Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2018, 07:44 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,698,667 times

Advertisements

I'm curious if there's a poll out there that correlates people being against breastfeeding in public and their stance on abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 07:49 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
I'm curious if there's a poll out there that correlates people being against breastfeeding in public and their stance on abortion.
Oh, please! Let's keep this to breastfeeding. One controversy at a time. I know, breastfeeding isn't controversial to me, but it seems to be for many here.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:08 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Oh, please! Let's keep this to breastfeeding. One controversy at a time. I know, breastfeeding isn't controversial to me, but it seems to be for many here.

Honestly, I think both are similar issues in theory - both are legal and both have people trying to get women to stop doing them. It is always about a woman's behavior that people don't think is moral or good or becoming of a woman.

In both cases people need to mind their own business and quit trying to control other people.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:25 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm pretty sure breast milk is better than pee and you know kids are peeing in pools all day long.

LOL.
And adults!

Old 07-24-2018, 08:42 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Been a while since we've had breastfeeding SJW's in the news.

Statutes support their actions, but regardless, as per usual post the incident on Facebook and go from there.

Moms resist when told to stop breastfeeding at swimming pool - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina

Also:

Protest planned after moms asked to cover up while breastfeeding at public pool in Mora
If anyone is opposed to breast feeding anywhere they have issues where they equate it with something dirty or sexual when in fact it's been happening for millennia.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:17 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,589,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Is there a reason that she couldn’t leave the pool & go to a private area?
NOT her problem. The law is clear.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:34 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Several of your links are from the UK. In any event, banning kids is of dubious legality. https://blogs.findlaw.com/free_enter...-it-legal.html And this isn't really an issue about allowing a kid into a restaurant. Once the business, be it a restaurant or a public swimming pool, has admitted the baby, all 50 states require that the mom be allowed to breast feed and 30 states including S. Carolina where this incident happened exempt bf women from public exposure laws.
Restaurants in Europe/UK and the US can ba children and there are numereous examples.

In terms of the link you provide, it just backs up the assertion that children can be banned although it must be children as a whole and it must not relate to ethnicity or other such factors.

Licensed premises which serve alcohol have even greater flexibility in relation to banning those under 18.

In terms of cafes and family themes restaurants no one tends to mind babies or children, however more upmarket restaurants that operate at night are different, as they do not cater for children. There is however plenty of choice for women with children among the family themed sector.

The same is true of sports clubs, which may include swimming pools but mat have an adults only policy or may even be male members only.

Old 07-24-2018, 11:30 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
I'm pro-life. Feed away.

Old 07-24-2018, 11:49 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Is there a reason that she couldn’t leave the pool & go to a private area?
Between them they had 6 kids there. Maybe they wanted to keep an eye on their other kids?

Old 07-24-2018, 11:59 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,552,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Breastfeeding IN a public pool is not cool. It involves bodily fluids in a shared pool of water that people are swimming in, ladies. Step out of the pool and whip them boobs out but not IN the pool, please? Is that really too much to ask?
That logic does not hold ground in my opinion.

Also, for the sake of argument. Let us say that the mom breastfed in the car and then went to the swimming pool. Who is to say the her breast do not leak any milk in the water? I believe that is very possible.

How about when people spit while in the pool. Many do that. Well, can you assure me that many people do not urinate in while in the pool?

How about someone gets in the swimming pool and did not wipe his or her anus totally clean after going to restroom.

I can go on and on. So a few drops of milk are not any worst than some of the things I listed above.

That is why swimming pools have chlorine to kill most potentially harmful fluids. The human body does have anti bodies to protect itself from most situation in the swimming pool.

Some of the aversion is mostly that people do not like breastfeeding in public. There have been so many out there where people simply do not like to see breastfeeding and come up with other reasons to have it prohibited.
You have a great day.
elamigo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies