Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2018, 09:58 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
A sitting President isn't supposed to be doing a lot of what he's doing. Are we holding him to the same standard? Why on Earth should Trump have clearance when he conducts his business in plain view of patrons of his private club?
huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Well - sometimes they have knowledge and info from past cases that may apply to present cases... or maybe they can advise younger agents...
That is why they typically kept their security clearance but this group of people made it well known they hate Trump and will not work with him, even working against him. So there is no reason for them to keep their security clearance.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:00 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The President of the United States is not to support a foreign adversary more than his Intelligence agency.

Talk about being pretty dumb....lol.

Trump politicized the Intelligence Agencies from day one. For him it has always been about HIM and not about the truth.

These people aren't speaking out against Trump because he's a Republican...it's because they truly are critical of HIM, Trump.

Just as critical as some of his supporters -- Graham, Gingrich, etc.....

Being spiteful is not presidential.

But it is Trump.
Swampy salty tears from angry leftists. Love it!!

Old 07-24-2018, 10:01 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I will be honest, I seriously thought that these guys lost their clearance when they left government. why that isn't SOP I don't understand. someone with a need to get clearance should be able to get it fairly quickly if they need it again but leave government leave "need to know"

and seriously we are currently giving "talking heads" on TV national security secrets? seriously? we are doing that?
There was one guy(can't remember his name) who was called back to work on a terrorist threat and worked for 6 months without pay.
They let them keep security clearance because of these things and when everyone is new in administration these people are occasionally brought back to help.

This is solely payback from Trump for those who disagree and speak out against HIM.

Sara also said Trump doesn't think they should benefit monetarily even though he and his entire family benefit loads.
Emoluments clause be dammed these days.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
So then what's the point of having clearance? So we agree, revoke the clearance to coincide with their lack of access.
Perhaps they have it in case they need to consult. Former FBI high ranking officers have helped in the past (in a time when they were still respected by the WH admins), but now that we are in an era where they are treated like enemies of the State, this kind public humiliation is the new norm. Trump hates them, so why should this be a surprise?

Old 07-24-2018, 10:02 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Well - sometimes they have knowledge and info from past cases that may apply to present cases... or maybe they can advise younger agents...
There are current employees in their old positions to do that. Do you routinely help out new hires at a job that you no longer work at?

Old 07-24-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
There was one guy(can't remember his name) who was called back to work on a terrorist threat and worked for 6 months without pay.
They let them keep security clearance because of these things and when everyone is new in administration these people are occasionally brought back to help.

This is solely payback from Trump for those who disagree and speak out against HIM.

Sara also said Trump doesn't think they should benefit monetarily even though he and his entire family benefit loads.
Emoluments clause be dammed these days.
Again, you are parroting liberal media.

That is why they typically kept their security clearance but this group of people made it well known they hate Trump and will not work with him, even working against him and going on national TV to undermine him. How can they work on the same team? So there is no reason for them to keep their security clearance.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:03 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,903,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I will be honest, I seriously thought that these guys lost their clearance when they left government. why that isn't SOP I don't understand. someone with a need to get clearance should be able to get it fairly quickly if they need it again but leave government leave "need to know"

and seriously we are currently giving "talking heads" on TV national security secrets? seriously? we are doing that?
I had a security clearance at my first job out of college at a "think tank" in DC. I only worked there a year then went on to work for state and local governments. About 10 years after I left the think tank, I needed to participate in meetings that required a security clearance and surprisingly mine was still active! Ffw another 10 years and again I needed the clearance; by this time it had lapsed and it took 6 weeks to get it re-activated. A colleague who had never had clearance was told it would take up to 9 months (this was just after 9-11).

Old 07-24-2018, 10:05 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
There are current employees in their old positions to do that. Do you routinely help out new hires at a job that you no longer work at?
I have. I still keep in touch with the people I used to work for.

Mean while SHS and the rest of the staff screwed the pooch. 2 of those people do not have security clearance.

Think they may want to check on their own status. They are not sure what it is.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:06 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
huh?
Your selective memory (or outrage) is tiring.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.70de8fa06c02

Or how about this gem;

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.cc38329b3089

Talk about someone who should have their security clearance revoked. Besides, he politicizes and tries to monetize EVERYTHING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies