Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 04:28 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
There has been a rash of horrible, antisemitic attacks against French Jews, including helpless children, at the hands of Islamic extremists who have entered the country. It's gotten so bad now that you can't wear a yarmulke in public in Paris, and a friend of mine who is temporarily living in France was advised to have her child "hide" his religion for fear of bullying, or worse. (Link below shows how bad it is.)

The question is, where should Jews go to escape the antisemitism? The first answer that pops to mind is Israel, but there is so much targeted hostility for Israeli Jews, and, besides.... Iran is still threatening to annihilate Israel once it has nuclear capability....that it seems a poor choice.

Then there's the U.S., but antisemitism has been on the rise here as well. While the media gives ample play to isolated attacks from the far-right, the left has a large number of Farrakhan supporters and a pattern of refusing to disavow antisemtitic comments. And then of course we have anti-Israel boycotts on campuses, influencing the younger generation.

Other European countries? Antisemitism is spreading like wildfire, even in traditionally "safe" places like Denmark.

So, where? Which region is best?

https://nypost.com/2018/02/24/anti-s...out-of-france/
Why don't they just go to Israel? Plenty of Jewish people (verified on social media, no less), boast about Israel being the place for them and not allowing open borders in order to maintain their "homeland". So if a Jewish person in France is being harassed, (did none of these fools who voted to allow this think this through? Just what did they think would happen to the Jewish people when you let in all these middle eastern people who have a long, long history of hating the Jews?), then go to Israel. That's their land, they say, so go home. Go there.

Old 07-30-2018, 04:32 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You're appalled? In this thread you talk about double standards and blame everything on Muslims instead of the French government. So we already know where you stand. Where were people like you when a Arab teen named Mohammed Abu Khdeir was kidnapped by Jews had gasoline poured on him and was burned to death. You can't throw out the Jew hate card without throwing Arab hate card that happens in Israel. That situation appalled me and I'm Right leaning conservative.
Your hatred toward a Jew who is calling out rising antisemitism at the hands of Islamic extremists coming into France in massive numbers, along with your hostility toward Israel, tells me where you stand. Fini.

Old 07-30-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
To the poster who offered the helpful "BS" comment about not wearing a yarmulke in Paris, that right there is an example of a form of antisemitism - diminishing its existing or telling a Jew who says something about it that she's full if BS.

It so happens that it is bad throughout Europe, with many Jews removing their kippahs upon advice to hide their Jewishness.

And P.S. I'm relatively new here. How do I quote the string, as opposed to the last comment (which in isolation makes no sense)?

https://www.timesofisrael.com/will-e...-already-have/
Oh, is it? So then it works out to be anti-white or racism when someone tells a white man that what he experiences isn't true? Or does that only work for Jewish people? Because I've seen a LOT of Jewish people telling white people (again, on social media) that what they experience is not true, but they are the first ones to bleat about anti-semitism. If you disagree with a Jewish person on anything they start crying out "anti-semitism". No. It's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There are endangered minorities all over the world. Why is THIS one so important?

French Jews aren’t in any danger. Stop with the hyperbole.
It's agenda driven, Mr. desertdetroiter. It's all agenda driven, you know that.

Old 07-30-2018, 04:33 PM

309 posts, read 246,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Why don't they just go to Israel? Plenty of Jewish people (verified on social media, no less), boast about Israel being the place for them and not allowing open borders in order to maintain their "homeland". So if a Jewish person in France is being harassed, (did none of these fools who voted to allow this think this through? Just what did they think would happen to the Jewish people when you let in all these middle eastern people who have a long, long history of hating the Jews?), then go to Israel. That's their land, they say, so go home. Go there.
OP seems to have problem with Israel too she if afraid of Iran

Old 07-30-2018, 04:42 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
They are.

https://frenchly.us/french-jews-leave-for-israel/

https://www.cnn.com/2016/01/22/middl...ion/index.html

You make a great point though. Since the ties are so strong with Israel, it's surprising that they don't move there even without problems.

Old 07-30-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You are missing the point. You are being called out for being Islamophobic.
No. Islamophobia is bigotry toward Muslims. I am bigoted toward Islamic extremists who toss Holocaust survivors out of windows and stab Jews to death shouting with delight, "I killed my Jew!"

LIBERALS have become so focused on protecting Muslims from bigotry (and peace-loving Muslims should NOT be subject to bigotry) that they go to the extreme and crash down on anyone who condemns Islamic terrorism. At the same time, they criticize any Jew who complains about antisemitism until she learns her place....which is to shut up about it.

Old 07-30-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Puck View Post
OP seems to have problem with Israel too she if afraid of Iran
Well, Iran is threatening to bomb Israel out of existence as soon as they can. Obama paved the way.

Old 07-30-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
No. Islamophobia is bigotry toward Muslims. I am bigoted toward Islamic extremists who toss Holocaust survivors out of windows and stab Jews to death shouting with delight, "I killed my Jew!"

LIBERALS have become so focused on protecting Muslims from bigotry (and peace-loving Muslims should NOT be subject to bigotry) that they go to the extreme and crash down on anyone who condemns Islamic terrorism. At the same time, they criticize any Jew who complains about antisemitism until she learns her place....which is to shut up about it.
Oh ffs. They don't just torture and kill Jews. Why don't you just go ahead and admit to everyone what your agenda is here, because you act like only Jewish people are attacked. That is not even close to reality. Throwing out the words "antisemitism" "holocaust" and "bigotry" does not make your words any more correct.

If you had shown even an OUNCE of concern for ANY innocent French person, I'd be inclined to think that you actually cared about the people of France, but you didn't. You are only talking about Jewish people as if they are the only ones being attacked...which is so disgustingly, blatantly dishonest, it is hard to take anything you say seriously and not wonder what is your agenda here?

Old 07-30-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Oh, is it? So then it works out to be anti-white or racism when someone tells a white man that what he experiences isn't true? Or does that only work for Jewish people? Because I've seen a LOT of Jewish people telling white people (again, on social media) that what they experience is not true, but they are the first ones to bleat about anti-semitism. If you disagree with a Jewish person on anything they start crying out "anti-semitism". No. It's not.

It's agenda driven, Mr. desertdetroiter. It's all agenda driven, you know that.
I don't even know what agenda you are referring to, but it's probably some anti-Semitic conspiracy theory,

Quite a number of Jew haters on this thread.

Old 07-30-2018, 04:55 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
It’s liberals and Muslims that have made antisemitism trendy in the west.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies