Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 06:48 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Gates is a criminal and a liar, that’s why Manafort hired him.
Well you just made my argument for me. He is a criminal and the jury and judge will see him that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
I got a feeling this is going to be a fun thread to come back to later.
Agree. I'm a betting man and keep a crow in the cupboard.....just in case I need to bake a cake.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:49 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Actually the deception created and perpetrated by Gates makes him a jail house snitch in the juries minds....Here trust this guy...he was really close to Manafort and he won't lie about anything else.

HONEST.
Jailhouse snitchs put criminals in prison all the time. I know. Shocking.
Your argument is so much nonsense. This guy, plus a metric ton of evidence, and dozens of witnesses. LOL.

PLEASE go to the prediction sites where you can put your money where your mouth is so I can take your money from you.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Your argument is so much nonsense. This guy, plus a metric ton of evidence, and dozens of witnesses. LOL.
So you say. Are you in the courtroom?

Old 08-06-2018, 06:50 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,550 times
Quote:
Bwahahahhaa.

The deal involved him admitting to a TON of additional crimes, with the threat of his deal being thrown out if he lies. He didnt "voluntarily" reveal it-he was required to as part of the deal, and this is VERY common in these sorts of trials with a defendant taking a plea.

And the judge is just being a judge in a fast moving docket. The prosecution is utterly destroying the defense at the moment. There was even a real honest to gosh "ah ha!" moment when it was revealed that Gates was embezzling money from Manafort. Which makes it pretty much impossible to try and claim Gates was the mastermind behind it all when he had to steal tiny amounts of the accounts. NOT something the mastermind of something like this would do. And Manaforts defense team was relying on that to try and give Manafort a tiny chance. Thats gone now.

Manafort is toast.
Gates voluntarily revealed to the jury that he took a deal. I have learned that cases that look to be slam dunks are anything but. If it get's to a Jury anything can happen. However, the way Mullers team has been misstepping it's like they are still hoping for an 11th hour deal with Manafort.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:51 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Well you just made my argument for me. He is a criminal and the jury and judge will see him that way.
So Manafort hires a criminal and liar to do legal activities?

Old 08-06-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:

PLEASE go to the prediction sites where you can put your money where your mouth is so I can take your money from you.
I have a nickel reserved...just for you.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:53 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
It's quiet in here. I guess the paid posters are getting their talking points.
They are over in the "Manafort case will be thrown out" thread, lol.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:56 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Gates voluntarily revealed to the jury that he took a deal. I have learned that cases that look to be slam dunks are anything but. If it get's to a Jury anything can happen. However, the way Mullers team has been misstepping it's like they are still hoping for an 11th hour deal with Manafort.
Gates is required to reveal he has a deal. Thats normal for these things. And this is not the first time I have seen this nonsense where folks think this reveal is unusual. And Muellers team is doing fine. LOL.

Where are you fed this nonsense about the deal being revealed being bad? Because wherever you get that from is feeding you nonsense.
Quote:
I have a nickel reserved...just for you.
Currently where I do this the minimum is a dime given the 10-1 odds against Manafort. (Right up until Gates testified he had much better odds)

Old 08-06-2018, 06:58 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
So has the case been thrown out yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies