Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 11:48 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,136,596 times

Advertisements

Lmao this sounds straight out of Idiocracy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 11:51 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Get a grip, man.

This story is not about Trump. It is a beautiful story of a father springing into action to deliver, and quite possibly, save the life of his newborn daughter. He maintained composure and untwisted the umbilical cord without his wife realizing the baby was in danger. The rest of the story is fluff, feel good. If you want to be miserable, keep it to yourself. Continue marinating in your hate. Enjoy.
Lol - sure, man. A beautiful story about a guy wrapping a newborn in Trump 2020 shirt at a known right-wing restaurant, posted on a right-wing political forum. Nothing political or Trump related in that story at all!

Your defense of this thread's true motivations are laughable.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:53 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Trump 2020 would be. Camacho is a far better president, objectively:

- He brought the smartest man he could find into his inner circle to fix the nation's problems. Trump would never do that.
- He gave the protagonist credit for saving the crops. Trump wouldn't have done that
- He took a personal risk stepping into the Rehabilitation Arena to save the protagonist. Trump would never do that.

Camacho 2020 - we can't get any worse!

Old 07-21-2018, 12:16 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,094,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Lol - sure, man. A beautiful story about a guy wrapping a newborn in Trump 2020 shirt at a known right-wing restaurant, posted on a right-wing political forum. Nothing political or Trump related in that story at all!

Your defense of this thread's true motivations are laughable.
Did you bother to read the linked article from far right wing People? Or the video in the link? No where does it mention Trump. Only a brief comment from the OP, otherwise no mention of Trump except your wild eyed rant.

CFA is known for being quite generous and I have never had any impression of right wing activity on any of my visits unless “thank you, have a nice day” is radical right wing to you.

Old 07-21-2018, 12:18 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,786,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Narrator: As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point. Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down. How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent to become an endangered species.

Old 07-21-2018, 12:42 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Did you bother to read the linked article from far right wing People? Or the video in the link? No where does it mention Trump. Only a brief comment from the OP, otherwise no mention of Trump except your wild eyed rant.

CFA is known for being quite generous and I have never had any impression of right wing activity on any of my visits unless “thank you, have a nice day” is radical right wing to you.
Re CFA and right wing activity I imagine that poster means, among other things, that the Cathy family (who founded Chick-Fil-A) are publicly known christians, that Chick-Fil-A locations aren't open on Sundays, and that Cathy family charitable donations are publicly known to go to groups that promote traditional marriage.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:47 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,578 times
I didn't see any mention of a Trump shirt in the article. I know they love to make stuff up but do they really need to be so obvious about it? Makes me wonder what else the Trumplings will use as a political statement.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:42 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Quote:

Just to fill you in.....

Scott Pruitt (former EPA head) is being investigated (one of 10 investigations of him) for trying to get his wife a franchise....

"Mr. Pruitt ultimately spoke by phone with Chick-fil-A representatives."

"Sydney Hupp, a former scheduler for Mr. Pruitt, contacted Chick-fil-A’s chief executive, Dan T. Cathy, in May 2017 at Mr. Pruitt’s behest to set up a meeting.

“The Administrator would like to talk about a potential business opportunity with Mr. Cathy. Nothing very pressing, just hoping to connect sometime in the next month or so,” Ms. Hupp wrote"

So...unless you want to opine that anyone can call the CEO of the place looking to take a meeting to get their wife a franchise....then they are political in a sense....

My guess is the average person looking for a franchise has to go through different means....and Pruitt is certainly FAR right wing let alone a crook (if allegations are true)...

Now, why CFA cares about polluting more enough to let their CEO take calls from Pruit....that's another story likely to come out as this goes along. But - admittedly - it's Pruitt committing the crimes here....but they are taking the bait.

One can read about just this 1.7 million "for family values" and decide if other evidence points to a political agenda. Note - I don't claim they did anything illegal...or even wrong. But it may be in error to suggest they are not political in terms of their donations and actions....

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ch...-gay-marriage/

Old 07-21-2018, 05:23 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,264,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
Or think of the nice people who opened a closed restaurant for an in distress mother, called the paramedics, and were generally hospitable to her parents - when they didn't have to be. not a 'no room at the inn' sort of thing... Decent people do decent things

or proud of her Dad for delivering her. or having the presence of mind to save her life.

or enjoy the grilled chicken sandwich or her after school job. or resulting scholarships or career.

How you make it in life often depends upon how you look at things.
‘Tis True and this young lady is lucky to have a Mother & Dad that could deal with an emergency with composure & a people oriented business that was willing to help.

Normal people relate to this, Leftists are unable to do that.

Old 07-21-2018, 05:27 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,094,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
‘Tis True and this young lady is lucky to have a Mother & Dad that could deal with an emergency with composure & a people oriented business that was willing to help.

Normal people relate to this, Leftists are unable to do that.
Exactly. That was my takeaway as well. I’m curious about dad’s profession as he reacted well and quickly. I’m wondering if he’s a first responder or medic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies