Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 02:12 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,926,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Seems like there are different standards applied to Jews.
No
Different standards for good and bad discussions

Bad discusion: you can't wear a yarmulke in Paris
Better discussion: there were 92 reported violent antisemitic incidents in all of France last year. That's a 28% increase. *source

Old 07-30-2018, 02:17 PM

1,970 posts, read 2,713,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeisbol View Post
a not so subtle attempt to stir up anti-muslim sentiment.
bs

Old 07-30-2018, 02:28 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,781,714 times
Quote:
Sorry, but it's reasonable to want to find a country where one is less likely to be subjected to multiple antisemitic insults or slurs (to say nothing of direct attacks, which I agree are statistically unlikely). There are some areas in this country where antisemitism is more prevalent, and I would rightly avoid those places. Extrapolating that very reasonable approach, it makes sense that Jews leaving France in the face of rising antisemitism would want to identify countries where they are less likely to run into it again.

( I grew up in an area that had a lot of antisemites. The nearby country club was closed to Jews. I and my siblings were subject to nasty remarks in school and in the neighborhood. That's why my parents moved us....to an area with welcoming attitudes toward Jews.)
Have you ever been to France? Go to the search field and type in France. You will come up with thread after where people place the citizens of France as being the rudest people no matter what their religion. Maybe you should take the time and do some research on France and it's citizens in general and stop looking for antisemitism under every rock.

Here's some reading material for you to read:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyjse.../#263410237674

Last edited by Pruzhany; 07-30-2018 at 02:39 PM..

Old 07-30-2018, 02:48 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,517,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Have you ever been to France? To to the search field and type in France. You will come up with thread after where people place the citizens of France as being the rudest people no matter what their religion. Maybe you should take the time and do some research on France and it's citizens in general and stop looking for antisemitism under every rock.

Here's some reading material for you to read:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyjse.../#263410237674
Of course I've been to France, and yes, the people there were very rude. A girl sneered at me in the gift store for no reason. But surely you are not equating rudeness with violent murder of Jews, killed solely for their religion!

I am appalled by the attempt to diminish brutal attacks on Jews, which have been on the rise, as "looking under every rock." It is truly sad the way a Jew is slapped down for daring to express concern about increasing antisemitism in Europe, currently at the highest levels since WWII. As I said before, it's simply a way to suppress Jews from speaking up in their own defense.

It really is a form of a smack-down against Jews who speak up, and I see this happen elsewhere. In the face of some really awful antisemitic remarks, Jews are told to just be quiet about it. I fail to hear the same advice given to other minorities.

Old 07-30-2018, 02:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,638,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1
The US has increasing antisemitism?
Quote:
Yes, hate crime against Jews (who already have more hate crimes committed against them than any other religion, amazing when you consider how small their numbers here in the U.S.) have been on an uptick.
In 2014 there were 609 hate crimes against Jews according to FBI statistics with a slight rise over the next year or two.

And this is enough for you to write:

Quote:
Any country that at first seems like a good choice - Canada, USA, UK - has increasing antisemitism.
Much ado about nothing, it appears.

Old 07-30-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The US should allow Jews, Christians, and other groups under attack by radical islam to come to the US for temporary help.
And where in the US would you like to place a massive tent city with utilities and a infrastructure at? Do you think the UN will give the US Billions of dollars to take in refugees as they do in other countries?

Old 07-30-2018, 03:02 PM

17,608 posts, read 13,397,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

French Jews aren’t in any danger. Stop with the hyperbole.
I call BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/27/w...-semitism.html

Quote:
Nearly 40 percent of violent acts classified as racially or religiously motivated were committed against Jews in 2017, though Jews make up less than 1 percent of France’s population. Anti-Semitic acts increased by 20 percent from 2016, a rise the Interior Ministry called “preoccupying.”
Quote:
Many French Jews have voted with their feet. More than 50,000 have moved to Israel since 2000, compared with about 25,000 French Jews who left between 1982 and 2000.

Old 07-30-2018, 03:02 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,926,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-23 View Post
bs
I stand by my inference

Quote:
There has been a rash of horrible, antisemitic attacks against French Jews, including helpless children, at the hands of Islamic extremists who have entered the country. It's gotten so bad now that you can't wear a yarmulke in public in Paris,
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
there were 92 reported violent antisemitic incidents in all of France last year. That's a 28% increase. *source

Old 07-30-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Of course I've been to France, and yes, the people there were very rude. A girl sneered at me in the gift store for no reason. But surely you are not equating rudeness with violent murder of Jews, killed solely for their religion!

I am appalled by the attempt to diminish brutal attacks on Jews, which have been on the rise, as "looking under every rock." It is truly sad the way a Jew is slapped down for daring to express concern about increasing antisemitism in Europe, currently at the highest levels since WWII. As I said before, it's simply a way to suppress Jews from speaking up in their own defense.

It really is a form of a smack-down against Jews who speak up, and I see this happen elsewhere. In the face of some really awful antisemitic remarks, Jews are told to just be quiet about it. I fail to hear the same advice given to other minorities.
You may want to poll the people in this thread and research my handle. All the people here will state I'm the most pro-Jewish and pro-Israel on all of City Data. I deal with reality and not perceived reality and they all know it.

Old 07-30-2018, 03:13 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,517,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Thank you, Mike. As you can see, I've been appalled at how posters are brushing the horrible rise in French antisemitism under the rug, and berating any Jew who dares bring it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies