Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 06:44 PM

29,458 posts, read 22,432,285 times

Advertisements

About time, there's always gotta be someone that ruins it for everyone else.

Quote:
Publix is taking a stance against dogs. You can still shop with service dogs but they can’t go everywhere.

A manager at Publix says people are using these carts not only for food, but for animals. But new signs inside are hoping to change that.
Publix announces new service dog policy - Story | WOFL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2018, 06:51 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,030,222 times
It's about time something is done. It's bad enough seeing all the phony service dogs and the 'emotional support' dogs walking around in a food store but I don't want to take a cart that last had a dog in it. Liking the inside of the cart, drooling spit and it's ass rubbing on the metal. And then you have to place your food in the cart?

Old 07-28-2018, 06:53 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,746,205 times
I have no problem with someone who is blind or otherwise legitimately disabled having a dog to assist them to function. However, it DRIVES ME NUTS when I see otherwise healthy people using the excuse that they need a "support animal" to be able to get through the day. Give me a break !

It has gotten out of hand, some people even carry around a bird or snake and call it a support animal. One day , at a grocery store, I saw a guy with a dog, and the dog had his front paws up on the edge of the meat cooler and he had his head right in there with the meat ! The guy was no more disabled than me (and I don't want to hear the cries of "some disabilities are not visible ") because this guy just wanted to bring his dog into the store so it wouldn't be left in the car.

Good for Publix ! About time some store had guts and stood up to this ridiculousness.

Old 07-28-2018, 06:56 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,161,994 times
Agree X10000 and I am a dog owner. I love my dog but he doesn’t get to go everywhere with me. This isn’t France! They have made it bad for people with legitimate service animals.

Old 07-28-2018, 06:59 PM

1,406 posts, read 794,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
It's about time something is done. It's bad enough seeing all the phony service dogs and the 'emotional support' dogs walking around in a food store but I don't want to take a cart that last had a dog in it. Liking the inside of the cart, drooling spit and it's ass rubbing on the metal. And then you have to place your food in the cart?
I feel the same way about kids.

Thought I do agree, people need to stop bringing their dogs with them everywhere.

Old 07-28-2018, 07:08 PM

104 posts, read 59,804 times
I haven’t seen dogs at supermarkets. Is it really that common?

I guess they don’t want their stores to be like Petsmarts. It is obvious those animals relieve themselves in the stores because those stores always look and smell dirty.

Old 07-28-2018, 07:12 PM

22,619 posts, read 24,446,970 times
This sound quite horrible and mean.......what about people who NEED to have their
emotional-comfort-animal with them????

Old 07-28-2018, 07:19 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,053,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
This sound quite horrible and mean.......what about people who NEED to have their
emotional-comfort-animal with them????
They should do the same thing they did before this “emotional support animal” mania became fashionable?

Last edited by Gusano; 07-28-2018 at 07:32 PM..

Old 07-28-2018, 07:20 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,477,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
About time, there's always gotta be someone that ruins it for everyone else.

Publix announces new service dog policy - Story | WOFL
It's about time and all stores should do that and enforce it. People bring their little dogs everywhere.

Old 07-28-2018, 07:33 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,784,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene1999 View Post
I haven’t seen dogs at supermarkets. Is it really that common?

I guess they don’t want their stores to be like Petsmarts. It is obvious those animals relieve themselves in the stores because those stores always look and smell dirty.
I'll see one or two most times I am in a store and see the cart based "service dog" people. The worst part is stores just ask if it is a service animal and don't ask for paperwork. If you need an emotional support animal, just use the click and go options or get food delivered, most stores have one if not both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies