Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 06:42 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And like the spoiled little brat he is, he chooses not to share.
Haha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 07:12 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Care to share the secret of just where you went to get your secret Donny Decoder Ring? Or does it come with the Kool-Aid?
Trump supporters have ears like German Shepherds. They can hear the dog whistle that the rest of us can't.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:30 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Trump's language, overall, is really the most un-American of any president.

The Egalitarians
Sophia Rosenfeld, The Nation

Donald Trump almost never utters the words “liberty” or “equality.” With little fanfare, he has abandoned perhaps the two most traditional and aspirational touchstones of American political life... With Trump at the lectern, what we get instead are references to deal-making, money, and a temporally unspecific kind of national greatness associated with being “tremendous” and, always, “a winner.” This entrepreneurial jargon is then mixed with words and images intended to stoke anger and fear...

https://www.thenation.com/article/the-egalitarians/
Trump's world vision is one of winners and losers, dog eat dog and anything goes. His world is one vast pyramid scheme. His lexicon reflects that.

He doesn't view his fellow citizens as fellow travelers or brothers and sisters in the struggle of life, to Trump people are fertile fields to be plowed.

One does not entrust the henhouse to the chicken thief.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:36 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Trump's world vision is one of winners and losers, dog eat dog and anything goes. His world is one vast pyramid scheme. His lexicon reflects that.

He doesn't view his fellow citizens as fellow travelers or brothers and sisters in the struggle of life, to Trump people are fertile fields to be plowed.

And "there's a sucker born every minute".

Old 07-25-2018, 07:41 AM

8,679 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

Donald Trump almost never utters the words “liberty” or “equality.”

too many syllables for Trump.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:38 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

Were you thinking about saying, "not entrust the henhouse to the fox", perhaps? And then realizing that foxes are regarded as being very smart?

Old 07-27-2018, 06:19 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Not that Trump is any great orator, though he seems to be able to get through to his audience, I imagine if all of us had recordings of most of our day-to-day conversations, there would be some real doozies.
Very true. He uses small words, he avoids providing complex information (indeed, he probably can't understand complex information himself), he panders to the audience by telling them they're smart, and they probably enjoy the mean jabs and the vulgarities, too.

It's sad to think that once upon a time, Americans - even less educated ones - loved having smart, eloquent, competent presidents. When FDR spoke, it was clear that he made no effort to pretend he was one of the masses, and he didn't pander. But people on even the low-end of the socio-economic scale, loved him and said it felt as if he were speaking right to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Wow! Another round of meaningless LWLT blather. And yet, Donald Trump is still President.
Yes, Trump is still President.

That's because, even though Trump himself disdains the the law - whether it's a matter of his skirting racial regulations or suggesting the extra-judicial assassination of Hillary - this country still operates on the basis of law. This is why he hasn't just been dragged out so far, as would have happened in other countries.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:51 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
He is a very stable genius with ine the highest IQS and the best words. On a serious note, take away his grandstanding and theatrics and it's amazing to try to decipher his incredible use of language.

“Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart —you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”
Trump supporters understand this? Then there is a decoding sheet that the majority of the voters didnt receive when they voted obviously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies