Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 11:34 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Scroll to 4:30 in the video and listen for 20 seconds.

Rosenstein stated that there was no allegations that votes were changed and the investigation was ongoing.

I'm not sure how you got jumped from that to Rosenstein saying votes were not changed.

The investigation is ongoing and at this time there is no allegations that votes were changed.

He didn't say that votes were not changed, only that the allegations at this time did not include that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 11:41 PM

It is a lie that the electronic voting machines can't be hacked.

2017 Def Con computer security conference - "Organizers challenged attendees to hack into a variety of 30 different voting machines used by election officials around the country."

Within 24 hours, they hacked every single one.

"A 16-year-old hacker broke into as ExpressPoll voting machine used by Georgia in 45 minutes. Another cyberhacker showed how he could change votes in the WINvote machine used in Virginia, Pennsylvania and Mississippi, with only a computer, a mouse and a Microsoft Word document, as long as he had the password. But the hacker soon discovered that WINvote machines all had the same password."

"The password, which could not be changed, was (you might want to take a deep breath) “abcde.”

https://www.theroot.com/evidence-sho...cti-1827871206

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 07-26-2018 at 11:52 PM..

Old 07-26-2018, 11:42 PM

Speaking of Georgia,

https://twitter.com/mikefarb1/status...18223302303744

Old 07-26-2018, 11:51 PM

During the 2016 election, in Detroit more than a third of precincts tabulated more ballots than the number of voters tallied by the election workers.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ncts/95363314/

Old 07-26-2018, 11:54 PM

"Diebold became the most infamous name in the industry in 2003, when its CEO, Walden O’Dell, a top fund-raiser for George W. Bush, made a jaw-dropping public promise to “deliver” Ohio’s electoral votes to Bush. "

"The voting-machine industry over the past decade or so is now dominated by a handful of secretive corporations with interlocking ownership, strong partisan ties to the far right, and executives who revolve among them like beans in a shell game."

https://harpers.org/archive/2012/11/...an-election/5/

"Three companies that make computer voting machines: Diebold, Sequoia and Election Systems and Software (ES&S), all of which are owned by big GOP contributors."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/10081...-aaron-bandler

Old 07-27-2018, 05:27 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,035,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I understand all of that, but I would think that they investigate those machine before they are wheeled into the polling places. And, I see no reason why someone at those polling places would plug a machine into the internet while the machine is available to be used, especially since they also know what you say can happen if it's plugged into the internet.

I'm not so sure you understand my last sentence but this is what happened at those Iranian nuclear facilities. The Iranians didn't know what was going on, a cyber security tech discovered it half a world away and they eventually figured out it's purpose. It was autonomous and was specifically designed to go after a specific piece of computer equipment, once it infected the machine it sat there and waited until a specific set of circumstances were met. If you want to understand this a little more do some research on Stuxnet.

These voting machines should never be connected to anything other than closed network and devices within a system just how a classified system/network is run.

What I have suggested previously is that these machines are standardized across the entire country and I hate to say it but manufactured by the government. This would be a good job to be overseen by the NSA. Software and hardware should be open development and what that means is anyone can examine the hardware or software being used. Each machine should also have a paper trail where the printed results are displayed to the voter before they leave the booth. Randomly audit them to insure the paper results match the electronic results.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:19 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,053,611 times
And if you think the Russians did it or this was the first time it was done, please fill up your bathtub , get in and stand on your head until we tell you to stop.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
And if you think the Russians did it or this was the first time it was done, please fill up your bathtub , get in and stand on your head until we tell you to stop.

As I already noted trying to influence an election is one thing, changing votes would be an act of war. I doubt they would cross that line. That doesn't mean someone else won't in the future or hasn't already. The issues related with these machines need to be addressed.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-27-2018 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 07-27-2018, 07:12 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,830,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
Evidence Shows Hackers Changed Votes in the 2016 Election But No One Will Admit It

The current count of states affected by the hacking is now up to 21.

The only reason for an electronic voting machine not to produce a paper output is to allow the results to be changed. There is no other excuse.

Even ATMs produce a printed receipt.

The GOP is invested in denying the Russia allegations. Any acceptance of them leads to invalidating the 2016 election and exposing any role the GOP itself had in this hack, suppression, etc.

tell me my friend, how does one hack into and change the votes in a voting machine THAT IS NOT CONNECTED ON ANY WAY TO THE INTERNET???

Old 07-27-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
tell me my friend, how does one hack into and change the votes in a voting machine THAT IS NOT CONNECTED ON ANY WAY TO THE INTERNET???

The same way you destroy centrifuges located in a nuclear facility that is isolated from the internet. An "air gap" certainly enhances security of a system but it's not bullet proof especially if strict security protocols are not being enforced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies