Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 12:32 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I think it is more than that. With all of the liberal and globalist rhetoric, I think they have convinced themselves that it is their duty to do their part to bring down this president. So much that they have completely forgotten what their ACTUAL duty is, as journalists.
they tried to do that even before he was elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 12:34 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Republicans are living in their own bubble because they don't realize how unpopular Trump is outside of his base. He's the most polarizing President in many years if ever.
He's not a polarizing President at all.

He's the President of a country that Lefties like you have polarized. The polarizing nappened before the election.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:35 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I am a conservative but think concrete populist ideas would help Democrats (even if I personally would disagree with many of them). What is hurting Democrats is Russia Russia Russia all day everyday. That will not motivate people to vote.
These are their top issues

It’s all a desperate attempt for them to gain political power as opposed to anything that actually benefits legal American voters /taxpayers.. and illegal aliens aren’t Americans .

Russia
Abolish ICE
Impeach 45
Stormy Daniels
Open borders /sanctuary cities

Old 07-25-2018, 12:55 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Are you sure you want go around bragging using that statistic? All that means is that Republicans will vote for a Republican. Oh, and that 88% of Republicans are suckers.
“Bragging about it”? That is a strange way to put it. After all, it is not my approval rating.

But it is a fact that some of your contemporaries seem to be in denial about. They find it easier to handle believing that some small faction of the Republican party supports President Trump. It’s pretty much the whole Republican Party.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:04 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Not much of a fan of Trump but if he somehow wins the trade war and we come out of it with more open markets I’ll be impressed.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:04 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Great article by Joel Kotkin that breaks down Democrats moves to the left and how it can alienate many of their voters .

——
In their anti-Trump fervor, the Democrats have embraced leftist positions that weaken their prospects in 2018 and, perhaps even more so, beyond. This leftward shift was evident in scores of elections around the country as well as here in California where the party endorsed climate activist and open-borders advocate Kevin De Leon over longtime centrist, and still heavily favored, Sen. Dianne Feinstein.

The lurch to the left could become particularly problematic if the economy, always a big if, holds up. Right now almost two-thirds of voters think the economy is in good shape, according to a recent YouGov poll. To be sure, Trump’s approval ratings are not great, but not much worse than those at the same stage of their presidencies as Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush and Barack Obama, all but one of which was re-elected to second term

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/07/2...n-re-election/

Hear this all the time.

What it really tells you is that the writer is seeking discourage Dems from doing what they are doing.

How do i know?

Well if you thought the dems were REALLY doing something that was helping Trump you would keep it super duper secret, say nothing and hope the dems don't figure it out.

But instead what are the Cons doing? They are broadcasting 24/7 that dems are hurting themselves when they say "russia" etc.... if ya thought it was helping you would not be shouting it from the rooftops.

The reality is Trump will be very lucky if he serves his term and the cons will be very lucky to hold the senate. Everyday you guys lose a few and we gain a few.... Trump's betrayal of the nation, his Trade war his tax cuts for the 0.01%, his baby prisons his paying off strippers and so on are all millstones dragging the party and trump down.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:09 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Yeah tell Kate Steinle’s family immigration isn’t “a big deal “ and we shouldn’t worry about illegal immigration .
You worried about families temporarily separated ? How about permanently?
How can someone be deported 10 times and keep coming back to the country ? It becomes a joke to them .
Also as I mentioned before Dems like bill Clinton and Obama would talk about the negatives of illegal immigration ... but then the Dems decided to pander to Hispanics once the population went up . They know many legal voters have illegal alien family members so they are trying to be sympathetic to illegal aliens to play to their emotions .

Yeah I know there are vocational programs for trades at community colleges .

The Medicare thing is probably the best issue the progressives do have I agree .

Note - I'm not a liberal and don't care anything at all about immigration. So what all the "you's" directed at me is not important.

My initial post to you was true in regards to the fact that what you think liberals view as "important" to them really isn't important to them. You listening to and following a lot of media and them showing sob stories doesn't mean liberals care all that much about immigration at all. I'm not a liberal, though I do have some liberal leans - I don't care about immigration and feel we have enough immigration laws. However, I am a decent person and don't agree with separating babies from their parents or acting like all people at our border are criminals. I don't believe rash generalizations of immigrants, just like I don't believe or buy into rash generalizations of liberals OR conservatives.

You bringing up Clinton and Obama has nothing to do with what I said. Also Obama got a lot of flack from liberals for jailing families together (he put parents and kids in detention centers together) and for having a high amount of deportations. So some immigrant communities were mad at him about that - but not all liberals. As noted above I think you are just being too invested in what media sites you follow. You shouldn't believe all liberals believe or want the same things or are similar to west coast depicted liberals in particular. They are not the mainstream liberal. I know a lot of them and I know a lot of conservatives.

The Medicare thing will be the biggest issue IMO that they cite and it will be brought up to counter Trump's lies about replacing Obamacare with something "better." They'll promise to provide something "better" in the form of Medicare for all. Many conservatives who don't like Trump IMO would actually vote for candidates who can and would support implementation of Medicare for all.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Not much of a fan of Trump but if he somehow wins the trade war and we come out of it with more open markets I’ll be impressed.
Win?

There are no winners in Trade wars , which is why we have the WTO and which is why we were building TPP before dumb dumb Trump left it.

TPP was a dozen nation deal that would have held China to the fire. It was designed to put maximum pressure on China, all their top trade partners working as one to force China to play fair.

Instead dumb dumb Trumpy, decides to abandon that and start a Trade war with China all by ourselves. We could have had Japan, SK, US and a dozen other nations lined up to put the big squeeze on China, and China could not have done a damn thing because it would not have been one nation doing it but the entire group.

This is why Trump is a hack, a joke a wannabe. Trump lied or just did not understand TPP, his fans loved th idea of "burning it down" and now look what they got instead.

US . VS .China, EU , MEX CAN.

it should have been

US, Japan, south Korea, Vietnam , Canada, Mexico, NZ, Chile, Australia and others.. . VS. .China.

but trump ducked it up and decided the US should fight all alone and against lots of nations at the same time.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:17 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
Quote:
Great article by Joel Kotkin that breaks down Democrats moves to the left and how it can alienate many of their voters .

——
In their anti-Trump fervor, the Democrats have embraced leftist positions that weaken their prospects in 2018 and, perhaps even more so, beyond. This leftward shift was evident in scores of elections around the country as well as here in California where the party endorsed climate activist and open-borders advocate Kevin De Leon over longtime centrist, and still heavily favored, Sen. Dianne Feinstein.

The lurch to the left could become particularly problematic if the economy, always a big if, holds up. Right now almost two-thirds of voters think the economy is in good shape, according to a recent YouGov poll. To be sure, Trump’s approval ratings are not great, but not much worse than those at the same stage of their presidencies as Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush and Barack Obama, all but one of which was re-elected to second term

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/07/2...n-re-election/

Shhhhhhh!......

Old 07-25-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Note - I'm not a liberal and don't care anything at all about immigration. So what all the "you's" directed at me is not important.

My initial post to you was true in regards to the fact that what you think liberals view as "important" to them really isn't important to them. You listening to and following a lot of media and them showing sob stories doesn't mean liberals care all that much about immigration at all. I'm not a liberal, though I do have some liberal leans - I don't care about immigration and feel we have enough immigration laws. However, I am a decent person and don't agree with separating babies from their parents or acting like all people at our border are criminals. I don't believe rash generalizations of immigrants, just like I don't believe or buy into rash generalizations of liberals OR conservatives.

You bringing up Clinton and Obama has nothing to do with what I said. Also Obama got a lot of flack from liberals for jailing families together (he put parents and kids in detention centers together) and for having a high amount of deportations. So some immigrant communities were mad at him about that - but not all liberals. As noted above I think you are just being too invested in what media sites you follow. You shouldn't believe all liberals believe or want the same things or are similar to west coast depicted liberals in particular. They are not the mainstream liberal. I know a lot of them and I know a lot of conservatives.

The Medicare thing will be the biggest issue IMO that they cite and it will be brought up to counter Trump's lies about replacing Obamacare with something "better." They'll promise to provide something "better" in the form of Medicare for all. Many conservatives who don't like Trump IMO would actually vote for candidates who can and would support implementation of Medicare for all.
Koch boys won't stand for medicare for all, it gives the workers far too much power.

If employees could have full healthcare coverage with or without a job, employers would lose their most important bit of leverage...

Koch boys want to see every man woman and child working themselves to death from cradle to grave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies