Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 08:37 PM

78,606 posts, read 60,785,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Old guy? He is 47, lol, about the same age as me. Is that what you call old now days?

Not adding anything, I stated "possibly" inferring I do not know until more evidence comes out.

My way may have ended up with that, but it would not have ended up with me dead like in this story. I rather serve a few years than be dead. But I would leave such things to the jury, you know the whole "rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" thing.

Reality is depending on the situation, did as you stated, or just did a rear choke, bring him to the ground, and detain him while searching and gaining control of his weapon, but that would be an extreme case if I think he was going to be physically violent with me or my wife with no chance to evade.
You have the same mindset as the shooter. Just something you should consider. All it takes is some words and you're all ready to beat the sh*t out of someone and put them in a chokehold.

I'm sure he has the same ready made excuses as yourself about "possibly physically violent" and shares your judged by 12 motto.

Dude, take a long look in the mirror on this one. You started out arguing against the shooter but then explain his very mindset.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:38 PM

34,100 posts, read 17,163,444 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nFtxkJ7ywg

Old 07-23-2018, 08:38 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,595,652 times
I’m a FL resident who moved here from NYC a few years ago. One of the reasons for my move is to escape the insane left wing liberal laws in NYC that benefit criminals rather than law abiding citizens. In NYC you’re not even allowed to defend yourself as a first resort. According to their law, if you’re being attacked, you’re first action is to run, then defend yourself if you have absolutely no other option. Oh, and get this.... You’re only allowed to use equal force to defend yourself if attacked. I recall a case where a man broke into an apartment and the resident defended themself with a bat. Guess what.. the resident got charged with assault for using excessive force to defend themself.

I’m a huge defender of SYG. I don’t believe that anyone should have to retreat if being attacked. I keep a gun at home as well as my car in the event I have to defend myself.

This incident is not a clear cut and dry SYG case though.

- You’re taught when acquiring your CCP that you are NOT allowed to place yourself in any hostile situation that may result in you having to use your weapon. The shooter has a history of engaging in this type of behavior and even threatened to kill someone for illegally parking. Rather than be some sort of parking enforcement vigilante, he should have just phoned the police to report the incident and not engaged in an argument.

- The victim coming out of the store did not just push the man for the sake of pushing him. He came out and witnessed this man engaging in a hostile argument with his S/O. Could he have handled it differently?, perhaps. Given the close proximity that the shooter was to the car and the female, I take it that he wanted to protect and create some distance between the two resulting in the push.

- Once on the floor from the shove, the pusher did not attempt to continue attacking the shooter. He stood still and even RETREATED once the shooter brandished his weapon. At that moment the fear or threat of being attacked further was neutralized eliminating the need to fire off a shot. If you ask me, he shot out of anger and retaliation. Not out of fear for his life.

It will be very interesting to see if the District Attorney decides to file charges.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:39 PM

SYG as written applies to this case.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:40 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,968,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
It is NOT a BS Law... Far from it.
Go live in NY or MA. My sister and a group of her friends were stalked walking to their campus out in springfield MA when she was in college. It was ILLEGAL at the time to be carrying any sort of weapon. I had her and her friends get chlorinated brake clean to keep in their purses. Because Pepper spray was illegal there unless you were law enforcement. Well, 2 of her friends got attacked by a much bigger dude when they split up. They were able to spray the guy in the eyes put his dick in the dirt took the fight right out of him...

If they had pepper spray, that guy they shot in the face, the girls would have been charged if caught...
Turns out the man who had chased them was picked up stumbling around by campus cops. He had quite a resume I mean rap sheet.

It is not a BS law. You have a right to not be physically assaulted and a right to defend yourself as you see fit. Why do you have a problem with people defending themselves?
There is a difference between the two examples.
The one stalking your sister and friends was looking for trouble.

Drejka has had a history of provoking people and getting in shouting matches and looking for trouble and he found it.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:43 PM

21,492 posts, read 10,607,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
A second is all it took. Its unfortunate the assaulter who shoved him failed to simply try to talk things out.

Stupid prizes for the assaulter's stupid actions.

SYG was written to cover these situations.
I don’t believe that’s true. SYG was for self defense, and that guy was backing away. I think gun owners should have some responsibility.

78,606 posts, read 60,785,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You cannot separate this incident from the statistics that whites use to judge black people.
....oh god, I forgot I temporarily took you off ignore. Even when two white people shoot each other....it's racism against blacks.

Also, as a parting comment, I do not find you to be a fluid or original thinker on racial topics nor even particularily informed on such topics. I just think you spew Farrakhan talking points like a Rush Limbaugh fan with just enough stuff "sorta" correct to cover a turdpie of argument with a layer of frosting.

Good day.

23,177 posts, read 12,261,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Right, he wasn't scared when he was running his mouth against a woman alone in a car with a child, i.e. someone he perceived as weaker than himself. I guarantee you if it had been a brawny male sitting in that car, Michael Drejka, the lunatic, would not have been harassing them.

Your guarantees aren't worth ten sheets of used toilet paper. Too bad the bigger guy was such a chickenshiite that he had to blindside an older guy and didn't have the courage to call out as he was approaching to give the guy a chance to face him and stand up to him. Most real men would have shouted out the instant they stepped out the door and saw someone arguing with their gf.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don’t believe that’s true. SYG was for self defense, and that guy was backing away. I think gun owners should have some responsibility.
what we think means squat.

How laws are worded reigns supreme.

We are a nation of laws FYI.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:48 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,508,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
There is a difference between the two examples.
The one stalking your sister and friends was looking for trouble.

Drejka has had a history of provoking people and getting in shouting matches and looking for trouble and he found it.

Such a history...
You realize if that were true he'd have either
1. Been trespassed from the place.
2. Baker acted for being confrontational.

I'm not buying it for a moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies