Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 03:33 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times

Advertisements

Trump has just one dumb idea after another. This one was probably put in his little mind by Bolton who has been itching for another war since the last ones began.

Old 07-28-2018, 03:50 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
The 'Arab Nato' would be about as successful as getting the Crips, Bloods, MS 13, and Hell's Angels to sit down. Every December, I google for 'world conflicts.' Invariably 3/4ths of the conflicts around the globe have an Islamic country on at least one side; often both sides.

Old 07-28-2018, 10:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
FINALLY!!! This is the roadmap to getting us out of Obama & Bush's elective wars in Syria, Libya & Iraq. It's insanity that our troops are in these countries. Replace them with Arab coalition troops and bring ours home. Those troops would share geographical proximity, a culture, language & religion with the people they're trying to help. Let them keep peace when one of the Arab nations goes on tilt. It would make the US safer by not creating animosity towards us for being there, saving us money so we can right our financial ship & it would save the lives of many people, both US and Arab.
We could just walk outta the Middle East right now. Problem solved.

We don’t need to create an organization to do that.

Old 07-29-2018, 05:30 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,621,220 times
Trump will find out that he isn’t the genius he thinks he is. He needs to stay out of it...

Old 07-29-2018, 06:01 AM

27,127 posts, read 13,424,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd[B
][/b]

I'm not selling anything what I was referring to is how Britain, France, Russia and since 2001 the USA has been trying to influence/ invade/ sway the people of the Middle East to bend toward their Western ways and some form of Democracy and the majority of countries in the ME are not buying it.

I like the idea of a ME NATO as long as America is not required to dump vast sums of money into it.

The ME knows what it wants and we should back off.
You dislike the way countries have interferred but would be happy for yet more interference along secular lines, in relation to a Middle East NATO.

You think we should back off, but support the US becoming involved in a military alliance in the middle east, and one that may turn different muslim factions against each other.

The only thing that unites most of the middle east is a hatred of Israel, and it's an unstable region, that has been mired in civil wars, which hardly makes for a region that knows what it wants and does not exactly signal a unified front.

I am sure with the new pact though you can renew the traditional hatred between the Sunni Muslimi and Shia populations, thereby fanning the flames of sectarianism and division.

Why Donald Trump's 'Arab Nato' would be a terrible mistake | Guardian

As for Trump he has just spent the last three years attacking NATO and international alliances as well as free trade organisations, yet now he wants to support US involvement in this, in the middle east of all places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.