Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2018, 09:38 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
This is like arguing that a bank robber was being locked up even though he only went around picking up bits of green paper. How woefully transparent.
A lot of the right-leaning posters are running out of ideas.

As much as they hate it, reality might be starting to set in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 09:39 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What a bunch of malarky.
I'm sure the Nazi's would say the same. Immoral people, barbaric people never admit to their immorality because they want to be "good."

Old 12-10-2018, 09:43 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
What? Are you insane? All she did was go around and tell nice things about Russia to lobbyists, politicians, and orgs like the NRA. Is this a crime in your demented, immoral world?
Well you should let her know that what she did was not a crime and that she should withdraw her plea. She will be thrilled to hear from you, I'm sure.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:46 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Quote:
Well you should let her know that what she did was not a crime and that she should withdraw her plea. She will be thrilled to hear from you, I'm sure.
If only all these internet lawyers could come to her rescue eh?

Old 12-10-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
A government can make whatever it wants a crime. Saudi Arabia makes homosexuality a crime. Some countries make it illegal to offer any criticism of their leaders a crime. We in the civilized world recognize those laws as violations of human civil rights. This is, whatever federal law Mueller is using, is an abuse of human civil rights.

And the fact you're not outraged shows how easy it's for simple minds to be made to support human rights abuses.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
A government can make whatever it wants a crime. Saudi Arabia makes homosexuality a crime. Some countries make it illegal to offer any criticism of their leaders a crime. We in the civilized world recognize those laws as violations of human civil rights. This is, whatever federal law Mueller is using, is an abuse of human civil rights.

And the fact you're not outraged shows how easy it's for simple minds to be made to support human rights abuses.
Don't commit the crime if you can't do the time, as they say. Absurd screeching about human rights abuses just makes you look ridiculous and it won't help criminals avoid prosecution.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Don't commit the crime if you can't do the time, as they say. Absurd screeching about human rights abuses just makes you look ridiculous and it won't help criminals avoid prosecution.
What's absurd is your absolute disregard for humans rights abuses. "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time" is ridiculous especially since there are so many federal statues in the USA, you can't possibly know all the crimes. Again, minimizing human rights abuses.

Screeching about human rights? Pathetic, you're. I better not catch you say anything towards any country about their human rights abuses. Saudi Arabia wants to behead homosexuals and stone adulterous women? Don't do the time if you can't do the crime. Russia imprisons journalists for criticizing Putin? Don't do the time if you can't do the crime.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
What's absurd is your absolute disregard for humans rights abuses. "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time" is ridiculous especially since there are so many federal statues in the USA, you can't possibly know all the crimes. Again, minimizing human rights abuses.

Screeching about human rights? Pathetic, you're. I better not catch you say anything towards any country about their human rights abuses. Saudi Arabia wants to behead homosexuals and stone adulterous women? Don't do the time if you can't do the crime. Russia imprisons journalists for criticizing Putin? Don't do the time if you can't do the crime.
I'm not going down some rabbit hole of lunacy with some nutter who equates prosecution of criminal acts with human rights abuses. Sorry, go peddle crazy somewhere else.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:19 AM

1,239 posts, read 510,353 times
Quote:

LMAO, this is great stuff.

She's going to plead to committing a crime that has been on the books for decades, and is probably similar to the laws in all other major countries. It's very simple, unless you can't accept the truth.

I'm quite interested to see how much time she gets. I don't think it'll be much at all, if any. I think she sung like a sparrow, a red one at that, and will likely be shown leniency.

Quote:
I'm not going down some rabbit hole of lunacy with some nutter who equates prosecution of criminal acts with human rights abuses. Sorry, go peddle crazy somewhere else.
Good Call.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:22 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Indeed.

We already have an ample supply of crazy here.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies