Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 11:26 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
We hate those that seek to destroy American Value. I suspect you wouldn't recognize American Values if you were surrounded by them 24 x 7.

Here is a quick way to determine American values - Whatever you think on a subject, America values are just the opposite.

Oh, so patriotism isn't an American values anymore?

I guess that explains this:

Trump backs Putin on election meddling at summit against his own country's intel

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2018, 11:27 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Democrats don't have economic policies that work?

What?

The economy under several Democratic Presidents has done quite well. Clinton comes to mind. Obama left us with the longest period of job and economic growth in some time.

Meanwhile, the last Republican President to leave the nation in better economic shape than he found it was Eisenhower.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:33 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Jeez, talk about a completely off the mark analogy. How many Democrats do you know even own guns????!! You think a group of multi-cultural welcoming folks are going to shoot up each other??? Man, even your imagination needs fact checking. You lock up eight Democrats in a place, they are more likely to argue to death about the hidden meaning of the Illiad.

It's the Republicans who are "The Hateful Eight", they are loners who hate everything and everyone and the movie's ending is a perfect curtain draw for their intolerance, hate and violence.

No guns needed when they eat them alive like a pack of jackals on their prey.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:33 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,728,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
American values:

- Prosperous

- Elite

- Multi-cultural

- World leader

- Educated

- Technologically advanced.

- Racially diverse

- Lead by examples

- Envy of the world

- Strong

- Principled

- Friend of internationalism

What makes the Right so despise the above American values?

Here is a really good book on this exact topic by a conservative

https://www.amazon.com/How-Right-Los.../dp/1250199530

Quote:
Once at the center of the American conservative movement, bestselling author and radio host Charles J. Sykes is a fierce opponent of Donald Trump and the right-wing media that enabled his rise.

In How the Right Lost Its Mind, Sykes presents an impassioned, regretful, and deeply thoughtful account of how the American conservative movement came to lose its values. How did a movement that was defined by its belief in limited government, individual liberty, free markets, traditional values, and civility find itself embracing bigotry, political intransigence, demagoguery, and outright falsehood? How the Right Lost its Mind addresses:
*Why are so many voters so credulous and immune to factual information reported by responsible media?
*Why do conservatives decide to overlook, even embrace, so many of Trump’s outrages, gaffes, conspiracy theories, falsehoods, and smears?
*Can conservatives govern? Or are they content merely to rage?
*How can the right recover its traditional values and persuade a new generation of their worth?
What we are witnessing is nothing more than a populist movement that happened to spring out of the GOP. These type of populist movements are ugly on their face, xenophobia, protectionism devolving into dehumanizing behavior....kind of like tearing babies from their mother's arms because they are "other" Things like this have a limited shelf life, and with the shame and humiliation brought on americans this last Monday it appears the crest of this particular wave has peaked..we will see.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:37 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Here is a really good book on this exact topic by a conservative

https://www.amazon.com/How-Right-Los.../dp/1250199530

What we are witnessing is nothing more than a populist movement that happened to spring out of the GOP. These type of populist are ugly on their face, xenophobia, protectionism devolving into dehumanizing behavior....kind of like tearing babies from their mother's arms because they are "other" Things like this have a limited shelf life, and with the shame and humiliation brought on americans this last Monday it appears the crest of this particular wave has crested...we will see.
All you point out is the "status quo" is now being exposes as the "status foe" who has benefited while the people ignored have gone unheard. Your point is old news or history.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:43 AM

956 posts, read 745,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
The Democrats are out to undermine this country. They would love to see the economy collapse because they hate the person that was duly elected president. We are in serious trouble that the country has never seen before and the Democrats are at the heart of it. I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary...I didn't like either but I am not wishing for the pilot of the airliner I am on to crash the plane. I fear for the future of our nation if this continues.
So true. The Dems care about no one but power. They would rather see mass unemployment and starvation rather than lose. I'm ready for the next civil war. I don't I can get hurt by them throwing pink vagina hats and human feces at me.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:43 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
It is obvious what the Democrats are doing to this country today and it is not good for the country.

Have you ever considered actually naming specific actions of Democrats you allege are so detrimental to the country or are glittering generalities and myth your wheelhouse?

Old 07-22-2018, 11:46 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I’m not allowed to use my whole vocabulary here. Have a very nice day. You DO Know who owns this site?

No, as a matter of fact, I do not know who owns this site. I never thought about it and did not know that it mattered. Perhaps you would be kind enough to enlighten me?

Old 07-22-2018, 11:48 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Have you ever considered actually naming specific actions of Democrats you allege are so detrimental to the country or are glittering generalities and myth your wheelhouse?
Perhaps you should pay close enough attention to the daily news and other media and I would think that it will hit you square in the face.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:50 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,728,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
All you point out is the "status quo" is now being exposes as the "status foe" who has benefited while the people ignored have gone unheard. Your point is old news or history.
So having a spineless president roll over to a two bit dictator overseeing a kleptocracy, Looking like a lap dog while he is doing it is the solution here???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies