Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 10:43 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times

Advertisements

I voted for Trump and I like the way he sees a problem, and tries to solve the problem. A businessman’s approach to problem solving. Do I think he can be crass? Yes. Do I find his ego over the top? Yes. I think deep down, he’s a kind and caring person.

I mostly just sit back and enjoy the show. It’s especially a guilty pleasure to watch the Liberals go nuts, and more and more Democrats go down in flames in local elections. They seem like bad people to me, while they look at us conservatives the same way. It’s a puzzlement to me how we all look at the same set of facts, and one group sees it one way, and the other group sees the opposite.

It will remain to be seen what the outcome of the Donald’s presidency will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 11:23 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I read that. It basically says Trump supporters will forgive him anything because their devotion to him is beyond logic. he's more like a religion for them.

Sounds like the 8 years prior to him....

Old 07-25-2018, 11:25 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I voted for Trump and I like the way he sees a problem, and tries to solve the problem. A businessman’s approach to problem solving. Do I think he can be crass? Yes. Do I find his ego over the top? Yes. I think deep down, he’s a kind and caring person.

I mostly just sit back and enjoy the show. It’s especially a guilty pleasure to watch the Liberals go nuts, and more and more Democrats go down in flames in local elections. They seem like bad people to me, while they look at us conservatives the same way. It’s a puzzlement to me how we all look at the same set of facts, and one group sees it one way, and the other group sees the opposite.

It will remain to be seen what the outcome of the Donald’s presidency will be.
Overall, not a bad post. But I almost spit out my drink when I read "...deep down, he's a kind and caring person"

He's kind to himself and cares about himself. No one else. That's why they call him a narcissist. That's why he cheated on all three wives without remorse.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:42 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well we were John McCain's thumb away from a major step in that direction?

Wrong. That was McConnell's healthcare bill which Trump called mean. Then came Ryan's healthcare bill which didn't go anywhere. We are still waiting on Trump's glorious healthcare bill. So where is it or did he just lie about it?

Old 07-25-2018, 11:43 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Which campaign promises has he fulfilled?
Nearly all of them

Old 07-25-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Wrong. That was McConnell's healthcare bill which Trump called mean. Then came Ryan's healthcare bill which didn't go anywhere. We are still waiting on Trump's glorious healthcare bill. So where is it or did he just lie about it?

We would not be here waiting for the great health care bill if Obama would have made his promise come true about covering ALL Americans.....So where is it or did he just lie about it?

Old 07-25-2018, 12:22 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
We would not be here waiting for the great health care bill if Obama would have made his promise come true about covering ALL Americans.....So where is it or did he just lie about it?
What you're talking about is medicare for all, chuck.

Pubs could pass it tomorrow.

Why won't they?

Old 07-25-2018, 12:30 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I got this far... will continue reading. While I don't share the vantage point of the writer, the below is what I have been saying since the election of Trump. The left (both national politics and on this board) just do not get it. Our dislike for hard left politics vastly out weighs anything they may say about Trump.

These “reluctant Trump voters” were undecided until the very end of the race, but ultimately decided that the devil whose policies they liked was better than the devil whose policies they didn’t.

Democrats have done nothing since Trump’s election to reduce these feelings. On issue after issue the Democratic party has moved to the left, catering to a progressive base outraged at Trump’s election and seething at how the Democratic establishment foisted a fatally flawed candidate upon them.
Yeah, Trump was elected because voters preferred his policies. It's as simple as that.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:35 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
And it's an op-ed.

I think that liberals are aware that Trump's small rabid base doesn't care about him colluding with a foreign enemy or caging children or the lies or meltdowns or whatever else is going on at any given time. They drool over him because he says what they want to hear. Their efforts are for the non-voters, the on-the-fencers, and the traditional conservatives who don't support Trump (i.e. the majority of Americans).
Exactly.

Facts, logic, and reasoning is not going to change the minds of those who march with tiki torches chanting Nazi slogans, waving swastikas, and assaulting random citizens.

Nor are facts, logic, and reasoning going to change the minds of those who post constant hateful BS.

Trump posts insults and lies and they celebrate.

It's not so much that they support Trump and what he's doing, but more like they get off on being nasty to others.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
What you're talking about is medicare for all, chuck.

Pubs could pass it tomorrow.

Why won't they?

I know you are old, and have a hard time remembering, but here is what he said:

"My plan begins by covering every American" Signed obama

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-u...lth-care-plan/

If it was that easy, then when Obama owned the house and senate, why did he not do that then, instead of provide this huge never read bill?

Grubber, is that you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies