Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 08:17 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,178,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
moving in that direction.

...If it turns out I'm right whats your wager? "Skin that smoke wagon and get to work boy..."
He had 15 foreign bank accounts but checked the box no, beyond that why the need for that many overseas accounts. There is more than just tax evasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 08:17 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,221,390 times
Quote:

...If it turns out I'm right whats your wager? "Skin that smoke wagon and get to work boy..."
Are you reading the same news as everyone else?

HIs partner confirmed that he and Manafort conducted CRIMINAL ACTIVITY. At least 15 times.

His bookkeeper, testified SHE COOKED THE BOOKS.

In what world, does that seem like it's moving towards being thrown out.

If it IS, by some strange action, people should be outraged at the "justice" system, NOT celebrating it.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:18 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,528,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Bwahahahhaa.

The deal involved him admitting to a TON of additional crimes, with the threat of his deal being thrown out if he lies. He didnt "voluntarily" reveal it-he was required to as part of the deal, and this is VERY common in these sorts of trials with a defendant taking a plea.

And the judge is just being a judge in a fast moving docket. The prosecution is utterly destroying the defense at the moment. There was even a real honest to gosh "ah ha!" moment when it was revealed that Gates was embezzling money from Manafort. Which makes it pretty much impossible to try and claim Gates was the mastermind behind it all when he had to steal tiny amounts of the accounts. NOT something the mastermind of something like this would do. And Manaforts defense team was relying on that to try and give Manafort a tiny chance. Thats gone now.

Manafort is toast.
I wish I could have seen their faces when that has revealed.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:19 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,767,375 times
Quote:

The evidence shows Manafort’s guilt. Those around Manafort are admitting guilt. Yup, this case is getting thrown out.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:20 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Actually the deception created and perpetrated by Gates makes him a jail house snitch in the juries minds....Here trust this guy...he was really close to Manafort and he won't lie about anything else.

HONEST.
It’s not quite the same, if Gates lies he goes away for years.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:21 PM

Money Laundering and Tax Evasion, pffft, big deal, no one ever goes to jail for that./s

Old 08-06-2018, 08:24 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,848,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Are you reading the same news as everyone else?

HIs partner confirmed that he and Manafort conducted CRIMINAL ACTIVITY. At least 15 times.

His bookkeeper, testified SHE COOKED THE BOOKS.

In what world, does that seem like it's moving towards being thrown out.

If it IS, by some strange action, people should be outraged at the "justice" system, NOT celebrating it.
Sort of like the judicial system not helping to deport illegal immigrants... We should be outrage but not?

Old 08-06-2018, 08:26 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,093,761 times
Gosh If I'm right you all are going to owe me HUGE.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:35 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,831,265 times
Quote:
Gosh If I'm right you all are going to owe me HUGE.

Eh, I wouldn't be spending that yuge win yet, there AADAD. Things are just heating up, and it looks like Gates is singing like a Robin.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Big question is, if Manafort goes down, will you be man enough to come on and admit you were wrong ? If we were wrong, we will certainly admit we called it wrong too.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Sort of like the judicial system not helping to deport illegal immigrants... We should be outrage but not?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/25/u...mmigrants.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies