Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 08:59 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
I'm not muchly interested in American politics and have no opinion about Steve Bannon so far, I'm just wondering why he want to engage in European politics, what do you think is his agenda?

How would you judge him, is he an idealist whether you like his point of view or not, or is he a fraud whose interest is solely personal benefit?
Now, that's an interesting question.

I think he's an evil, dangerous guy - but I think he's an idealist, not a fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 09:36 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He's initiated the plan to save America, now he's going to start saving Europe...why not?

Old 07-25-2018, 05:45 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Well , he gifted Trump onto the world so
what more do you need to know?
Isn't it pretty clear what he is?

I'm rather pro Trump, don't know what to think about Bannon though, I don't see how the European right needs him, at the end he might do more harm than being a help (from a right wing view).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He's initiated the plan to save America, now he's going to start saving Europe...why not?

He has not saved America yet, I'm not too convinced about Trump, his poor politics (?) might result in a left wing backlash and make things worse then they were before.

To those who voted Trump, are you pleased so far and do the liberal media missrepresent him?

Old 07-26-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
He has not saved America yet, I'm not too convinced about Trump, his poor politics (?) might result in a left wing backlash and make things worse then they were before.

To those who voted Trump, are you pleased so far and do the liberal media missrepresent him?
I think it was a recent NBC poll in conjunction with another liberal group that showed Trump supporters still favor him 88%, highest since George W Bush after 9/11. Trump has fulfilled many campaign promises and a research group said in the first year he has achieved 64% of his agenda.

Left wing media has been revealed as doing 90% negative reporting on Trump which is why if that is your only news source, you think Trump has done nothing. I'm constantly educating people.

You can watch Fox News on youtube by the way. The live streaming channels constantly change as they are taken down for copyright violations. There are other websites that offer free streaming on all the US and many foreign channels. Don't know if they are legal or not. Avoid CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC and the BBC in the UK. Let's remember that a lot of these channels are global corporations.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:50 PM

Sven, if you want to know what Trump has done you can watch on the White House youtube channel. Trump uncensored is very different from the media version. Most people remark how different he is than they expected, even world leaders.

https://www.youtube.com/user/whitehouse/videos

Old 07-26-2018, 09:13 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Bannon is consulted by countries which have strong populist movements since he is a successful political strategist.

I was just about to start a thread about his interview at a CNBC event, Delivering Alpha, which was fascinating. This event was focused on China but as always, he veers off into many topics. If you are unfamiliar with him and only read fake news leftist, globalist media which hate him, you will be pleasantly surprised.

The same video is posted on youtube but for some reason couldn't open it

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/19/watc...ing-alpha.html

You can also find several videos on youtube in the past few months where he was interviewed by the BBC and The Telegraph which are more Eurocentric. Bannon is always a compelling speaker.
But Bannon always looks drunk and disheveled

Old 07-26-2018, 09:16 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Bannon is wanting to create a European Supergroup, and I don't mean Abba.

Alarm as Steve Bannon plans Europe-wide populist 'supergroup' - BBC News
Bannon's still free, right. Take a chance on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crgQGdpZR0

Old 07-27-2018, 02:01 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,185 times
Quote:
I think it was a recent NBC poll in conjunction with another liberal group that showed Trump supporters still favor him 88%, highest since George W Bush after 9/11. Trump has fulfilled many campaign promises and a research group said in the first year he has achieved 64% of his agenda.

Left wing media has been revealed as doing 90% negative reporting on Trump which is why if that is your only news source, you think Trump has done nothing. I'm constantly educating people.

You can watch Fox News on youtube by the way. The live streaming channels constantly change as they are taken down for copyright violations. There are other websites that offer free streaming on all the US and many foreign channels. Don't know if they are legal or not. Avoid CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC and the BBC in the UK. Let's remember that a lot of these channels are global corporations.
Why did Trump fire Bannon then? Who on earth would take Fox news seriously? This is the network that took action in a Florida court to protect it's right, under the first amendment, to lie to it's viewers.
Fox news is the mouth piece for the Republican party.

Old 07-28-2018, 02:18 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,152 times
Quote:
Sven, if you want to know what Trump has done you can watch on the White House youtube channel. Trump uncensored is very different from the media version. Most people remark how different he is than they expected, even world leaders.

https://www.youtube.com/user/whitehouse/videos

I realize that Trump is eager to keep his promises and that he is no emperor that can do as he pleases in any issue, he just appears unprofessional and clownish to a certain degree but this also makes him likeable.

If I understand your first post right, Bannon works as a kind of consultant for the European Right rather than to try to personally interfere in European politics?

Old 07-31-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
If I understand your first post right, Bannon works as a kind of consultant for the European Right rather than to try to personally interfere in European politics?
This is a long, very informative article. Lots of information.
"Bannon is moving to Europe to set up The Movement, a populist foundation to rival George Soros and spark a right-wing revolt across the continent."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside...ght?ref=scroll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies