Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 09:21 PM

2,448 posts, read 892,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
"white privilege garbage". I don't understand why many on the right have a hard time accepting that white privilege is a reality. I am white and I can tell you all sorts of experiences I have had with African)Americans not being sold houses, not being considered for a church deaconship die to race, being asked not to treat certain residents in nursing home, out and out racism showing itself in conversation, on the job harassment, scientific studies showing that even in police training situations officers are significantly more likely to shoot innocent subjects of they are black (and we have all seen video proof of this phenomenon manifesting itself in reality...whether we like to admit it or not)etc. I can't believe that others haven't seen the same thing.
The right would be far more credible if many of them stopped responding to others pointing out that racism still is a major factor in society so dismissively. It is. We all know that.
As far the abortion issue it is not that clear cut. No matter what you believe on that issue a significant portion of the country disagrees with you...and does so on principle...not because they are amoral psychopaths.
As for the oceans of red...remember the Dems won the popular vote by several million votes...and a group of Midwestern states delivered the election to Trump thanks to fewer than 80,000 votes in spite of the Dems running the weakest candidate in decades...thirty thousand and change fewer than attend a typical Ohio State football game. So nobody can tell you which way the next election will go. The GOP has nly won the popular vote in a presidential election twice since 1988...in 2004 or 2016. So I think you are greatly overestimating the extent to which the American people harbor ny sort of disdain for the Democratic Party.
I'm "on the right," am I?

Your subjective, secondhand, anecdotal stories aren't good evidence. For the sorts of "systemic" (Gosh, I hate that word) discrimination routinely mouthed by folks on the Left to be true, we would have to have examples of companies after companies and individuals after individuals actively discriminating against groups of people. Where are all these organizations and people?

What a lot of folks and perhaps you don't like to hear is that these stories they've weaved are essentially big conspiracy theories. The "school-to-prison pipeline," for instance, in which public school administrators and teachers conspire to punish black and other minority students more than white students. This can't be "implicit bias," because it has been discussed at schools for years now, so any staff discriminating against black students is cognizant of the current orthodoxy about the issue. It would be "explicit bias."

The evidence for this conspiracy theory? Disparities in who is suspended and expelled. It's disproportionately black students, just as with crime. Evidence that teachers deliberately target those students to account for those disparities? Zero, from what I've seen. I won't even be charitable to characterize this equation as scientific: disparities equals discrimination. Yet that sort of unscientific claptrap guides some public policy. Who are the specific administrators and specific teachers targeting black students? Don't hide behind nebulous terms like "systemic," name some names.

I'm tired of fellow Dems whining about the electoral vote. It's the system we have. The test here on whether you and others are making a good faith argument is whether you would be complaining right now if Hillary had lost the popular vote and Trump had won the popular vote and Hillary was elected. We both know the answer to that, so let's not waste anymore time on it. You also ignore how the party has been absolutely decimated in states across the country, from governorships to state legislatures. In my state, outside Milwaukee and Madison, Democrats are nearly unelectable because of the positions they take. That has resulted in the GOP controlling both houses of the legislature. It's happened many other places and what happens in the states has a bigger effect on our lives and this country than the president, regardless the derangement of the political tribes over Obama and Trump for the past nine and a half years.

Old 07-29-2018, 09:21 PM

1,406 posts, read 800,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Trump is a traitor, a fool, a monster, and a horrible human being on every level. He reflects everything that is wrong with America, wrapped up in one disgusting orange shell.
Funny how the tolerant, sensitive, "respect-and dignity-for-all left" has no problem mocking the physical appearance of someone with whom they disagree (Cheeto, Oompa-Loompa, etc). How very enlightened.

Old 07-29-2018, 09:25 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,033,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change

I find it funny that posters come to discuss their opinions about the writer, but they can't deal with the variables and factors within what written.

And I find it hilarious that you apparently have yet to come to grips with the reality that nobody who actually has a life to lead bothers reading your stuff, primarily because you are evidently consumed with a manic compulsion to use 1,000 words when about a dozen would suffice.

Just thought you'd like to know. You're welcome.

Old 07-29-2018, 09:29 PM

18,560 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Trump is right. How could you seriously disagree with what he says?

Old 07-29-2018, 10:30 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
When people complain about Mexicans and Central America Spanish Speaking People. a Question should come to mind?

Why is it that America which exist in the Western Hemisphere did not help the countries that exist in the Western Hemisphere? Why did America ship Jobs 8 thousand miles away, RATHER THAN invest in helping Mexico and Central America become economically stable and prosperous? It would have strengthened the entire Western Hemisphere where America Exist too!!!! Mexican and Central America people have long shown their support of America.

In this day and time, America would have a severe problem in Mexican Immigrant did not come and work the many fields that produce the vegetation and other jobs they are willing to do. Its a fact Americans love to go to the grocery store and find what they want, but they are certainly not in masses motivated to do the work that gets this produce to market, or the benefits of the many other jobs that Mexicans are willing to do.

The electric company has been using Mexican Immigrant worker to clear the over growth from around power lines all across this nation. Mexican people have always been an integral part in America's growth and development.

Much of the Housing Boom on the West Coast all the way to the Midwest, was built by Mexican immigrant labor.

If America had invested as much in Mexico and Central America as it invested in China, Not only would Mexico be prospering astronomically to a great level, it would also means America would be prospering greatly as a direct resulting reciprocal process. Today, Mexico ranks as America's third biggest trading partner. It would be 1st in direct relation with America as a western hemisphere partnerif America had considered to do in Mexico what it did in China.

Another question one might ask, is why do we claim Puerto Rico as a Territory, but treat it like an neglected orphan? If we'd invested in Mexico and other Central American countries, we'd also have invested in Cuba and they would not have had any governance systems with the challenges they have, because they'd have an economic base that is conducive to democratic reforms.

History has many elements that tell many stores of many truths if we investigate it, and do so in ways to learn that we avoid the mistake of the past, and not repeat creating them in the future.

Right today, if Mexico had taken kids from American parents who wanted to immigrate to Mexico, we'd be today, talking about going to war.... against Mexico based on that act.

We can't do what we want to others, in ways that we would not want done to American's.

Among many postive things about Mexican people, they are strongly family oriented people and they do anything for their kids, and that is something to be respected.
Because the globalists are communists. Hellloooooo? McFly?????

Old 07-29-2018, 10:37 PM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
The Changing Tide- America will Reclaim its Democracy
It already did, if you hadn't noticed.

The real question is whether the other half can accept that or whether they will continue to kick and scream and cry and throw a tantrum until "mommy" suspends the election so "Little Darlin' Collectivist" won't have to suffer through reality again. After all, there is no participation trophy for Little Darlin' Collectivist in the re-establishment of individual liberty and individual responsibility.

Old 07-30-2018, 01:47 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
Quote:
I force no one nor do I want to force anyone to read anything. Each user here is in full control of their own computer and what they do with it. I have many places to write, including my own blog and have been doing so for decades...
Your stories and such have more holes than Swiss cheese, this is one of the most obvious ones.

blogs havent been a thing for "decades"
they didnt make it to the masses until 2000ish, so you kinda need another 2 years or so to make 2000 to 2020.
I guess you can make the argument that they started 1998ish since that whats written by Wiki on it which would technically make your assertion correct, however the way you wrote your statement you are attempting to make it sound like you've been doing this for overly long time and was trying to hyperbole how long you've been writing this tripe.
how much are you paid by word? you stuff looks purposely over wordy.

Old 07-30-2018, 02:01 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
America is Awakened- There WILL NOT be a continuation of the devastation Trump and Republican have engaged...
"Devastation" is as far as I read. I skipped the rest of over four thousand meaningless words.
What "Devastation?" The booming economy?

Old 07-30-2018, 05:33 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
"Devastation" is as far as I read. I skipped the rest of over four thousand meaningless words.
What "Devastation?" The booming economy?
Maybe he's talking about the devastating Obamacare that has pretty much destroyed the private insurance market and all it's terrible residual affects like the loss of jobs and hours worked.

Old 07-30-2018, 05:46 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
As usual the OP tries to impress with another 10,000-word diatribe about taking power from White people.

Make plans Chance and Change, our President is here for the long term.

Learn to live among the majority. It will make your life easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies