Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 06:39 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,807,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
It shows the ignorance of parents who don’t know the difference between a child’s sex and cultural norms of clothing and toys. If your son likes to wear dresses and play with Barbie Dolls but he has a penis, he is still a boy.
Physically, yes. Mentally, who knows. The issue with gender being based on physical aspects is that there are people who are wired to think that they were supposed to be male but were born female. Imagine being born male but having your brain tell you you are female, that is exactly what happens. This is on top of genetic issues like hermaphrodites which they could chose to be either gender.

As for this article, I think it is a good idea, there shouldn't be labels to what anyone can or can't do. The issue is we are very aware of societal labels in virtually any part of the world. We associate by gender, skin color, nationality, religion, political leanings, sport teams, etc. and often question if someone is outside the labels. I mean look at the Bearded Ladies in the carnival.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 06:59 AM

14,465 posts, read 11,241,659 times
Its never been a truer thing to say:

The kids will be fine, it's the parents I worry about.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:01 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,400,930 times
I used to vote straight Democrat but Liberals have went insane. Gender is one of the few areas in life that is black and white rather than grey.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:10 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,461,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I used to vote straight Democrat but Liberals have went insane. Gender is one of the few areas in life that is black and white rather than grey.
Gender may be "black and white" for you, but many people have always thought of gender in "shades of grey"!

Old 07-24-2018, 10:11 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,386,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Gender may be "black and white" for you, but many people have always thought of gender in "shades of grey"!
50 shades?

Old 07-24-2018, 10:14 AM

643 posts, read 326,923 times
Quote:
It is quite evident Democrats want no definitions.

A few years back, students at a college elected a young Asian gay guy as homecoming queen as a prank.

The college president, an ultra liberal ( no surprise) wrote a lengthy letter of support for the gay guy by saying........" since when is the title of Queen reserved for women " ?

Old 07-24-2018, 10:21 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,678,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
How are you supposed to explain this to the school or Doctor? My child doesn't have a gender or we are waiting for them to decide. I really dislike this non gender movement.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...decide-n891836
Then you should definitely not participate.

And it’s not new, a decade ago it was happening in Sweden.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:27 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,559,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Ahhh .... the good old days. When kids weer left to be ... kids.
I understand what they parents are doing - they want to be accepting if one of their children does turn out to be transgender. I think that's great. I wish all parents were so willing to offer unconditional love to their offspring. I just don't get the whole idea of pretending that gender doesn't exist. Most people accept that it does, including the vast majority of people whose gender doesn't align with their biological sex. I have been online for years, and in all that time, I think I have spoken to a grand total of two people who didn't identify as either male or female.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Nonsense.

Get

Not even biological sex is black and white, gender even less so. Educate yourself. Did you know there is a group of children who are born physically male, and then during puberty turn physically male. Completely, functionally, male. Those kids identify as male even when they are toddlers despite having completely physically female bodies.

Sex is complicated, it always has been. Genetic vs physical mismatch, genetic intersex, physical intersex, and many combinations of each. Gender is even more complex.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
What if the kid decides he is catholic or protestant but his parents are jewish or atheists ? The parents have no right to force their religious beliefs on him or to deny him the right to worship as he sees fit.
True, people should let there kids decide their own religious beliefs.

Quote:
Likewise the child could be a Trump supporter and if they are liberals they'd have to allow her to wear that MAGA hat.
True, people should let kids decide their own political beliefs.

Quote:
This all comes down to stripping people of their identity under the banner of a fake campaign to promote diversity.
Who provides your identity? Did someone tell you that you were strait, or cis, or whatever you are? Did it come from other people telling you that you are a boy or girl or whatever? Or did this come from within? Because the child still knows who they are, the parents just don’t want to tell strangers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies