Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 08:40 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Scroll to 2:50 -

"some of those jobs aren't coming to come back"

regarding Trump - "how are you going to negotiate" a better deal? ... what is he going to do? "Wave a magic wand?"

You hear what Obama says, and where we are today - and you can see how more more effective Trump has been.

Here are the cliff notes of the whole clip...

Union member asks what are we going to do - our jobs are leaving?

Obama answers - I've created the most manufacturing jobs since the 90s. Some jobs are going overseas because their environmental standards are lower (implying less regulations, less cost). Automation is happening. We will provide training for new jobs. Old jobs aren't coming back. Grow clean energy and new technology.

What Trump did - he has got people working again. He is making deals to help American workers. He is waving his magic wand. Result - unemployment down, people re-entering job force, GDP is up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 08:43 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

regarding Trump - "how are you going to negotiate" a better deal? ... what is he going to do? "Wave a magic wand?"

You hear what Obama says, and where we are today - and you can see how more more effective Trump has been.
Right. Some of those jobs will never come back. As for deals, we had a tariff-free deal with Asia, and with EU, and Trump threw both out the window, although it seems he is starting to change his mind and putting them back on the table before things get any worse.

We are not creating any more jobs than we have been in past 8 years, so I don't even know what you are referring to.

Old 07-27-2018, 08:48 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
What Trump did - he has got people working again. He is making deals to help American workers. He is waving his magic wand. Result - unemployment down, people re-entering job force, GDP is up.
Ummm ... I think somebody missed this.

Old 07-27-2018, 08:50 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:

Obama answers - I've created the most manufacturing jobs since the 90s. Some jobs are going overseas because their environmental standards are lower (implying less regulations, less cost). Automation is happening. We will provide training for new jobs. Old jobs aren't coming back. Grow clean energy and new technology.

Err... What exactly has he done?

Employment growth has dropped 12% since he took office.

Trade deficit increase 11.5 percent as of end of 2017.

Number of people on food stamps has grown by three million.

Federal debt rose 3% in the first year.

Old 07-27-2018, 08:53 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:

Show me the receipts.

I have little belief that Trump has done anything to stop the march of automation.

It is foolish to promise to bring back 1950 when that is never going to happen.

A better, and more realistic/sustainable, strategy for these good people is to invest in the retaining of them into new careers. Particularly in fields of the future.

Old 07-27-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I can't miss what I am not looking for... and I am definitely not looking for any real data from Maddow.

How many jobs were lost? Anyone can say jobs were created - but how many jobs were lost?

Whatever the case may be - it's different now, and the whole country knows it. Some like it... Others don't.

Old 07-27-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Err... What exactly has he done?

Employment growth has dropped 12% since he took office.

Trade deficit increase 11.5 percent as of end of 2017.

Number of people on food stamps has grown by three million.

Federal debt rose 3% in the first year.
Most of this is false. Food stamps is false. Trade deficits are declining. If debt is only up 3% - that's probably a decrease in the growth of the debt. The Obama term increased the debt almost 100% in 8 years. I'll take 3%.

Old 07-27-2018, 08:56 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
Quote:
I can't miss what I am not looking for... and I am definitely not looking for any real data from Maddow.

How many jobs were lost? Anyone can say jobs were created - but how many jobs were lost?

Whatever the case may be - it's different now, and the whole country knows it. Some like it... Others don't.
always love the trumpeters coming hot and heavy with facts and figures....

Old 07-27-2018, 08:57 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:

Yay! Another thread where you don't back up anything you say and run from defending your position. At this point, we know you don't believe what you're writing so why keep fronting and posting this BS?

Old 07-27-2018, 08:57 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
The data was not from Rachel Maddow. And as I noted in post #10 in that thread, even Breitbart acknowledged the slowdown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies