Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 12:34 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Cops deal with the scum of society all day long. It is bound to have an affect on them sooner or later.

Having said that we don't pay them to break the law or pass judgement on suspects, whomever they may be. When you want to punch, choke or shoot people who you view as inferior to yourself it's time to consider a desk job.
True, but we cannot have it both ways. We cannot expect police to become conditioned to violence and hatred toward them 24/7, yet still expect them to be polite and courteous. Sometimes you must expect and be prepared for the worst, lest you be caught off guard and be injured or killed.

The video showed how a hostile community and criminals were a danger to them, and they used their training to get control of the situation without using lethal force. My point of course was that these cops were all black, and their tactics, while rough was not considered motivated by anything outside of their duty.
Yet had the exact same scenario occurred with white officers, you know some would be attaching a racial motive to it.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 01:32 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuterion View Post
Ok we’ll start here...why are those communities in such bad shape? Make sure you give actual facts and root causes not talking points. There are a series of events that took place that put these people and communities in dissarray. This is not about shiftung blame, it’s about identifying the actual issue so that the right solution can be implemented. You can prescribe the right medicine if you din’t understand what you are trying to cure.
Liberal policies/globalism

Old 07-22-2018, 01:37 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Correction, the immigrants have been ALLOWED to crawl themselves out, Black populations have been under constant economic and psycological attack by the US Government. Any positive movement put forth by the Black community is infiltrated, it’s leaders killed, and destroyed. So not only did the United States plunge these communities into poverty, they were underserved in schools because low property values = low property tax = underfunded schools. But that’s not all, the War on Drugs was the icing on the cake that gave the justificatiom to lock Black males up at alarming rates for using drugs pumped into Black neighborhoods by the CIA to fund a war in Nicaragua! Black fathers were taken off the street en masse and used as cheap labor in the prison system. The US Government has attacked the Black family structure through drugs, policing, and welfare so it’s no surprise that the Black community is splintered.

Their family structure is broken due to the US government explicily destroying it to stop the Black community from organizing and opposing it like it did in the Civil Rights Movement. To look at that community that came out of slavery to be constantly denied basic rights and humanity all the way up to 1968 is ridiculous.

You’re basically blaming the victims and absolving the perpetrators. The Black American community is the result of dealing with White supremacy systematically attacking you from every single angle...psychologically, financially, and spiritually for 100’s of years. The nation has to put in as much effort to lift these people up as it did to break them down in the manner that it has you. You can’t terrorize a nation of people, give them human rights in 1968, and expect them to automatically thrive. ESPECIALLY when you are still throwing hurdles in their way! Lastly, a major problem with the education system in the US other than underfunding is that it is heavily Eurocentric and you are not going to tap the minds of these kids if you indoctrinate them with the greatness of White people day in and day out. The world history classes basically talk a bit about China but then froth at the mouth about Greece and Rome...and talk about KMT for a bit but then White wash it. It’s a huge joke...

You have to say Black American students because Black immigrants such as Nigerians outperform everybody so it’s clearly not a Black issue. The problem is the Black community has been destroyed by the nation it exists in and these are the affects. Blaming the people is not gonna fix the situation...the nation has to right its wrongs and invest in the people it has destroyed. It needs to do much better than pell grants and welfare...
I'm 100% in agreement with what you've written in the first two paragraphs. I completely disagree with what I've bolded in the third paragraph.

My question to you is - do you blame our government and not just one political party?

Personally, and I've posted this before - I believe the government (meaning both parties) allows drugs and weapons to be brought into certain communities and white SJWs do more harm than good when it comes to blacks.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:39 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Thats exactly why we need term limits on how long someone can be a cop, this would solve a lot of the problems imo. It should be no more than 2 yrs, and then someone else must come in to fill the position, it would work even better if cities held elections for so many openings, or they could institute a law that everyone 21-35 must serve 2 yrs as a police officer for their community.
Huge fail

Cops don’t have a full grasp of the job until at least 5 years. Would cost ridiculous amounts of money

Old 07-22-2018, 01:46 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Your sentence sounds good but is dismissive because one of the largest issues is that a lot of police officers on the street come from different neighbors than the ones they patrol and they assume everyone is a criminal. They go into these community with an us vs them mentality and it affects the way they interact with the populace. Secondly, there’s a double standard where police departments want communities to speak up regarding the bad apples in the neighborhood but the police REFUSE to do the same in their ranks. Police are the biggest proponents of “stop snitching” when someone in their ranks commits a crime...then it’s all about the thin blue line. The institution of policing is a huge problem and it won’t be solved until they start being held accountable for their actions.
You're making countrywide blanket statements about policing when in reality the areas with the worst abuses, strongest union and political protection are in the major US cities like LA, Chicago, NY etc.

You have legitimate points, ones I myself have made, about some of the police forces. I just ask that you don't paint the police department of say, Des Moines, IA with the same brush as Chicago.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:54 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Ok we’ll start here...why are those communities in such bad shape? Make sure you give actual facts and root causes not talking points. There are a series of events that took place that put these people and communities in dissarray. This is not about shiftung blame, it’s about identifying the actual issue so that the right solution can be implemented. You can prescribe the right medicine if you din’t understand what you are trying to cure.
<<Middle aged white guy from midwest posting again>>

Those communities are in bad shape because of historical racism that has lead to a concentration of poverty and crime that is often associated with ethnicity which isn't reality.

One of the main problems with that population segment moving forward however is that in our dual party system with mono-party control of the large urban areas, those minorities have little if any real power.

In short, all politicians have to do is take care of some of the "minority leaders" with bribes essentially of one type or another and they'll be shielded from turning a blind eye to helping the bad areas.

You've got no other party to vote for and you've been sold out by the one in control.

Hell, I'd argue that gays in the US have wayyy more power in politics than many minority groups. They tend to have some $$$ which is why Obama changed his tune towards gay issues close to 2012 because he'd previously ignored them.

Old 07-22-2018, 02:27 PM

241 posts, read 143,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm 100% in agreement with what you've written in the first two paragraphs. I completely disagree with what I've bolded in the third paragraph.

My question to you is - do you blame our government and not just one political party?

Personally, and I've posted this before - I believe the government (meaning both parties) allows drugs and weapons to be brought into certain communities and white SJWs do more harm than good when it comes to blacks.
I blame both parties, I feel like neither one is an advocate for Black Americans and to take it a step further I don’t feel either is an advocate for the American people. They like when we fight each other because it keeps us busy while they rape us for every last nickel and quarter in our pockets...but I digress. I also agree that White SJWs do more harm than good and I feel that a lot of them are equally as racist but disguise it in a wall of empathy and white guilt. I as a Black man don’t care for White guilt or White people’s empathy...I just want us to agree on the problem so that we can prescribe the right medicine. At the end of the day we just need to listen to one another because we are all we have...because this is quickly turning into a country lf have and have nots and we can only stop that by recognizing our commonalties and using it to empower one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
<<Middle aged white guy from midwest posting again>>

Those communities are in bad shape because of historical racism that has lead to a concentration of poverty and crime that is often associated with ethnicity which isn't reality.

One of the main problems with that population segment moving forward however is that in our dual party system with mono-party control of the large urban areas, those minorities have little if any real power.

In short, all politicians have to do is take care of some of the "minority leaders" with bribes essentially of one type or another and they'll be shielded from turning a blind eye to helping the bad areas.

You've got no other party to vote for and you've been sold out by the one in control.

Hell, I'd argue that gays in the US have wayyy more power in politics than many minority groups. They tend to have some $$$ which is why Obama changed his tune towards gay issues close to 2012 because he'd previously ignored them.
You hit the nail on the head and I agree with your other post regarding law enforcement.

Old 07-22-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
I blame both parties, I feel like neither one is an advocate for Black Americans and to take it a step further I don’t feel either is an advocate for the American people. They like when we fight each other because it keeps us busy while they rape us for every last nickel and quarter in our pockets...but I digress. I also agree that White SJWs do more harm than good and I feel that a lot of them are equally as racist but disguise it in a wall of empathy and white guilt. I as a Black man don’t care for White guilt or White people’s empathy...I just want us to agree on the problem so that we can prescribe the right medicine. At the end of the day we just need to listen to one another because we are all we have...because this is quickly turning into a country lf have and have nots and we can only stop that by recognizing our commonalties and using it to empower one another.
You've got it. The government and all the puppets in it couldn't care less about any of us, but they need to keep a good percentage dependent on them, and another group of people have to feel it's in the name of social justice trying to help the downtrodden. Complete b.s. They also have to keep the business of prisons alive and well. That's where minorities come in handy.

We know the government is complicit when it comes to bringing drugs and guns into the black community. If SJWs were so pro-minority, that would be the first thing they would try and stop. Instead, they advocate and fight for things that will continue to hold black folks back.

The government is doing the same thing to (mostly) rural white folks now with opioids. We're all supposed to be drugged to the point where we don't notice more and more of our civil liberties disappearing.

Meanwhile, the media, the puppets of the puppets in government, work with the government to keep us all divided because if we began working together to toss them all out, they're off the gravy train.

I'm surprised that this isn't obvious to most people. Stop defending both parties, sheeple. They're both wolves in different clothing.

Old 07-22-2018, 02:50 PM

241 posts, read 143,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You've got it. The government and all the puppets in it couldn't care less about any of us, but they need to keep a good percentage dependent on them, and another group of people have to feel it's in the name of social justice trying to help the downtrodden. Complete b.s. They also have to keep the business of prisons alive and well. That's where minorities come in handy.

We know the government is complicit when it comes to bringing drugs and guns into the black community. If SJWs were so pro-minority, that would be the first thing they would try and stop. Instead, they advocate and fight for things that will continue to hold black folks back.

The government is doing the same thing to (mostly) rural white folks now with opioids. We're all supposed to be drugged to the point where we don't notice more and more of our civil liberties disappearing.

Meanwhile, the media, the puppets of the puppets in government, work with the government to keep us all divided because if we began working together to toss them all out, they're off the gravy train.

I'm surprised that this isn't obvious to most people. Stop defending both parties, sheeple. They're both wolves in different clothing.
My brother!

Old 07-22-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
My brother!
Not too loud in here - I'm white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies