Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 02:50 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
You do care. Enough to fight these things because it isn’t something you want to accept, celebrate or participate in. Well... it goes both ways.
Do your tax dollars support the purchasing of services from churches? No. Me neither.

But they do go to fund abortions. Been proven per an article in Forbes, mostly at the state level, though.

And: Again, I am not religious. I find organized religion ridiculous, for lack of a better word. But they have NEVER forced me to participate in or accept anything that they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 02:59 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchisedec View Post
As a farmer I have never observed a homosexual bull or boar pig.

If they were observed to be homosexual ( interested in sex with males/no interest in females) they would get a one way ticket to the packing plant immediately.
I have. I seen two male dogs do each other down the side walk, taking turns, and then I seen a male donkey try to rape a male human. But, it doesn't mean it's normal.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:05 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Please link to stories about people being forced to attend church, church services or Bible readings, forced prayer, etc. Also, links regarding uses of electricity on the sabboth, fish on Fridays, wearing of cetain pieces of clothing.

Let me know how people are forced to participate in these behaviors. But schools have LGBT training and lessons. That's OK. Because you MUST accept LGBT no matter what your belief system.

Show me where people are being forced to sing hymns, wear crosses, congratulate people on what religion they are. Show me where there are religious parades dedicated to honor the religion.

Religion is voluntary. LGBT acceptance? Nope. In fact, in diversity training for work, lots of LGBT. Don't remember one example of a church or temple attending family and how that should be respected.

Pushing values? Huh. How many tv shows have a church-going family? How many TV shows have a gay character?
People try to force biblical law into lawmaking on the daily. Marriage between gays is not allowed because the Bible says marriage is a union between a man and women. So gay people don’t get the same rights as straight people because religious folk don’t believe they should have the same rights.

You don’t have to accept anything you don’t want to, but you should show compassion to others. Just as religion is protected from intolerance, so should the LGBT community be. I think it’s wonderful to have training in schools and the work place to teach people compassion for things like diversity, LGBT, religion, culture... it just helps make people more caring and understanding.

There are many shows depicting religious families, Seventh Heaven, the Real O’Neil’s, Living Biblically, the gospel of keven, Young Sheldon, the American Bible challenge... I’m sure there are others, but that is all I’m aware of. I have no problem with these shows because I know there is an audience for it, just like there is an audience for shows depicting gay families.

Just as religion is voluntary, so is LGBT community. No one is trying to convert straight people or force them to go to pride parades. So again, if in fact conservatives really don’t care what others do in their lives, why fight laws that give gay people equality and the same rights as straight people or allow women to make decisions over their own bodies?

Old 07-23-2018, 03:08 PM

643 posts, read 328,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I have. I seen two male dogs do each other down the side walk, taking turns, and then I seen a male donkey try to rape a male human. But, it doesn't mean it's normal.
?????????????

apples to oranges.

Male animals will have sex with anything even a crevice in a rock.

To claim a male farm animal is a homosexual in the same sense of humans, the males would have sex only with males and have no sexual interest in the female.

I have never observed this.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
People try to force biblical law into lawmaking on the daily. Marriage between gays is not allowed because the Bible says marriage is a union between a man and women. So gay people don’t get the same rights as straight people because religious folk don’t believe they should have the same rights.

You don’t have to accept anything you don’t want to, but you should show compassion to others. Just as religion is protected from intolerance, so should the LGBT community be. I think it’s wonderful to have training in schools and the work place to teach people compassion for things like diversity, LGBT, religion, culture... it just helps make people more caring and understanding.

There are many shows depicting religious families, Seventh Heaven, the Real O’Neil’s, Living Biblically, the gospel of keven, Young Sheldon, the American Bible challenge... I’m sure there are others, but that is all I’m aware of. I have no problem with these shows because I know there is an audience for it, just like there is an audience for shows depicting gay families.

Just as religion is voluntary, so is LGBT community. No one is trying to convert straight people or force them to go to pride parades. So again, if I’m fact conservatives really don’t care what others do in their lives, why fight laws that give gay people equality and the same rights as straight people or allow women to make decisions over their own bodies?
Yes, people are religious do not want the word marriage associated with a homosexual union. You agree, per your own words. Which is why had teh LGBT movement chosen to use 'civil union' but requested all the LEGAL trappings of marriage, there would have been nary a peep from the religious. Because gays were not getting married. They didn't have a 'marriage.' It's pretty simple and easy to understand. The religious were not trying to dictate law, they were trying to PROTECT what they believe is a religious sacroment. So yes 'civil unions' would have been a more smooth way to get LGBT unions through. Would've passed pretty easily, too.

When schools are teaching LGBT values, that is coersion. When an employee has to sit through LGBT training and answer question correctly or FAIL, that is also coersion. When is the last time you were forced to sit through religious service per your school or employer mandate? Never, right?

And that is where the pushback is. It's not about being *who you are.* It's about forcing others to accept and uphold the lifestyle or else there are consequences.

Suppose that parent wants to pull the kid from school? Consequences. Suppose that employee refuses to take that diversity training? Consequences.

Conservatives want to be left ALONE. As in: left. ALONE. Not entirely sure why that concept is so foreign. Or so misunderstood.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Yes, people are religious do not want the word marriage associated with a homosexual union. You agree, per your own words. Which is why had teh LGBT movement chosen to use 'civil union' but requested all the LEGAL trappings of marriage, there would have been nary a peep from the religious. Because gays were not getting married. They didn't have a 'marriage.' It's pretty simple and easy to understand. The religious were not trying to dictate law, they were trying to PROTECT what they believe is a religious sacroment. So yes 'civil unions' would have been a more smooth way to get LGBT unions through. Would've passed pretty easily, too.

When schools are teaching LGBT values, that is coersion. When an employee has to sit through LGBT training and answer question correctly or FAIL, that is also coersion. When is the last time you were forced to sit through religious service per your school or employer mandate? Never, right?

And that is where the pushback is. It's not about being *who you are.* It's about forcing others to accept and uphold the lifestyle or else there are consequences.

Suppose that parent wants to pull the kid from school? Consequences. Suppose that employee refuses to take that diversity training? Consequences.

Conservatives want to be left ALONE. As in: left. ALONE. Not entirely sure why that concept is so foreign. Or so misunderstood.
So then everything you say proves what I initially posted... conservatives do care what others do. Not a foreign concept as dems feel the same way. And I don’t agree that marriage is a union only between man and women I was stating what religious people believe.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
So the. Everything you say proves what I initially posted... conservatives do care what others do. Not a foreign concept as dems feel the same way.

You've misread. Again. I'll simplify.

Conservative: Do what you want. Don't expect anyone else to congratulate you for it. Don't involve me in it. Don't expect me to pay for it.

Liberal: Do what you want as long I agree. I then will demand recognition and acceptance with every breath of your being to reassure me that I am awesome, ad expect you to pay me and support me financially for it. And if I don't agree with what you want to do? Then you can't do it either, and you are a homophobic, racist, bigot for even suggesting it. I will stalk you and your business, break windows and throw s--t at you till I get what I want.

Simple enough?

Old 07-23-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
You've misread. Again. I'll simplify.

Conservative: Do what you want. Don't expect anyone else to congratulate you for it. Don't involve me in it. Don't expect me to pay for it.

Liberal: Do what you want as long I agree. I then will demand recognition and acceptance with every breath of your being to reassure me that I am awesome, ad expect you to pay me and support me financially for it. And if I don't agree with what you want to do? Then you can't do it either, and you are a homophobic, racist, bigot for even suggesting it. I will stalk you and your business, break windows and throw s--t at you till I get what I want.

Simple enough?
You must be friends with Chuck. Lol

Old 07-23-2018, 05:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Insanity is in the air.

" An organization for lesbians has launched a formal online blast at LGBT activists for calling them “transphobes” and they want the LGBT coalition to drop the “L.”
The lesbians argue they are women attracted to women and there’s no room for men who claim they are women.
Biology does make a difference, a big difference, they insist, and it’s not enough to simply “identify” as being of a particular gender."

https://www.wnd.com/2018/07/lesbians...ved-from-lgbt/
Sigh. Constant conservative outrage about what people do in the bedroom. Find a new hobby.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:45 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
Quote:
You have it backwards.

Conservatives don't care what other people do as long as you don't make it mandatory that they accept, celebrate or participate. In other words, go do what you are going to do, just leave them alone.
EX: Don't want to go to their church? Not a problem.

Liberals are black and white to the point of violence and brainwashing. You must accept what they accept and you must hate what they hate. You are not permitted to have any other opinions except what they tell you to believe.
EX: Don't want to go to the gay rights parade? Well, you must be a homophobe, a closet gay who just hates himself because he secretly wants to be gay. We need to confront him and convince him to come out of the closet. It's for his own good.

The most systematic and hate-filled intolerance is coming from the left these days, not the right. The right want to be left ALONE. But the leftists cant have that, they need to convince everyone to group think. So they start poking and when they get pushback, then they yell SEEE? SEEEE?? See how intolerant they are? Where if they had minded their own business, there would have been no problem.
"The second paragraph of the United States Declaration of Independence starts as follows:"

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_men_are_created_equal

The laws created by our founding fathers state all people have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. But republicans fight to eliminate the rights of gay and transsexual people to get married, serve in the military, or to the use the bathroom of the gender they identify with.

And while republicans fight to not give rights to gay and transsexual Americans, the republicans claim liberals are brainwashing people. The only thing gay and transsexual people want is the same rights that heterosexuals have (and then to be left alone to achieve life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.)

Republicans refuse to give gay and transsexual Americans the rights guaranteed by America's laws, and instead republicans attack them and attempt to take away their rights as American citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies