Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 09:00 AM

27,565 posts, read 28,665,617 times

Advertisements

Facebook gives new meaning to the phrase jump the shark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 09:00 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Twitter falls as much as 18% in pre-market trading after reporting decline in monthly active users - CNBC
I cancelled my Facebook account, and I have since found out my adult children have all cut back some. If I have an announcement to make I can always text the family on my phone.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:12 AM

1,239 posts, read 510,479 times
Quote:
The #FakeNews media has gone as far as to say Infowars is promoting “child endangerment” and “hate speech” in an attempt to have Google and Facebook shut down our channels -

https://www.infowars.com/cnn-lies-about-banned-inf...#1a #USA #Infowars
They posted a video of a child being abused.
It's against Youtube's TOS.

I don't waste my time arguing about the stupidity of Infowars and those that watch it, but the way Infowars deals with children is absolutely abhorrent.

They push the bull**** about Pizzagate, and how we need to protect the kids.
But they are Sandy Hook deniers, call kids involved in shootings Crisis actors, and post videos of children being assaulted as jokes.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:29 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Yesterday proved, INFOwars has a grassroots following WORLDWIDE, bigger than anyone imagined.
That is just sad, for many reasons.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:38 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Ah, right-wing lunacy and hypocrisy at their finest.

Bigot wedding cake bakers refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple: the far-right loves this and trumpets how businesses should be able to "do whatever they want."

Facebooks bans a right-wing liar and hate-monger: the far-right hates this, forgetting their previous claim that big businesses should be able to "do whatever they want."

Tough luck, righties. Maybe if Alex Jones was anything more than an ignorant, lie-spewing, far-right liar, Facebook would consider keeping him around. But don't worry - there are plenty of other places on the internet with no standards for truth or integrity that'll be happy to have Mr. Jones and his idiot agenda.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
They posted a video of a child being abused.
It's against Youtube's TOS.

I don't waste my time arguing about the stupidity of Infowars and those that watch it, but the way Infowars deals with children is absolutely abhorrent.

They push the bull**** about Pizzagate, and how we need to protect the kids.
But they are Sandy Hook deniers, call kids involved in shootings Crisis actors, and post videos of children being assaulted as jokes.
Infowars is right-wing, fact-free sleaze. Their lies are disgraceful, and their eagerness to take it out on kids just to push their far-right agenda is disgusting. They are an utter sham and a prime example of what happens when idiots on the internet gain a following.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I don't want any entity deciding what I should see or not see. Private or government.
Private media organizations have the right to make the decision. Otherwise, we'd have people posting snuff-films and claiming that they have the "right" to force media companies to post them online. Nonsense.

The First Amendment does not entitle you to an audience, nor does it force other people to distribute or sell your drivel. If Alex Jones wants to spew lies and hate, which is technically his right (or "far-right" in his case), he can do that. On his own nickel, or with the corporation of a media distributor that has no problem being associated with a lying, hate-mongering scumbag like him.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:48 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Facebook ready to meddle into the 2018 elections: Woman Startled as Her Facebook Page Appears to Endorse Politician She Doesn’t Like

https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/wo...e-doesnt-like/

What is the big deal, I go on YouTube, and a video by Trump shows up and asks me to take a poll supporting him. Yeah, THAT might happen !

Old 07-27-2018, 09:50 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,491 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWd6XgBVIcg

Old 07-27-2018, 10:14 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Follow the rules, you don't get dinged.

Even a moron like Alex Jones could figure that out.
The problem here isn't necessarily Alex Jones/his character.
The subjective view of his content, when you the user get to report for any reason you want and the company follows through...

Had the tables turned and say, the Young Turks the lefts equivalent of Info Wars was hit, the same thing would have happened. Maybe more so than a 19% kick in the wallet.

There's a big problem with censoring on the basis of my girl lost so I will be a menace and flag anything I deem right wing as inappropriate vs legitimately reporting for a legitimate reason.

How is this for hypocrisy?

4 gun groups I was in on Facebook got infiltrated. All 4 were shut down. It wasn't like people were listing firearms for sale, they just posted sales deals, discussed builds, ammo performance, so on so forth.
All 4 were shut down on the basis of "violating Facebook Terms of Service"
Read their Terms, not 1 not 1 term was violated. Even if they tried a technicality of well, deals from an online retailer count as posting arms for sale, no, that would apply to manufacturers and merchants. A private user who happens to list say a complete upper receiver for 199.99 with free shipping that they had just bought, is neither a paid representative/employee of the merchant/retailer that listed it. Nor is it a firearm.

Where's the hypocrisy?

There's a group/page called the Assault weapon buy back page.
They post that they will pay fair market value for firearms.

That one does violate Facebooks terms of service, for it advertises they will deal in the business of buying firearms.

Yet that page after being reported by me and thousands of others from those groups still remains open.

Youtube did the exact same thing.
Demonitized channels. Erased content. The works. From firearms training, to review channels, to small time channels where someone is doing a build.

Wasn't an issue beforehand.

Youtube and Facebook are free to bend their rules and shut down what they subjectively don't like. That's fine.
What I find hilarious.
Youtube will state their reason for pulling a channels content for being a possible danger to children, profanity, etc, that channel won't have any swearing, any threatening verbiage recited.

Yet. There are anti gun channels that will have people ranting saying F the NRA they're endorsing the killing of kids we should beat anyone down in public wearing an NRA hat so on so forth. No equal enforcement of the same standards you axed pro gun channels with?

Okie Dokie then...

Just for fun I created 2 ghost accounts on facebook.

One was set up to be pro democrat/liberal.
The other pro republican/conservative.

I joined political groups corresponding with the accounts.
There were over 100k liberal groups, 10k specifically resist Trump and other anti Trump sentiments. I joined 10 of each. From 10 moderate to 10 outright unhinged.

Did the same with the Pro conservative groups.

Within the last 8-10 months.
Every conservative group I was in, was shut down. Or to avoid being zucced, had the name changed to something totally obscure.
One was renamed The Coalition of Knitting and Stitching something along those lines... status went from public group, to private group.

Not 1 left leaning group was affected. Even with threats of violence against Trump supporters, literal doxxing of Trump supporters or local republican figures. Click report. The post would be eventually taken down and the user not even given so much as a slap on the wrist.

My Pro Trump account had been reported and shut down for violating the terms of service re-Hate Speech. For a Pepe Meme with a Make America Great Again Hat.
Literally. A cartoon frog, with a smug smirk on its face wearing a Make America Great Again hat is considered "Hate Speech"? LOL okie dokie then...

I could understand if there were any racial insults along with it... but there werent. Just a simple photo of a cartoon frog with a Make America Great Again hat on.

So.
What have I established/concluded with my little expirament?

1. If you have apolitical views or liberal views, you have a pass to do/say/post whatever you want.

If you have libertarian or conservative views, you are guaranteed to be reported by the thought police for wrong think.

2. You can encourage physical harm/violence against people with a political view that differs from yours if you are liberal. You can even reveal identity and location of intended targets of violence. The worst that will happen is a post may be deleted.

If you post a video clip of moldy locks or antifa getting beat it's a 30 day ban post deleted for endorsing violence. Funny how that one works. You are simply reposting a recorded event. You are not making threats against those of a different political view, nor are you publishing their address.

3. If you despise the current administration you can post Kathy Griffin holding Trump's bloody head, you can post any F Donald Trump rhetoric. Not one infraction will occur. You can post fake news articles that are Anti Trump whether from main stream media or independent journalists, like the articles that CNN published that wound up getting people fired... nothing. Not even so much as the post being deleted...

If you are conservative and your only crime is supporting the president, it falls under hate speech or fake news. Even if the sources you post are not from Fox news. Independent journalism that tells the facts of events with literally no cut and dry left or right wing bias, will be considered fake news for it shows the current Administration in a positive light.

And firearms...
You have anything to do with firearms even if you have your account set to private and someone is offended by the sight of a firearm, you will have that content deleted.
I did it with a photo of an AK on the liberal account. There were no picture descriptions, no slogans, nothing. I recall 4 in an ultra liberal group bashing me as a conservative plant/ghost account. I simply said in that group, I support the 2nd amendment for it is a constitutionally protected civil right to keep and bear arms.
Some hippy berated me, yes a boomer, 62 years old. Claimed to be a Vietnam vet and how guns are stupid he's seen the damages first hand. How I'm hypocritical and he wants anyone who endorses the 2nd kicked out of the group.

2 other members came forward and said the had purchased pistols and concealed carry permits because they feared for their safety, that police are in on a fix and won't protect them in the event a rabid Trump supporter goes unhinged and cyber stalks them or doxxes them.

That Hippy and about 2 dozen millennial limp wristed soyboys brutally berated us.
We all caught 30 day bans. I did have a ton of screen shots to show it saved on a thumb drive. If I can find it, I would upload all of the content and prove the double standard and just how hypocritical Facebook and Youtube are in regards to what people post.

I can say this with 100% certainty.
For a side that calls for unity, acceptance, and tollerance, liberals are about the nastiest, most immature, hypocritical beings I have even encountered in my life.
If you do not tow the line of Trump Hatred, adopt the same toxic ideology of personal attacks, if you stray ever so slightly from what they deem as liberal view points...
You are accused of being a boot licker and Trump sympathizer.
Even if you are a Democrat gun owner. If you're a Democrat gun owner, on the book of faces, you are considered a Trump supporting hypocrite.
If you speak out against violence against others simply for a difference in political views. You are a Trump supporting fascist neo nazi.
What really got me in trouble...
They had a post in there a petition to sign to ban AR15s. What got me banned? Arguing with others reciting the FBI UCR facts that AR15s are classified as rifles. 374 deaths occurred with a rifle in year 2016. They falsely claimed that AR 15s were responsible for the deaths of THOUSANDS.
I even was polite about it too, stating guys that's not true, if we want to be taken seriously we need to go against conservatards with facts not opinions.

Arguing with the lemmings got me banned from the group then that account perma banned for get this...
POSTING FAKE NEWS! LOL Even with the screen shot and the link to the FBI UCR. Only because it significantly differed from their anti gun rhetoric. That's some mighty fine police work zuck... citing a legitimate apolitical source of statistics.

Claim you want unity and an end to divisiveness... yet engage in vehement anti Trump rhetoric and smearing and threatening harm against those that differ from your view points... then petition social media to scrub any political view points you disagree with? To delete content you feel, not think, since your side is not capable of critical thinking but emotional tirades, content you feel violates terms of service?
Okie dokie then.

Projection is a mother. It's hysterical the lengths of which liberals will go to manipulate social media platforms to suppress free speech, rule something as hate speech, violence, fake news, etc... The mental gymnastics required to play that game is astonishing. If you ever want to lose hope in humanity... spend a few weeks on liberal leaning Facebook groups LOL.
The memes aren't even funny. The left can't meme.
The threats of violence and doxxing and even calls for swatting is unreal.
Yes some people do want to reveal people's locations to call in to police to have them swatted! In my honest opinion that should be considered not just a felony, but felony attempted murder.

I'm not even arguing the basis of "fair"
I'm arguing the significant double standards that exist and how left leaning content gets a free pass, while right leaning content is subject to not only review, but subject to being scrubbed simply for a differing view.
Your credibility of being tolerant and accepting is 0 if you can defend one side doing what you accuse the other side of being guilty of.

But alas. In the real world, unlike social media... people are quite civil, happy, and polite. Basement dwellers butt hurt over the election are carrying alot of unnecessary stress for some odd reason and act online as though anyone with a slightly differing view is guilty of treason or is a racist etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies