Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 06:07 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
"white privilege garbage". I don't understand why many on the right have a hard time accepting that white privilege is a reality. I am white and I can tell you all sorts of experiences I have had with African-Americans not being sold houses, not being considered for a church deaconship due to race, parents threatening to disown a child or grandchild due to an inter-racial relationships,being asked not to treat certain residents in nursing home, out and out racism showing itself in conversation, on the job harassment, scientific studies showing that even in police training situations officers are significantly more likely to shoot innocent subjects of they are black (and we have all seen video proof of this phenomenon manifesting itself in reality...whether we like to admit it or not). Just last week I had a person advise me that I should avoid hiring any African-American home health aides to care for my 81-year-old mother whom we care for in our home...and who never had a racist bone in her body and raised me likewise. Last week. Not in 1954. Last week. Yes there has been progress, but I can't believe that others haven't seen the same things I have.
The right would be far more credible if many of them stopped responding to others pointing out that racism still is a major factor in society so dismissively. It is. We all know that.

Some school districts in Mississippi were actually having such an issue with inter-racial dating that they were actually refraining from having school sponsored proms in favor of private ones until just a few years ago. If we have all reached a point where we regard ourselves as being equal why would educational systems...of all entities...supposedly beacons of enlightenment..have an issue with something like that? So recently?
As far the abortion issue it is not that clear cut. The country is very split on that one...no matter what you believe on that issue a significant portion of the country disagrees with you...and does so on principle...not because they are amoral psychopaths. Right now about sixty percent of the American public supports abortion being legal in all circumstances and support for that position has been on an upward trajectory in recent years. In my view the public needs to come to more of a consensus on abortion being amoral before the government steps in to tell women they can't have one. After all, that is a very intimate issue involving their own bodies...an area in which the government should tread very carefully and lightly. With the country divided and a majority supporting the right to have an abortion, it is probably best that that remain a matter of individual conscience.
As for the oceans of red... the Dems won the popular vote by several million votes...and a group of Midwestern states delivered the election to Trump thanks to a cumulative margin of fewer than 80,000 votes in spite of the Dems running the weakest candidate in decades...thirty thousand and change fewer than attend a typical Ohio State football game. So nobody can tell you which way the next election will go. The GOP has only won the popular vote in a presidential election once since 1988...in 2004, eking out narrow margin in that one. So I think you are greatly overestimating the extent to which the American people harbor any sort of disdain for the Democratic Party.

Your examples as presented are as real to life as is walking and talking. Much of this stuff of denial commentary, I don't choose to respond to as I've stated my commentary.
People who don't want to change seek reasons to justify not changing, and they will again make claim they have been left behind, when fact is they continue to run backwards, trying to cling to the past. Some can't digest giving up the desires of white privilege.
If one reads the history of racism in America and the long history of Jim Crow Ideological guidelines fed to society, for some to awaken and change, would mean flipping their life over, and there are people who simply don't have the strength in integrity to do so.
Some likely fear that facing the truth would mean facing the truths about their own ancestry, and that is a big challenge for some. If one notes when people go to psychological counseling, the counselor goes back to their childhood, to find out what values they were taught, what influences that were groomed into them, and they work forward from there.

The denier's who seek to deny the reality of white privilege are not very historically literate, and no matter how much commentary and links to documented reality, they will fight it.
We probably have some who'd even come and deny that 100 yrs of segregation existed
. The sense of feeling "entitled" to white privilege has a long history in how it exist and why it exist and why so many think they feel entitled to its continuance.

Many of those fighting the truth, feel their entitlement mentality means they don't have to learn about or care about learning the truth. They simply cling to feeling entitled and assume that any truth is a lie, because they want to remain feeling entitled. Many of those holding such mindsets have actively passed this on from one generation to the next, and because its driven within the ideals of their family culture they resist any truths that address the wrongfulness of such feeling of entitlement, thus so, they continue pursuing and living with ideals of white entitlement.
When faced with the truth of "white entitlement's" negativity in society, they cry discrimination when they are not allowed to rely on white entitlement to give them first accessibility and first option.

As the OP commentary is not patronizing them, many who still desire white entitlement are instantly turned off and averse to reading anything that is not structured to patronize them. That too, is part of the Jim Crow grooming.

Quote:
Stetson Kennedy, the author of Jim Crow Guide (1990), offered these simple rules that blacks were supposed to observe in conversing with whites:
  • Never assert or even intimate that a white person is lying.
  • Never impute dishonorable intentions to a white person.
  • Never suggest that a white person is from an inferior class.
  • Never lay claim to, or overly demonstrate, superior knowledge or intelligence.
  • Never curse a white person.
  • Never laugh derisively at a white person.
Today, we see the amassing within the Republican Party, seeking to carry forth the ideals of the Dixiecrats who moved in and dominated the Republican Party in the late 1960's.

Why the GOP is and will continue to be the party of white people

Of all these things known, it does not lead me to mistreat anyone, those afflicted with such bias and bigotry likely are best handled with sympathy for their cultural illiteracy and racial ignorance, as long as they don't exhibit violent motivations or engage in violent acts. Proverbs 26:4; I choose is well worth heeding... therefore, many comments I simply don't respond to.

I do thank you (robertbrianbush) for your insightful commentary. It is well and it is good and certainly worthy of indulged support response.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 07-30-2018 at 06:24 AM..

Old 07-30-2018, 06:10 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
OP, I readily admit that I didn’t read your screed. I never do any longer. You post way too many of them, and frankly, they are just too damn long and difficult (poorly written) to read. That’s just a bit of constructive criticism for you.

Another reason is that they have become increasingly and boldly racist, and full of anti-white propaganda. You are taking advantage of the current “open season on whites” culture to vomit your own racism here - and a LOT of it. It’s quite appalling.

You have a lot of ugliness and conflict in your own heart that you ought to reflect and write about.

I hope the OP didn't lose his therapist's telephone numbed and the address of his safe place!

Old 07-30-2018, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Trump is a traitor, a fool, a monster, and a horrible human being on every level. He reflects everything that is wrong with America, wrapped up in one disgusting orange shell. And yet, he is the symptom, not the cause. The cause is the 1 in 3 Americans who will gladly sell out their nation and elect a man they wouldn't trust with their wallet or daughter because of their own ignorance and partisan politics. They value theocracy more than freedom, skin color over civil rights, and their own ignorance over science and facts. So, they'll keep voting for Trump - or whatever even worse candidate comes along later and says the right things - regardless of reality.

"regardless of reality"

You have NO room to talk!

Old 07-30-2018, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
TRANSLATION: President Trump really kicked our butts in Nov. 2016, and continues to do it on an almost daily basis ever since. And we haven't been able to figure out anything we can do about it, besides call him names, insult him, insult the American people, and keep telling the same lies that we have recited about every Republican president since Reagan.

BRAVO, well said!

Old 07-30-2018, 07:19 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Maybe he's talking about the devastating Obamacare that has pretty much destroyed the private insurance market and all it's terrible residual affects like the loss of jobs and hours worked.
Union busting and ALL the Members Unions once covered, that are "no longer covered" is a leading cause in what damaged Health Care Insurance...

Many people are alive today, thanks to ACA, and many are not thrust into bankruptcy and having lien's placed on their homes certainly appreciate ACA, as does those with pre-existing conditions are thankful they can be covered without discriminatory denial based on pre-existing conditions.

Old 07-30-2018, 07:26 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Apart from the hilarious text wall of the OP, the excessively broken English was enough to immediately relegate this thread to the "disregard" pile.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:23 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
And he was exactly right. Or, are you going to pretend that the rise of bold-faced, far-right bigotry under Trump hasn't happened, nor the constant right-wing attempts at theocracy, the endless hatred of minorities by "conservatives," and so on? Because you know all of that is happening right now, and the "stereotype" of the Trump voter is one well-earned in all too many cases; heaven knows their fact-free and hateful support of him in the face of everything certainly isn't changing that.

What Obama "thinks" about the backwoods of America does not matter - their own actions and beliefs, publicly seen and documented - condemn them. Obama just happened to sum up their bitter, backward hatred accurately.
Such a bitter person.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:24 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Such a bitter person.
That one sends up red flags with every post. Gonna end up the newspaper some day.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:25 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Such a bitter person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
That one sends up red flags with every post. Gonna end up the newspaper some day.

Agreed!

Old 07-30-2018, 08:26 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
I actually appreciate detailed arguments. Not everything can or should be reduced to a couple of paragraphs. Good writers never make their points in a lengthy fashion? I certainly haven't seen that to be the case.
Frankly what I see here is a poster taking the time to make detailed arguments and others countering those posts not in the spirit of debate but largely with high school level insults and personal attacks rather than engaging in an exchange or a discussion of ideas.
There was nothing there worthy of even debating. It was all a personal diatribe of hate and intolerance. That needs no attention paid. BTW, the post itself was full of high school level insults as usual from the resident Leftists here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies