Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 12:53 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times

Advertisements

I would like to hear from those who voted for trump on this topic before anyone else chimes in please.

We ALL know that Trump's daughter has her clothes made in China and that clothes are exempt from the tariffs. Now there is no proof that Trump did this for his daughter but there is something TRULY fishy about all of this. it wasn't until AFTER he places the tariffs that clothes get a hall pass.

Not sure how many times this has been brought up here a lot I assume. I haven't seen any of his supporters honestly answer this question. How do you justify this? Do you not care or does it not bother you that he did this too help his own daughter out?

Once again I would like to hear from Trump voters to give them a chance to defend their president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 01:00 PM

10,760 posts, read 4,346,172 times
You have to make it more than a conspiracy theory or else its not worth addressing.
I never have an opinion on conspiracy theories.

Old 07-21-2018, 01:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
This has been brought up here many times.

Old 07-21-2018, 01:04 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
You have to make it more than a conspiracy theory or else its not worth addressing.
I never have an opinion on conspiracy theories.
Something isn't a conspiracy theory just because you don't want to address it.

It's a fact that Trump didn't impose tariffs on clothing and shoes from China.

I suppose one could debate whether that choice was made solely for his own family's enrichment or if he also thought about the political consequences of shirts and jeans and shoes suddenly costing his base a whole lot more money.

Old 07-21-2018, 01:11 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Something isn't a conspiracy theory just because you don't want to address it.

It's a fact that Trump didn't impose tariffs on clothing and shoes from China.

I suppose one could debate whether that choice was made solely for his own family's enrichment or if he also thought about the political consequences of shirts and jeans and shoes suddenly costing his base a whole lot more money.
Correct me if I am wrong..the tariffs that are being imposed is NOT for 100% of all exports just certain ones..right? things like shoes and clothing is not worth the effort..things like computers, Iphones and other high value items are the ones..correct?

Old 07-21-2018, 01:15 PM

10,760 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
I suppose one could debate whether that choice was made solely for his own family's enrichment
Exactly, conspiracy with no proof.
It feels like a waste of time to discuss hypotheticals.

Old 07-21-2018, 01:17 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I would like to hear from those who voted for trump on this topic before anyone else chimes in please.

We ALL know that Trump's daughter has her clothes made in China and that clothes are exempt from the tariffs. Now there is no proof that Trump did this for his daughter but there is something TRULY fishy about all of this. it wasn't until AFTER he places the tariffs that clothes get a hall pass.

Not sure how many times this has been brought up here a lot I assume. I haven't seen any of his supporters honestly answer this question. How do you justify this? Do you not care or does it not bother you that he did this too help his own daughter out?

Once again I would like to hear from Trump voters to give them a chance to defend their president.
Your question may be already out of date. Trump said on Friday he is willing to tariff it all. So, no, you haven't got us cornered.

Old 07-21-2018, 01:51 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
The Office of the United States Trade Representative ..... explained how some 1,300 products were chosen for the tariffs:

Trade analysts from several U.S. Government agencies identified products that benefit from Chinese industrial policies.... The list was refined by removing specific products identified by analysts as likely to cause disruptions to the U.S. economy, and tariff lines that are subject to legal or administrative constraints. The remaining products were ranked according to the likely impact on U.S. consumers, based on available trade data involving alternative country sources for each product. The proposed list was then compiled by selecting products from the ranked list with lowest consumer impact.

Trump’s critics may claim that clothing items were excluded from these tariffs for nepotistic reasons, but the Office of the United States Trade Representative explanation does hold water. Imposing tariffs on clothing items from China would have a large effect on United States consumers. In 2016, for instance, 35 percent of all apparel imported into the United States came from China.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pr...china-tariffs/

Old 07-21-2018, 02:07 PM

4 posts, read 1,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

I support Trump and don't care because it's everyone for themselves as the county collapses. Trump is getting what he can and so are the others in DC before the place goes up in flames.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:53 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Your question may be already out of date. Trump said on Friday he is willing to tariff it all. So, no, you haven't got us cornered.
Not trying to corner anyone just asking an honest question here

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The Office of the United States Trade Representative ..... explained how some 1,300 products were chosen for the tariffs:

Trump’s critics may claim that clothing items were excluded from these tariffs for nepotistic reasons, but the Office of the United States Trade Representative explanation does hold water. Imposing tariffs on clothing items from China would have a large effect on United States consumers. In 2016, for instance, 35 percent of all apparel imported into the United States came from China.
Seeing that the majority of things Americans buy are from China, I have a hard time buying into this idea. Not to mention what little bit that is made here , the primavera been drastically raised or will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies