Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 03:22 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,749,653 times

Advertisements

Faisal Hussian-Jihadist

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1021862483273895937
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 03:38 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Updated information:

https://www.680news.com/2018/07/24/danforth-shooter/

Old 07-24-2018, 03:49 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
“For most people who experience psychosis, it is not accompanied by violent behaviour,” he said. “People with psychosis are at greater risk of being the victims of violence then of perpetrating violence.

While most people who have mental health issues are not violent in this way, most who are do have mental health issues.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:48 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Small point -- but it wasn't a fair -- it's just a street in Toronto.
You have to understand, this is indigenous culture from somewhere, and diversity, at work. You also have to understand, he was angry. Canada's PM is a skilled former social worker. He should be able to handle it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
Government/media still haven't identified the shooter as of the last news story I saw. Wonder why?
The fact that it took a long time to disclose Faisal Hussain's name shows the protectiveness that exists towards certain communities.

Last edited by jbgusa; 07-24-2018 at 07:06 PM..

Old 07-24-2018, 07:09 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
There is crime everywhere.

And compared to the USA -- Canada is shangra la -- kind of sad isn't it -- for the USA.

Why do people jump to conclusions, make wide sweeping generalizations based on the voices in their heads>
You're the expert at it, why not tell us?

Old 07-24-2018, 07:22 PM

3 posts, read 1,351 times
He was a known ISIS supporter. That is now leaking out. Check the recent developments.

I will never believe the left loves Muslims because they’re “oppressed” I believe it’s simply that Muslims have a lot of oil wealth and power behind them (Saudi Arabia)The media protects them because of the wealth aspect. I may be wrong but I just can’t shake the feeling.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:26 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
You have to understand, this is indigenous culture from somewhere, and diversity, at work. You also have to understand, he was angry. Canada's PM is a skilled former social worker. He should be able to handle it.The fact that it took a long time to disclose Faisal Hussain's name shows the protectiveness that exists towards certain communities.
There was an attempted murder in Edmonton on the weekend. The only information originally released was that the two women knew each other and their ages, 61 and 83 I think. A couple of days later the information that they were mother and daughter and their names were released. At no time was it mentioned that they were white or what religion they were.

No the time t9 release the suspects name shows a difference in how quickly information is released to the press. The rest is just your assumptions. I think it took about the same amount of time to release the name of the suspect who shot up the mosque in Quebec and he is white,

And how is it protecting certain communities by not announcing names as fast as you wish it to be? Yes Canada has a diversity of cultures at work. And it works. Is it better if all shooters are from the same ethnic group or the same religion? It seems to me all the mass shooters in the States who are white are deranged, if black then they are thugs and Muslims all are terrorists. Not sure why only whites are allowed to be mentally deranged or ill.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:31 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Canadian reporting is not like the USA either.

They don't have the same approach.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:36 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpchedder View Post
He was a known ISIS supporter. That is now leaking out. Check the recent developments.

I will never believe the left loves Muslims because they’re “oppressed” I believe it’s simply that Muslims have a lot of oil wealth and power behind them (Saudi Arabia)The media protects them because of the wealth aspect. I may be wrong but I just can’t shake the feeling.
Leaking out means that the person is being investigated. You may not realize it but it takes time to investigate. I read that he had visited ISIS sites. Did you know before that he was a supporter? Why do you think anyone else did and it just got leaked? Personally an angry mentally troubled Muslim looking at ISIS is not strange to me. Who else would do that!

If he did an act of terrorism, he certainly caused harm to less people than the shooter in Las Vegas or many of American school shooters. I could ask why the right never seems to upset with them

Old 07-24-2018, 07:37 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...ster-says.html

Danforth gunman not on the radar of national security agencies, safety minister says
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies