defined in the Baker Act.
(Strange how that scumbag in parkland didn't get Baker acted )

That's if what was said is true about him being menacing or scoping the place out repeatedly...

Old 07-23-2018, 06:02 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Exactly. If they review this situation and find the shooter guilty of something, that's fine. But let's not fudge the facts and pretend that the physical assault he engaged in wasn't the reason this guy died. That was the only reason. The shooter had arguments with other people according to the article. Only one of them was shot - based on a physical assault that never should have happened.
He shoved him. He didn’t punch him. He didn’t shove him on the ground and then jump on him. He pushed him away from him and then started to back away. He did what any MAN would do to someone threatening his wife.

I can’t believe all the people here defending this crap. The man with the gun could have pulled his weapon and told the guy to back off, and I can almost guarantee the guy would have backed off. That man didn’t even take 5 seconds from pulling his gun and then pointing it at him and pulling the trigger.

I do not think stand your ground laws were meant to cover situations like this. If it does cover it, then they need to amend that law. It’s bs, and anyone defending it needs to review that video again and imagine how you’d feel if that were your son or brother or father.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:09 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
That one got me thinking...
Did he really harass and scope people out for parking violations?
Or is this business owner trying to do some sort of damage control to alleviate being sued for some whacky reason by an ambulance chasing lawyer.

Because if that business owners words are true... and the guy really was a menace, and harassed people, why wasn't he trespassed? I'm not so sure I believe the business owner. If someone harassed my customers or employees. I would have them trespassed. Or at least have the police arrive to deal with the guy, and if the guy showed signs of instability in front of the police, they would have Baker acted him and no more firearms for him. There's the flip side of the coin folks don't know about Florida laws.

We have stand your ground, absolutely, and it works. You are not going to be punished for defending yourself as you see fit, whether it's with hands, a knife, a pistol whatever. On the flip side of the coin, demonstrate questionable behavior? You can be Baker acted.

The Baker Act allows for involuntary examination, what some call emergency or involuntary commitment. It can be initiated by judges, law enforcement officials, physicians, or mental health professionals. There must be evidence that the person: possibly has a mental illness as defined in the Baker Act.
(Strange how that scumbag in parkland didn't get Baker acted )

That's if what was said is true about him being menacing or scoping the place out repeatedly...
Good point that the whole thing about him bothering other people could be made up. You're right that if someone is hassling the customers then the police are usually called and he's told not to go back there again. So something doesn't quite make sense about that.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:10 PM

24,632 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

He has threatened to kill people parking on that spot before. They should have taken his gun away at that point, and this needless death would have been avoided, because clearly he would not be playing police if he didn't have his gun.
You’re more than welcome to file a complaint to the Tampa Police

When you break the law, twice, there are consequences.

Why you would defend the actions of illegal parkers and assaults toward older people in front of your own kids is beyond me.

When was the last time you assaulted someone almost 20 years older than you? You do know there are people who will gun you down for assaulting them right? Well I guess some people learn the hard way

Old 07-23-2018, 06:10 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
It's okay to shoot but not to shove?

They need to check ID's at the door on c-d.
Legally, its not ok to initiate-which would make the shove an assault in the criminal justice system.

To counter when you personally feel a threat is protected in Florida via SYG laws,

Old 07-23-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
He shoved him. He didn’t punch him. He didn’t shove him on the ground and then jump on him. He pushed him away from him and then started to back away. He did what any MAN would do to someone threatening his wife.

I can’t believe all the people here defending this crap. The man with the gun could have pulled his weapon and told the guy to back off, and I can almost guarantee the guy would have backed off. That man didn’t even take 5 seconds from pulling his gun and then pointing it at him and pulling the trigger.

I do not think stand your ground laws were meant to cover situations like this. If it does cover it, then they need to amend that law. It’s bs, and anyone defending it needs to review that video again and imagine how you’d feel if that were your son or brother or father.
People have died being shoved. You know that, I'm assuming. Head hits the concrete and that's it.

Shoving someone is physical assault by law.

Look at the video again and you'll see a second guy quickly walking toward them. It's the guy that stood at the door listening before going in. Then the illegal parker came out, trailed by the second guy.

I don't like that the man was shot either, but the shooter was pushed, then the guy started walking toward him again until he saw the guy on the ground reach for something. Only then did he start to back off. So did the second man.

Everything happened so quickly - the adrenaline is going and I can see where the guy who was shoved could feel threatened.

You and I can sit here and say he should have just pointed the gun to see what happens but we're not there in the moment.

And the law, whether we like it or not, is the law.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Legally, its not ok to initiate-which would make the shove an assault in the criminal justice system.

To counter when you personally feel a threat is protected in Florida via SYG laws,
Try telling the dope who posed that question...lol. (I should have indicated I was quoting someone but I generally just ignore that poster.) Who comes up with an argument like that anyway? It's childish.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:19 PM

24,632 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Criminals (illegal parking and assault) must learn how to walk away. Better to have a shot to your pride than a shot to your chest

Hopefully his kids will grow up to learn how to walk away

Old 07-23-2018, 06:21 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies