Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 09:40 PM

501 posts, read 303,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Will Trump run again? I doubt it. But if he does, he will almost certainly lose. When even Fox and Friends condemns a Republican president's actions, as they did when they blasted Trump's behavior at the Helsinki summit, the future re-election chances of said POTUS are bleak indeed.
I see you have been around here for a while, certainly before the election. Can you point to one of your election predictions from before Nov 2016 so we can gauge how well you can see the future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 09:51 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So 100% wrong. Just like 100% about his chances of becoming President.
Like I mentioned, the time isn't up yet. Maybe you will be right, but maybe I will be. Either way, I won't crow about it, as Trump is nothing but a loss for the nation whether he stays or goes. The only difference is the loss will be greater the longer he stays.

And the 2016 election? Lightning in a bottle. It's not likely to occur again any time soon.

So it's not an occasion for triumph at all, in my view. The U.S. shouldn't have ever have to cut it's losses to limit the damage.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:57 PM

482 posts, read 242,082 times
I'm not a Trump supporter, but I don't see how he loses in 2020. The left has no clue how to be likable anymore.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:03 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
I'm not a Trump supporter, but I don't see how he loses in 2020. The left has no clue how to be likable anymore.

But you think Trump is likable lol

Old 07-21-2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
But there is nothing for him to be impeached for, so your prediction is dead wrong.
Not yet there isn't. And granted, there may never be. But with the discoveries of interference that led to Flynn, Manafort, and now Roger Stone, who were all closely connected to Trump during the campaign, once any of these guys testifies to save his own hide, if there's something prosecutable, it will come out. If nothing is prosecutable, that will come out too.

But the threat of impeachment isn't the greatest pressure on Trump. The de-legitimization of his election is greater. If this becomes the big threat to his delicate psyche, I expect he will quit winners rather than stay on as a powerless, illegitimate President.

It's far too late to remove him from office due to election interference now unless impeachable evidence is found. Even then, the feckless Republican cripples would never find the spine to impeach him, even if the evidence is clearly there.

If I'm dead wrong, I'll live with it. I've been wrong before. But I've been right before, too, more than once or twice.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Trump's rallies this year are a lot more energetic and intense than Obama's rallies ever were....
That says nothing about Trump's physical health. He flies in, gets on a golf cart, is driven to the rally, leans on the podium for support, walks around a little, and then off to the golf cart again.

Trump just doesn't exercise; he's anti-exercise and believes too much is bad for the health.

I get that much exercise just walking up and down the stairs in my split-level home every day.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:06 PM

501 posts, read 303,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Not yet there isn't. And granted, there may never be. But with the discoveries of interference that led to Flynn, Manafort, and now Roger Stone, who were all closely connected to Trump during the campaign, once any of these guys testifies to save his own hide, if there's something prosecutable, it will come out. If nothing is prosecutable, that will come out too.

But the threat of impeachment isn't the greatest pressure on Trump. The de-legitimization of his election is greater. If this becomes the big threat to his delicate psyche, I expect he will quit winners rather than stay on as a powerless, illegitimate President.

It's far too late to remove him from office due to election interference now unless impeachable evidence is found. Even then, the feckless Republican cripples would never find the spine to impeach him, even if the evidence is clearly there.

If I'm dead wrong, I'll live with it. I've been wrong before. But I've been right before, too, more than once or twice.
I will repeat this for you as well. I see you have been around here for a while, certainly before the election. Can you point to one of your Presidential election predictions from before Nov 2016 so we can gauge how well you can see the future?

Old 07-21-2018, 10:07 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Trump is the most definitive re-election campaigner of all-time-

we are in agreement on that,... i'm just puzzled why you see that as a positive?

Old 07-21-2018, 10:35 PM

33,324 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post

But you think Trump is likable lol
Spider's post might be a reference to Hillary

(Biden is likeable)

Old 07-21-2018, 10:39 PM

33,324 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
That says nothing about Trump's physical health. He flies in, gets on a golf cart, is driven to the rally, leans on the podium for support, walks around a little, and then off to the golf cart again.

Trump just doesn't exercise; he's anti-exercise and believes too much is bad for the health.

I get that much exercise just walking up and down the stairs in my split-level home every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies