Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 10:53 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
This is literally sickening.

Why would we want to bring back all that brown haze hanging over cities?

Trump is truly a man set on destroying our planet (because Obama was for saving the planet). Must reverse Obama--the welfare of the country be damned.
Literally sickening it right. And so is Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 11:06 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why don’t we all just buy electric
I can't tow a skid steer with a prius or tesla. Nor a dump trailer full of concrete screenings or pallets of pavers.

To be viable for me, I'd lose towing and hauling capacity by having the added weight of hefty batteries to be practical.

Gasoline and diesel are more practical for me than electric is.

Quote:
No. You just plug them into an electrical outlet because it’s a battery that needs to be charged.
And where did that electricity come from?
Probably a coal fired steam turbine generator. Or a nuclear power plant.
Let me guess...

Meat comes from the grocery store too LOL

Old 07-27-2018, 11:20 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I can't tow a skid steer with a prius or tesla. Nor a dump trailer full of concrete screenings or pallets of pavers.

To be viable for me, I'd lose towing and hauling capacity by having the added weight of hefty batteries to be practical.

Gasoline and diesel are more practical for me than electric is.

Let me guess...

Meat comes from the grocery store too LOL
We have a volt and plug it into our electrical outlet in the garage. It’s no different from plugging in a lamp.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:21 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,144,780 times
Quote:
No. You just plug them into an electrical outlet because it’s a battery that needs to be charged.
Quote:
We have a volt and plug it into our electrical outlet in the garage. It’s no different from plugging in a lamp.

Wow!!! This reminds me of the person who asked, "Why do we need oil? We can all just take the bus."

Old 07-27-2018, 11:45 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Wow!!! This reminds me of the person who asked, "Why do we need oil? We can all just take the bus."
Why do you say that. My husband travels 2 hours a day for work in the city. He puts gas in his car maybe twice a year. And our electric bill has barely gone up. So what’s the problem.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:20 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,623,074 times
What’s wrong with these people ? They really do want to go back to the 50’s. Dump Trump and the whole Vile Republican Administration. They want to cripple this country not move it forward.

Old 07-28-2018, 03:02 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,028,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Ever hear of cars having a crumple zone? Front receives the full impact while the cabin is more enforced.

Those crumple zones are only as effective as the amount of structure used to construct them. Less structure equates to less absorption ability.

Secondly you ever hear of physics? All things being equal someone in a smaller vehicle is going to sustain more injuries when they hit a larger vehicle. Think along the lines of bat and a baseball, you don't want to be the baseball.

Old 07-28-2018, 03:13 AM

17,306 posts, read 12,233,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Well if the settlers of your area were at all sensible, they setup near running water. Which now provides power.

Old 07-28-2018, 03:18 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,028,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
What’s wrong with these people ? They really do want to go back to the 50’s.

I would suggest you do not rely on misleading titles/information. The standards that would be rolled back have not been implemented yet and with the rollback would still be higher than they are today.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:25 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Well if the settlers of your area were at all sensible, they setup near running water. Which now provides power.
Ocean waves?

There's no mountains or hills in Florida to make a dam...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies